Help: Don't "copy shortcut" on context menu for _IECreateEmbedded()

BamBuVn

• Moderators

Don't bump a thread within 24 hours (only warning).

I know you can disable it from the registry, but that's a permanent solution or at least a well monitored one that shouldn't be trusted.

It's a menu, so I'm sure the _GUICtrlMenu* functions will help.

The idea would be to find the context menu for IE and use those functions.

You have the browser object, so getting a handle to the browser is no problem, but I don't have the patience to do your part in finding examples online on how to do it (even if it's not in autoit).

If you can find code in other languages that does what you're looking for, I'm sure someone here can translate it.

Another option is to hook the browser object, track/trap the contextmenu primary mouseclick with a callback function and control the outcome from there.

And yet another option is to inject javascript to prevent contextmenu primary mouseclick from within the DOM of the object.

Those last two suggestions are not very good if you ever want the user to actually be able to use anything in the contextmenu... especially the last one.

So there you have it.

3 suggestions on what to do... all require some work on your part.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 6 years later...

@Parsix you probably didn't notice that you are replying to a post that is 6 years old. Because languages and operating systems change over time often old questions and answers are not relevant over time hence a reluctance to necro-posting. 

If you believe the question and your answer are still timely to someone searching today please repost the question with your answer.