Sign in to follow this  
TheSaint

Hey Everyone (please VOTE in Challenge)

TheSaint

Hi everyone,

Perhaps, if you have a spare moment, you might like to take a look at >Wiki Examples Challenge Part 2 in the Developer Chat section, and do AutoIt and the contestants a favor, by examining the six Examples and casting a vote for one of them.

That would be really appreciated. :thumbsup:

P.S. Jos, etc, Melba23 - I hope you don't mind me posting this here and in GUI Help as well? :D

Edited by TheSaint
  • Like 2

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

mikell

Great idea to post this in the General Help forum

Who except the MVPs/Devs go to the Developer Chat section ?  :D

The code is intended to beginners thus this vote should be submitted to beginners

• Like 2

Exit

Why is there no sample for a very, very beginner?

If I would be a MVP. I would have proposed this:

MsgBox(0, "My first AutoIt script","Hello world!")

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :) 

kylomas

Why is there no sample for a very, very beginner?

If I would be a MVP. I would have proposed this:

MsgBox(0, "My first AutoIt script","Hello world!")

It's a balancing act between, simple, demonstrative and useful...did you enter the last contest?

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

TheSaint

That is very true, and we are starting to get a clearer picture now, but more votes could make it truly definitive.

So please, give us a little of your time, as many of you are or were our target audience not so long ago.

Even if you just make a comment there (without voting), that will be a help, as the end result is not set in stone.

Checkout Wiki Examples Challenge Part 2

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I want to check some Excel data against data on a website in Chrome. I use Chrome because the site I use does not function properly in Internet Explorer or Firefox. I know how to do the Excel stuff I just can not figure out how to send to Chrome, let alone check to see if the data matches or not. I am also having trouble finding any help online while searching for Chrome functions for Autoit. I have a Chrome UDF installed but I still can not figure out how to get my code to properly function. (I am not posting code because I am  sure my code isn't right, to begin with)
      As usual, any and all help would be greatly appreciated. 
    • ohaya
      By ohaya
      Hi,
      I have a situation where I need to make one request to get a kind of pre-logon page, then click a link on that pre-logon page, which then returns a login form page, and then fill in information in the form page and submit it.
      How can I handle that using AutoIT?
      I can get the AutoIT script to tab to the link, then send an ENTER, which then causes the FORM page to appear in IE.  However, I cannot seem to get the form object from the FORM page (_IEFormGetObjByName fails when it searches for the form).  Why is that, and how can I get the AutoIT to process the FORM page?
      Thanks,
      Jim
    • JuanFelipe
      By JuanFelipe
      Hello friends, I have a simple question, can I have a variable that is not reset, even if my program is closed?
      That is, I want to make a program that can only be opened once, have a variable $ ini = 0, when it is opened for the first and only time it becomes $ ini = 1, so that it can not use the program a second time, as if it was a test software.
      I do not want the variable to depend on a reading of an external file that is easily manipulated. Thank you.
    • TheSaint
      By TheSaint
      Here is the bare bones of a UDF I have started work on.
      Mostly just a proof of concept at this stage, and still need to add some functions and dress the UDF up a bit ... to look like a UDF ... though it has my own distinct styling, especially as I have never really developed a UDF before now .... used plenty and modified plenty though. I've even invented my own UDF variable naming convention, which I am sure some of you will be aghast at. I work with what feels best for me, but others are free to adapt if they wish.
      The idea is to emulate the simplicity of INI files, but gain the benefits of SQL.
      Two scripts are provided.
      (1) The UDF, a work in progress - SimpleSQL_UDF.au3
      (2) An example or testing script - UDF_Test.au3
      Another first for me, is creating a 2D array from scratch, never done that before, that I can recall ... never had a need, and even for 1 dimension arrays, for a long time now, I have just used _StringSplit to create them. So I needed a bit of a refresher course, which my good buddy @TheDcoder assisted me with ... not without some angst I might add. LOL
      SimpleSQL_UDF.zip
      Program requires the sqlite3.dll, not included, but easily enough obtained.
      Hopefully the usage is self-evident ... just change the Job number variable in the UDF_Test.au3 file to check the existing functions out.
      Enjoy!
      P.S. This is also related to a new program I have just finished and uploaded - INItoSQL DB
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      My program has to first search for names in Column D that do not match up with column C. I got that search to work using arrays. It was slow and I could not figure out how to delete them so I just manually put coded the names that do not belong. I found their cell location but I do not know how to store that location and delete it.
      This is what I have so far.
      Local $NameToDelete1[6]  = _Excel_RangeFind($OpenWorkbook, "Smith, Bill") _ArrayDisplay($NameToDelete1, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 1", "", 0, "|", "Sheet|Name|Cell|Value|Formula|Comment") _Excel_RangeDelete($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $NameToDelete1[2], $xlShiftUp)  
      Please help, I wanted to have this program done yesterday but I did not see this problem until yesterday.