Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyan

Selectable label

2 posts in this topic

I know this ain't much (nothing for autoit experts) but can help someone who was looking for a selectable label ;)

(I used the hex values to avoid #include <EditConstants.au3>, the vars are in comment in front of the 2nd line)

$Form1 = GUICreate("Test", 351, 50)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("Selectable Label", 10, 4, 176, 20, 0x0800,0x00000020) ;$ES_READONLY, $WS_EX_TRANSPARENT
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case -3
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

PS: I think the same could be accomplished with GUICtrlCreateInput()

Heroes, there is no such thing

One day I'll discover what IE.au3 has of special for so many users using it.
C'mon there's InetRead and WinHTTP, way better
happy.png

You seem to be providing rather than questioning, but apart from this probably not being the correct place for an Example, I'm not understanding the benefit.

You can make a genuine Label clickable, by just using $SS_NOTIFY

And it can be made to change color etc if necessary, to show it is selected.

Otherwise, it seems you are only repeating what anyone could get quite simply, and we do, from the Help file.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• hcI
      By hcI
      Hello
      Today I'm working on listbox but there might be something that I'm missing...
      I made a little script that allow the user to swap 2 items for the listbox. So the user select for example the 3rd item, press the button "Up" and it switch with the 2nd one, same with the "Down" button that switch with the 4th one.
      But when I select the 3rd item and switch it the item become unselected and I would like to select it again after the manipulation :
      As you can see in the comment of the script, _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel don't highlight/select them once the swap process is done..
      What am I missing ?
    • whiskas
      By whiskas
      Hi all,
      I just upgraded to windows 10 and am using Edge as my browser now. Updated my scripts, but I can not unhide a minimized Edge window with the script anymore.
      WinSetState ( "titlle","", @SW_MAXIMIZE ) works fine, but not if it is minimized. Tried same with SW_SHOW, doesn't work.
      WinExists("title","") -> returns 1, so it is finding my window.

WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
              If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
              WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
      Doesn't work also, so I think I tried all but cant get the window back
      Any help would be appreciated

• thoms
      By thoms
      Hello Forum,
      I'm trying to vertically center text in label controls, but no way. The search on the forum returns no result, or I don't search the right way
      When I insert a button and a label of same size close to each other, the text is centered on the button, but top aligned on the label, or edit. Which doesn't look really aesthetic
      Any idea is welcome
      Thanks in advance,
      Thoms
    • parrishjason
      By parrishjason
      Hello all.

I currently have an AutoIT script that uses INetGet to retrieve and run files over a network. However, as it stands the app has currently changed to the point where I must open an actual browser in order to be able to get to the file (at least, this is the easiest way).

Right now I have an extremely unreliable and clunky set of Send and Click commands to accomplish this task with sleeps in between everything to the point where I *hope* my file was downloaded before I try to click the "Run" button in microsoft edge. 

I've been looking into IUIautomation, but I'm having quite a time understanding how to actually use it properly.

I'd think that a script to navigate to a URL, download a file, then click "Run" in the browser would be simple. If I can get any help that'd be highly appreciated.

Once I see a sample of how to download the file, the navigation part should be quite trivial to figure out.
    • david1337
      By david1337
      Hey guys
      I hope that I can get a little help with this one

In this GUI example using GUIListViewEx, I have a list based on items found in test.txt.

When an item is selected, and I click the GetInfo button, a message will show the text of that item.
      Is it possible to activate a case like that as soon as the item is selected, so I don't need a button to start the case?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GUIListViewEx.au3> Global $MainGUI_ManageItemList Global $File = "test.txt" Global $FileToArray = FileReadToArray("test.txt") Call ("MainGUI_ManageItemList") Func MainGUI_ManageItemList() Local $Button1 $MainGUI_ManageItemList = GUICreate("Manage Item List", 800, 400, -1, -1) $cLV = GUICtrlCreateListView("[items]", 10, 10, 400, 775, $LVS_NOCOLUMNHEADER) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "@Arial Unicode MS") _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cLV, 0, 378) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button 1", 425, 10, 80, 30) $RemoveItem = GUICtrlCreateButton("Remove Item", 425, 50, 80, 30) $GetInfo = GUICtrlCreateButton("GetInfo", 425, 120, 80, 30) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $MainGUI_ManageItemList) ; Intialise ListView Global $iLV_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cLV) ; Insert lines _GUIListViewEx_Insert($FileToArray, True) ; Register required messages _GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister(True, False, False, False) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $Button1 MsgBox(0,"","Button 1 is pressed") Case $RemoveItem _GUIListViewEx_Delete() Case $GetInfo $ItemSelected = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($cLV, True) If IsArray($ItemSelected) And $ItemSelected[0] <> 0 Then ;This part makes sure it doesn't crash when no item is selected. $ItemSelectedText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($cLV, $ItemSelected[1]) msgbox (0, "Selected item", $ItemSelectedText) EndIf EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;==>Main