Sign in to follow this  
TheOnlyOne

_ie function to choose Referrer

TheOnlyOne

Hi. I am trying to create an embedded ie window and have successfully done so. First I change the site to google.com (need to navigate before i can write html to the embedded window) Then i use _IEDocWriteHTML to make an embedded youtube link. The problem is I get an error when trying to play the song ->

this video contains content from vevo. it is restricted from playback on certain sites

So I tried googling this and it seems like I need to specify a Referer or youtube will block me(on certain videos)

I once again turned to google and found this thread https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/165108-ie-referrer/  and this snippet of code 

$oIE.Navigate2("http://whatismyreferer.com", Default, Default, Default, 'Referer: "newwebsite.com"')

but I am not quite sure what I should fill in here. I have never heard of referer before this problem occoured, but isn't it what tells youtube where the user watching the video came from? how can i specify this when it is just a script running?

this is the code i use to build the html i use to create the embedded link to youtube

local $buildHtml = ""
    $buildHtml &= "<head>" & @CRLF
    $buildHtml &= "<body>" & @CRLF
    $buildHtml &= '<iframe width="300" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/'& $split[1] &'?rel=0&amp;showinfo=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>'

$buildHtml &= "</body>" & @CRLF
    $buildHtml &= "</head>" & @CRLF

split[1] contains the id of the video. I would like some help to how I can resolve this and maybe an answer to if my understanding of a referer is correct(and/or maybe a more in depth answer)? 

Edited by TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

bump(I know it hasn't been 24 hours but I thought it was ok since there was all this spam yesterday and my post pretty much got buried )

TheOnlyOne

uhm yea, pretty much like this

#include <ie.au3>

$buildHtml = ""
$buildHtml &= "<HTML>" & @CRLF
$buildHtml &= "<BODY>" & @CRLF
$buildHtml &= '<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QcIy9NiNbmo?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>' & @CRLF
$buildHtml &= "</BODY>" & @CRLF
$buildHtml &= "</HTML>"

$gui = GUICreate("",300,300,-1,-1)
$ie = _IECreateEmbedded()
GUICtrlCreateObj($ie,0,0,200,200)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
_IENavigate($ie,"google.com",1)
sleep(200)
_IEDocWriteHTML($ie,$buildHtml)
_IEAction($ie, "refresh")

while(1)
sleep(5)
WEnd

TheOnlyOne

Nvm I found a solution. By chaning the _ienavigate to youtube.com it will allow me to see the embedded video.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• gahhon
      By gahhon
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=..\..\Downloads\ALlogo.ico #AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_Both=y #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_HiDpi=y #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y #Au3Stripper_Parameters=/so /rm /pe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** I found out that a lot of sources provided by AutoIT members like what I am recently using is the Metro UDF.
      On top of it, it always written the Region of code and red color. Then it also assign some value into some variable.
      May I know, what are their use and what is the purpose of doing?
      If I remove them, will affect the application?
      Thanks
    • gahhon
      By gahhon
      I don't find any relevant topic via Google Search. Please kindly advise how to read and update data in Google SpreadSheet.
      Thanks a lot.
    • gahhon
      By gahhon
      While Not _Login() _Initial_Check() WEnd Func _Login() Local $FLAG_LOGIN = _Password_Check() If @error = 1 Then _Close_Application() ElseIf @error = 2 Then _Metro_MsgBox(0, "", $FLAG_LOGIN) Return False Else ; $FLAG_LOGIN return TRUE _Metro_MsgBox(0, "", "Access granted!") Return True EndIf EndFunc  I do have a question regarding the While Not Loop.
      According to the code I post above, While Not _Login() is similar to While _Login() = False right?
      Which mean when _Login() return False and it will execute the _Initial_Check() function, but somehow the logic is not right and I also don't understand why While Not _Login() loop is executed as expected.
      What I wanna achieve is when _Login() is not success, which mean return False then it continue loop the _Login() function until it return True
      When It return True only execute the _Initial_Check() function.
      Please kindly clarify. Thanks
    • Jemboy
      By Jemboy
      Hi,
      At work we have some proprietary website, users have to login to.
      I have "made" an autoit executable to start IE, go the website, login, so the user do not have input their credentials every time.
      By NDA I am not allowed disclosed the URL of the website nor the login credentials
      So I made a fake website and an autoitscript to illustrate my question.
      #include <ie.au3> $oIE = _IECreate ("about:blank", 0, 1, 1, 1) $HWND = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd") WinActivate ($HWND,"") WinSetState($HWND, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) _IENavigate ($oIE, "http://demo.rkilinc.nl",1) The above start my demo website. The actual website has some links in the footer that I do not want most people click on.
      I contacted the developers of the website and they are thinking of making an option to configure what links to show in the footer, but they said it's not a high priority for them.

I discovered, that by click F12 and deleting the <footer> element the footer is delete from the live page view (until the page is reloaded off course)
      I want to automate the removal of the footer, without using things like send().
      I tried getting the footer with _IEGetObjById and deleting it with _IEAction, but that didn't work.
      Does any one has an idea how I could delete the footer directly from view with an autoit script?
      TIA, Jem.

• gahhon
      By gahhon
      I would like to copy the entire folder with current directory @WorkingDir
      paste into either Program Files or Program Files (x86)
      Global Const $CUR_WA_FOLDER = @WorkingDir & "\Test Folder" Global Const $DIR_FOLDER = _ProgramFilesDir() _Initial_Check() Func _Initial_Check() If FileExists($DIR_FOLDER & "\Test Folder") = 0 Then Local $Decisions = _Metro_MsgBox(4, "", "Do you want to install Test Application?") If $Decisions = "Yes" Then DirCopy($CUR_WA_FOLDER, $DIR_FOLDER, 1) Else _Close_Application() EndIf EndIf EndFunc Func _ProgramFilesDir() Local $ProgramFilesDir Switch @OSArch Case "X32" $ProgramFilesDir = "Program Files" Case "X64" $ProgramFilesDir = "Program Files (x86)" EndSwitch Return @HomeDrive & "\" & $ProgramFilesDir EndFunc