open firefox

go to specified URL

wait till loaded

fill forms

submit

wait till loaded

check new URL

repeat

Could someone please suggest me the best way to do this?

Must it be Firefox? If so, look at the FF UDF in the Examples forum. If you want to do with IE you can look at the IE functions built into AutoIt.

An example of the form, or the URL you're going to, would go a long way to helping us help you :)

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

i love this forum 'cause it is full of kind helpful peoples :) thank you!

Well, it does not have to be firefox... I tried both, but i always get messy code :(

I'll try to get an html example. Anyway there are textboxes, radio buttons, drop down menus and checkboxes usually.

Depending on the type of form, and whether the fields are "visible" in the html or hidden inside a bunch of javascript, it is usually easier to use the IE functions, in my own experience. Post what you can find, and we'll do what we can to help ;)

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

You could also simply use a custom URL to dynamically populate the form. It depends on how the form is built but in many cases you can do that.

Along these lines, sometimes you can use something like 'curl' to post without requiring a browser at all.

Example: You can start a job in Jenkins via curl (same as logging in, and clicking the build button on a job).

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      How can i add sleep command using internet speed.
      If my internet speed is 40-50Kbps then sleep for 5 seconds,
      If my internet speed is 30-40Kbps then sleep for 4 seconds,
      If my internet speed is 20-30Kbps then sleep for 3 seconds.

*Sleep command used bitween my costom script, Example,
      RunWait("rasdial /disconnect", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Stop connect from start
      Sleep(5000)
      RunWait("rasdial Internet", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Connect again

• Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      Please Somebody Help me i am trying to create new script but, i don't know how to create it.

I am Creating script like this :
      ; My script here [First Script]
      Check the internet connection, if internet connected then
      ; My Script here [Second Script]
      If internet not connected, wait for connect, after connected run my second script
      If Control id/windows/title matched do nothing and end/exit autoit script
      If Control id/windows/title not matched repeat my first and second script again until control id/windows/tittle not matched

match with :
      >>>> Window <<<<
      Title:    PS :: Version - 2.8.0.0  - [PS Bill]
      Class:    WindowsForm734a
      Position:    -8, -8
      Size:    1382, 744
      Style:    0x17CD0000
      ExStyle:    0x00050100
      Handle:    0x0000000000130572
      >>>> Control <<<<
      Class:    WindowsForm734a
      Instance:    15
      ClassnameNN:    WindowsForm34a15
      Name:    BillPrint
      Advanced (Class):    [NAME:BillPrint]
      ID:    7875
      Text:    
      Position:    39, 310
      Size:    1221, 306
      ControlClick Coords:    745, 20
      Style:    0x56010000
      ExStyle:    0x00000000
      Handle:    0x00000000000C0468

• Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      How can i stop/pause my internet connection for only 7 seconds, after 7 seconds automaticaly resume my internet.
      Please give me scripte
    • Psyllex
      By Psyllex
      Is it possible for AutoIt to execute LALT+LSHIFT+NUMLOCK?  I've attempted the following:

;To show the desktop Send("{RWIN down}") Send("{d}") Send("{RWIN up}") WinWait(2) ;just to make sure the desktop is activated. ControlClick("", "",1[,button="left"[, clicks=2 [, x [, y]]]] ) Send("{LALT down}") Send("{CLT down}") Send("{DELETE down}") ;Send("{LSHIFT down}") ;Send("{NUMLOCK}") ;Send("{NUMLOCK}") ;Send ("{LALT up}") ;Send("{LSHIFT up}") This should bring up the MouseKeys dialog...but I'm getting nothing.  Thanks for any help!
    • WalkHappy
      By WalkHappy
      Hello, I'm in the process of recreation-ally expanding my Auto-it experience for some future awesome presentation-Al capabilities. So I have a user interface which loads a text document onto a GUI-object. The variables of this function are 1) The text document is dynamic in font size and face; giving the viewer an unpredictable horizontal/vertical scroll dimension. 2) The main objective is to animate the vertical scroll-bar so that it moves like the end of a movie with accreditation. 3) I'm trying to limit the accessibility in observation by excluding any mouse functions within the animation process. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Been trying to work on this for days now - from getting element properties, to embedding external code, and even exploiting ("$oIE.navigate") to loading several awkwardly formatted text documents in sequential order just to imitate a slightly offensive animation scheme. Anyways... Suggestions and comments welcomed please!!
      Script is from [Function GUICreate] - Doc:
      GUICreate("Embedded Web control Test", 640, 580, (@DesktopWidth - 640) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 580) / 2, BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN)) GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 40, 600, 360) $idButton_Back = GUICtrlCreateButton("Back", 10, 420, 100, 30) $idButton_Forward = GUICtrlCreateButton("Forward", 120, 420, 100, 30) $idButton_Home = GUICtrlCreateButton("Home", 230, 420, 100, 30) $idButton_Stop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 330, 420, 100, 30) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ;Show GUI After this.. This is the window that pop's-up: