Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDcoder

Capture data from Run

4 posts in this topic

Hello Guys!

I want to capture output from

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & '7za l documents.zip', "", @SW_HIDE)

Is it possible?

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

Read the help file for Run, it's all explained in there.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

i read the documentation but i am a little confused

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• BlazerV60
      By BlazerV60
      Hello all,
      I've written the code below which launches chrome in incognito mode and then proceeds to go to the autoit website.
      From my understanding, the Run() command is also supposed to output the PID number related to the application that got launched from the Run command.
      However when I run the below lines, it outputs a PID number that is different from the newly launched chrome browser's PID number, does anyone know why and possibly explain how I could retrieve the accurate PID number associated with the newly launched browser?
      Global $iPid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c start chrome.exe https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/ -incognito' ,"", "") msgbox(0,"",$iPid) Thank you,
      Brian
    • rootx
      By rootx
      I need help to understand why the run function does not work, but if i use it directly inside cmd shell the command works. $where is the name of the jpg file
      ShellExecute(@ComSpec ," /k C:\Users\root\Desktop\test\exiftool.exe -p $FileName "&'"'&$where&'"'&" > "&'"'&@ScriptDir&"\out.txt"&'"',@ScriptDir);<----- work Run("C:\Users\root\Desktop\test\exiftool.exe -p $FileName "&$where&" > "&@ScriptDir&"\out.txt",@ScriptDir);<--- doesn't work I would use the run command!
      Thx
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      How are you
      I have a question, please.
      I've created a window and i need
      when i run the script if it detect an other copy from the same script was runing
       the script close the first copy Automatically and run a new copy
      I want an example to understand it
    • kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I am attempting to run an Autoit.exe with schtasks every weekday @ 9:05 am.
      I have the below
      C:\>SchTasks /Create /TN "P10Run" /TR "O:\AUTOIT\P40 Run.au3" /SC WEEKLY /D MON, TUE,WED,THU,FRI /ST 09:05:00 SUCCESS: The scheduled task "P10Run" has successfully been created. I also did a "test" run :
      C:\>Schtasks /Run /TN "P10Run SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "P10Run". But when I run my query to verify success my "Last Result" seems to indicate that the script did not run:
      C:\>SCHTASKS /QUERY /FO LIST /V /TN "P10RUN" Folder: \ HostName: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx TaskName: \P10RUN Next Run Time: N/A Status: Could not start Logon Mode: Interactive only Last Run Time: 6/14/2017 9:08:56 AM Last Result: -2147024894 Author: xxxxxxx Task To Run: O:\AUTOIT\P40 Run.au3 Start In: N/A Comment: N/A Scheduled Task State: Enabled Idle Time: Disabled Power Management: Stop On Battery Mode, No Start On Batterie s Run As User: xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxxxx Delete Task If Not Rescheduled: Enabled Stop Task If Runs X Hours and X Mins: 72:00:00 Schedule: Scheduling data is not available in this f ormat. Schedule Type: Weekly Start Time: 9:05:00 AM Start Date: 6/14/2017 End Date: N/A Days: MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI Months: Every 1 week(s) Repeat: Every: Disabled Repeat: Until: Time: Disabled Repeat: Until: Duration: Disabled Repeat: Stop If Still Running: Disabled C:\> Is there something missing in my command? Also is there a better way to make sure that the script does in fact sun successfully?
      Thanks In Advance! 
    • AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      Hello,
      What command would I use to open the following folder directories for:
      Computer/This PC (windows 7/Windows 10)
      Libraries\documents
      Libraries\Pictures
      I know:
       Run("Explorer.exe " & $filepath) ShellExecute($filepath) can be used to open folder locations when you type in the full directory such as "C:\Users\%username%\Documents" but I'm trying to figure out how to use these windows short paths. 
      Thanks,