Ellone

Several window at a time and focus on a window.

Ellone

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to run more than one script at a time on different windows in order to emulate click and keyboard stroke.

As far as I know, it's not possible to have several mouses, so I don't see how this could be achieved.

For example, let's say I have a client in one window, and my internet browser in another window. I'd like to run one script on the client window, and another script on the navigator browser simultaneously.

Is this possible ?

Also how can I get the focus on my browser at the beginning of my script ? I tried winActivate("Mozilla"), without success.

Regards.

Melba23

Ellone,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

But please pay attention to where you post - the "Dev Chat" section where you started this thread is not for general support questions.  I have moved it for you, but would ask you to be more careful in future.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______Open Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ohaya
      By ohaya
      Hi,
      I am still really new with AutoIT.  We are using it to automate logging into web sites and I have encountered problems with focus.  The target web page is configured to put the cursor into the first text field (username) when the page is loaded, and when I run the AutoIT script, which does the log in seems like it is just not starting where I expect it to be.  
      I have been kind of using ToolTip() to kind of help with debugging, but now I am wondering if the calls to ToolTip() are causing the focus to be messed up.  
      For example, at least visually, when the ToolTip() is called, I can see the cursor disappear from the web page text field and they when I do anything that is supposed to send keystrokes, they are going off somwhere else ("never-neverland").
      But when I remove some of the ToolTip() calls, it works correctly.
      So the questions I have are:
      1) Do the ToolTip() calls interfere with/change where the focus on the target page are?
      2) In general, what are the "rules" for where ToolTip can be used "safely" (== doesn't interfere with focus)?
      Thanks,
      Jim

• jantograaf
      By jantograaf
      Hi all,
      I'm having some trouble restoring a program which uses a normal AutoIT-GUI and is used as a ToolKit for our customers to open different (external) tools, check their network connections or ping different destinations. Almost all customers are running this script on Win7 x64. 
      What do I want to do?
      When the program is already running and the user tries to start it for a second time, it should exit the second instance after activating/restoring the first instance.
      What did I do to integrate this?
      I used a little piece of script found on the forums to prevent opening a second instance and modified it as follows:
      $g_szVersion = "VSOL ToolKit" If WinExists($g_szVersion) Then Local $gState = WinGetState($g_szVersion) MsgBox(0,"","gState = " & $gState) ;For debugging purposes WinSetState($g_szVersion,"",@SW_SHOW) MsgBox(0,"","gState = " & $gState) ;For debugging purposes WinSetState($g_szVersion,"",@SW_RESTORE) MsgBox(0,"","gState = " & $gState) ;For debugging purposes WinActivate($g_szVersion) Exit EndIf AutoItWinSetTitle($g_szVersion) I have tried it with only the @SW_SHOW, only the @SW_RESTORE, both of them in a different order, same difference, it doesn't work.
      What does happen then?
      It detects the current state (when it's minimized) as '5', which means enabled and hidden. After setting the state to show, the state changes to 7. Restoring doesn't change the state. But what is really odd, is that the window doesn't appear but AutoIt seems to create a néw window with the same title as the existing one. 

It doesn't matter if the window was originally minimized by clicking the minimize button in the GUI or by a line of code in my script. For example, when users open a software package from within my script, a similar function to this one will be called:
      Func VSOL_FFTOOLS_SHOW_DOWNLOADS() GUISetState(@SW_MINIMIZE,$VSOL_BACKEND) ShellExecute(@UserProfileDir & "\Downloads") EndFunc The only thing that does work, is when the window is running in a non-minimized state (somewhere behind the current window), it gets activated and receives the focus when trying to start the second instance.
      If anyone could help me out with this one, I'd be forever thankful :-)
      Thanks in advance!
      Kind regards,
      Jan Geurts
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      I have an inquiry please
      when i use the control get focus
      it don't detect the menu item
      there are any Method to do that?
      i'll use that to make a custom screen reader in my program
      please help me to do that
      I am waiting for your answers
      greetings to you
      Thank you in advance

• kklee69
      By kklee69
      When LISTVIEW loses focus,the selected item will turn gray.
      How can I change It . Let it continue to stay blue
      Do not gray

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() Local $listview, $button, $item1, $item2, $item3, $msg GUICreate("LISTVIEW", 220, 250, 100, 200, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("NO1 |NO2|NO3 ", 10, 10, 200, 150);,$LVS_SORTDESCENDING) $button = GUICtrlCreateButton("BUTTON", 75, 170, 70, 20) $item1 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem ("A1|A2|A3", $listview) $item2 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem ("B1|B2|B3", $listview) $item3 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem ("C1|C2|C3", $listview) $item4 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem ("D1|D2|D3", $listview) $item5 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem ("E1|E2|E3", $listview) GUICtrlCreateInput("", 20, 200, 150) GUISetState() Do $msg = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $msg = $button MsgBox(0, "", GUICtrlRead(GUICtrlRead($listview)), 2) Case $msg = $listview MsgBox(0, "", "" & GUICtrlGetState($listview), 2) EndSelect Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE EndFunc ;==>Example  
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      I designed this code To help the blind
      Where screen readers users can  Identify the sefocus  item with audio files
      In this code i define some elements
      Unfortunately, I did not know how to define the other elements
      I am waiting for your initiative to  define the other elements
      Thank you in advance
      Global $CFocus = "" Func focus($window) Local $focusing = ControlGetFocus($window) Local $handle = ControlGetHandle($window, "", $focusing) If Not ($focusing = $CFocus) Then Switch StringTrimRight($focusing, 1) Case "button" If IsCheckBox($handle) Then play("checkBox") ElseIf IsRadio($handle) Then play("RadioButton") Else play("focus") EndIf $CFocus = $focusing Case "comboBox", "ListBox" play("list") $CFocus = $focusing Case "edit", "input" play("edit") $CFocus = $focusing Case Else play("focus") $CFocus = $focusing EndSwitch EndIf EndFunc ;==>focus Func IsCheckBox($ctrl_hwnd) $Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($ctrl_hwnd, $GWL_STYLE) Return BitAND($Style, $BS_CHECKBOX) = $BS_CHECKBOX EndFunc ;==>IsCheckBox Func IsRadio($ctrl_hwnd) $Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($ctrl_hwnd, $GWL_STYLE) Return BitAND($Style, $BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON) = $BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON EndFunc ;==>IsRadio Func play($name, $wait = 0) Local Const $SND_RESOURCE = 0x00040004 Local Const $SND_ASYNC = 1 ; Play the file - the script will pause as it sounds If $wait = 0 Then DllCall("winmm.dll", "int", "PlaySound", "str", $name, "hwnd", 0, "int", BitOR($SND_RESOURCE, $SND_ASYNC)) Else DllCall("winmm.dll", "int", "PlaySound", "str", $name, "hwnd", 0, "int", $SND_RESOURCE) EndIf Return 1 EndFunc ;==>play