Sign in to follow this  
EndFunc

$STDOUT_CHILD is not producing any results

EndFunc

Whenever I try to run this simple command it does not work with the constants at the end. If I remove the $STDERR_CHILD and $STDOUT_CHILD, the command works but of course I can't capture the text. I've tried many ways. I have the autoconstants include declared also. I looked at other topics in the forum and many are very old but didn't seem to be this scenario. AutoIt ver 3.3.12

Local $get = Run(@ComSpec & " /c ipconfig","",@SW_SHOW,$STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

While 1
        $sOutput = StdoutRead($get)
        If @error Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Stdout Read:", $sOutput)
     WEnd
Edited by EndFunc

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

MuffinMan
#include<MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include<AutoItConstants.au3>
Local $get = Run(@ComSpec & " /c ipconfig","",@SW_SHOW,$STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

While 1
        If @error Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
        Run("notepad.exe")
        Send($sOutput)
     WEnd

This code worked well for me.  What kind of error are you getting?

EndFunc

Ah, I'm stupid for not noticing that. The script wasn't giving an error at all it was running through and not outputting anything. The problem was the the msgbox. Instead of giving me an error because I didn't include MsgBoxConstants.au3 it just seem to ignore it so the script just ran and did nothing. Normally it should say their is a variable not defined. Thanks for clarity and 2nd set of eyes. 

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

iamtheky

You could also do it like so:

$sOutput = ""

While ProcessExists($get)
        $sOutput &= StdoutRead($get)
     WEnd

MsgBox(0, "Stdout Read:", $sOutput)

The original example also kind of fails in logic, as the first msgbox is empty everytime because there is no data...yet, and then i click ok and the second has data in it because by that time $sOutput has been populated.

#include<MsgBoxConstants.au3>

While 1
        If @error Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
     WEnd

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• JuanFelipe
      By JuanFelipe
      Hello friends, I have a simple question, can I have a variable that is not reset, even if my program is closed?
      That is, I want to make a program that can only be opened once, have a variable $ ini = 0, when it is opened for the first and only time it becomes $ ini = 1, so that it can not use the program a second time, as if it was a test software.
      I do not want the variable to depend on a reading of an external file that is easily manipulated. Thank you.
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      My program has to first search for names in Column D that do not match up with column C. I got that search to work using arrays. It was slow and I could not figure out how to delete them so I just manually put coded the names that do not belong. I found their cell location but I do not know how to store that location and delete it.
      This is what I have so far.
      Local $NameToDelete1[6]  = _Excel_RangeFind($OpenWorkbook, "Smith, Bill") _ArrayDisplay($NameToDelete1, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 1", "", 0, "|", "Sheet|Name|Cell|Value|Formula|Comment") _Excel_RangeDelete($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $NameToDelete1[2], $xlShiftUp)  
      Please help, I wanted to have this program done yesterday but I did not see this problem until yesterday. 
    • TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      So Im trying to make a simple 2d game and make some sort of collision detection so why not to make a 2 dimensional array but i have no clue how  to write it in multiple lines
      Global $map[5,5] = [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0] something like this but it doesn't work
    • Zein
      By Zein
      #include "..\Include\Array.au3" #include "..\Include\File.au3" #include "..\Include\AutoItConstants.au3" Local $aRetArray Local $sFilePath = "n.csv" _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, ",") ; _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, $FRTA_COUNT, ",") _ArrayDisplay($aRetArray, "Original", Default, 8) The above code shows two versions of _FileReadToArray and both don't work as expected.
      The first one doesn't use the comma as a delimiter. (so I get a single column array)  I tried adding "Default" between $aRetArray and "," then it told me it had an incorrect number of parameters. 

I looked again at the documentation:

#include <File.au3> _FileReadToArray ( $sFilePath, ByRef $vReturn [, $iFlags = $FRTA_COUNT [, $sDelimiter = ""]] )
      And I with or without the flags params I should be getting a 2D array due to my file being a csv. 
      I then tried a regular flag, $FRTA_COUNT, and it tells me that I'm using a variable $FRTA_COUNT while it's not declared. Tried putting in 1 instead and it told me again, incorrect number of params. 

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need to perform a subtotal in excel and I would like to automate this process using Autoit if possible like always any and all help will be greatly appreciated. 
      I can not find a good example but the two from Microsoft. Here is one of the two from msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/excel-vba/articles/range-subtotal-method-excel
      I do not really understand how to translate this into AutoIt, but I gave it a try and here is what I have.
      $OpenRange      = "A1:E200" $xlSum          = -4157 $Added_Array[2] = [2, 3] $OpenRange.Subtotal("B1", $xlSum, $Added_Array, True, False, True) I just need to perform a subtotal on a range based on a header called department, and then perform a sum on the results.