Sign in to follow this  
tweakster2010

[SOLVED]Child Window Questions

tweakster2010

Hey guys, Been awhile.

I am creating a calculator with settings to store to a file but the issue i am working on figuring out is getting the child window to behave properly on loading and shutting down.

Currently This is an example of my setup

Switch GuiGetMsg($Calc)
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $SettingItemOptions
            Call(CalcOptions)

Func CalcOptions()
$CalcOptions = GUICreate("Options", 335, 396, 1010, 164,-1,$WS_EX_MDICHILD,$Calc)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
Switch GUIGetMsg($CalcOptions)
    Case $OptionsCancel
        Return
        GUIDelete($CalcOptions)

EndSwitch
WEnd
EndFunc

Now this is trimmed down but its minus all the inputs. The idea is when I am closing and opening it its got odd behavior.

Issues:

1:  When it is opening it does not pull the the front window until i click the parent gui.

2:  When I hit cancel(optionscancel) it does nothing (i tried "return" before and after guidelete) and I tried where guigetmsg was a variable instead and without calling the variables.

any help is totally appreciated. :) I am doing the call and returns the same way I have another program functioning but this one i am creating it as a child instead of a separate instance i guess... Maybe that is where I am messing up?

<EDIT 1>

Fixed the Optionscancel, i did not exitloop but used exit with gui close and that apparently conflicts with it. The main issue now is it loading  and showing up first, I want the parent to stay in the background and the new gui to show up just it isnt doing such. This seems to be a trend I post and figure it out after I post >.>

Edited by tweakster2010

MikahS

Could you please provide us with an actual reproducer script? This script you have provided is so jumbled I can't understand the true problem you are having.

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

tweakster2010

Yes sorry, its a little indepth and i was focusing on the snippet portion that isnt working.

This should be replicatable, i just removed labels / inputs / additional options. otherwise its copy and pasted.

I also just discovered it is throwing the child window to the far right of the screen usually off screen based on where the parent window is located... >.>

Global $Calc

Installations()

Func Installations()
$Calc = GUICreate("Calculator", 301, 506, 1165, 157)

$SettingsMenu = GuiCtrlCreateMenu("&Settings")
    $SettingItemOptions = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Options", $SettingsMenu)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW

While 1
    Sleep(10)
    Switch GuiGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
        Case $SettingItemOptions
            Call(Options)

EndSwitch
WEnd
EndFunc

Func Options()

$CalcOptions = GUICreate("Options", 335, 396, 1010, 164,-1,$WS_EX_MDICHILD,$Calc)
$OptionsCancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 208, 328, 65, 33)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
Switch GUIGetMsg()
    Case $OptionsCancel
        GUIDelete($CalcOptions)
        Return

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        GUIDelete($CalcOptions)
        Return

EndSwitch
WEnd
EndFunc

tweakster2010

Figured it out! I had a moment...

this fixed it! i totally derped on top and left

$CalcOptions = GUICreate("Options", 335, 396, -1, -1,-1,$WS_EX_MDICHILD,$Calc)