IsUpdateing, how to check updates

Go to solution Solved by JohnOne,

Hello everyone! Have a nice Tuesday!

I would like to inquire if there is a _IsUpdateing like function in autoit. Till now I used to watch out for an update windiw, and when that popped, and if i was quick enough to get its handle/class/title I would make an if clause after the script starts said program, to see if its updateing or not, and act accordingly. Unfourtunetly this solution become obsolete if an update message is changed (happened with me once before), I also suspect that this is not the most elegant way to do it :) .

So is there a function like that? that check if x-y is updateing or not? I'm not sure how would it be done, I only found _selfUpdate and things like that when I searched for that (interesthing stuff!) but those arent what I was looking for. If not, what would be a more "elegant" way to achive something like this?

All my scripts automate relativly small programs here, so their update takes respectively around 5-30 secs. The updates usually shouldn't cause any problems, since I was asked to make a separat buttone to start x-y programs anyway. So when an update comes initself it wouldn't cause anything, and unless the user is really really in a hurry and try to start something, that would just wait till the window appear where it would start to do what it was designed to do, in most cases at least. 

Thank you for your insight!

• Solution

This is a very custom function, so it's no surprise you don't find a boil in the bag solution.

Only you know what apps might update and how they update.

I'd take a look at what process runs when whatever app is updating and check for them.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.