Selecting Text from a custom list.

Go to solution Solved by CorneliusJ,

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Autoit, and programming so please be patient. I have scoured the forums looking for a solution to my problem, but to no avail.

What I am trying to do is this:

I have an application which imports data into a database using the applications own import manager. However, there are many different databases in the same instance, and the Import Manager once activated connects to the last database the user connected to.

I am trying to write a script which will automate the connection to the correct database using the applications own forms / windows / controls. However, I get to a point where I open the available databases, but cannot make a selection in the list, the actual controls are not picked up, and using the string reference doesn't seem to work, or I am doing it wrong, which is more likely. 

My code so far:

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.12.0
 Author:         CJ Myburgh

Script Function:
Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoItSetOption ("TrayIconDebug", 1)

Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartPlant\Electrical\Program\SPELImportManager.exe")
   Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase
   WinWaitActive("SmartPlant Electrical Import Manager -")

WinMenuSelectItem("SmartPlant Electrical Import Manager -","","&File","&Open","Plant &Group...")
   WinWaitActive("Open Plant Group")

ControlClick("Open Plant Group","","&Select Plant...")

ControlSend("Open Plant Structure -","","[CLASS:TreeView20WndClass]","10071")

It's at the final ControlSend script where I am not succeeding. I am using Control Viewer but the only Control that I can identify is the actual list box, and not the selections themselves.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Hi John,

Yes, I can use arrow keys to make the selection and Enter / Return to select... However, the active selection is dependent on which of the plants were last logged in to. So it wouldn't always be the same key strokes to access the same plant database.  

• Solution

Okay, so I can get it to work using the keystroke method. I overrun the UP arrow to get to the root, at which point I can then consistently count to the project database I want and send ENTER. 

Obviously this is not the most graceful approach, but it works. 

Thanks John.