Trivia autoit

Seeing as how you're "not new to scripting languages or programming" you should have that done within the hour.

I am mostly used with Linux scripts, bash (or sh, depending what you use/consider), and some windows command scripts, but didn't interact with the browser from scripts.

So, with a script like this, it would be possible to get the answer automatically in the same windows the question appears? I will do a little research and if I can, I will try to find some video example or create one myself.

So the help file from IE should be enough? Also, the arguments are passed just like in linux, like... $Number? I will need some guidance (not necesarely now, but maybe in a week) to make it run, maintain it in background and closing it, rerun it, and so on.

• Moderators

I think you're looking for my patented Every Answer to Every Question Ever script :)

$input = InputBox( "Every answer to every question - Ever", "Please enter type in your question." )
ShellExecute ("http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=" &$input)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I think you're looking for my patented Every Answer to Every Question Ever script :)

$input = InputBox( "Every answer to every question - Ever", "Please enter type in your question." )
ShellExecute ("http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=" &$input)

Well, the script simply searches for what you enter. What I need is something that collects the answer from the first link and gives it to me in the same window. The script must detect the question and get the answer.

Edited by Rey94

• Moderators

Well, the script simply searches for what you enter. What I need is something that collects the answer from the first link and gives it to me in the same window. The script must detect the question and get the answer.

My post was an attempt to (with humor) point out that what you're asking is a lot more complicated than you seem to believe, made all the more so by your how vague your request is. Too subtle on my part, perhaps...

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

You should look at the beginners link in my sig.

How difficult would it be to do something just as shown in the video? The difference would be that the "game" would be in browser, for example chrome.

• Moderators

Didn't bother watching the video, but if this is for a game as you seem to indicate, you should check the forum rules before proceeding...

Didn't bother? Than why do you say that my indications were ambiguous?... There were all the "infos" required. It's for a website, to provide feedbacks and answers, and the system is almost the same with the way it happens in the video (the way the questions appear).

• Developers

@Rey94, I bothered to look at the first 20 seconds of it and just saw a funny language and a Game like display, so my question is similar to Jlogan3o13:

Did you read our forum rules and is this for a game?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

i see some multiple choice questions, with both the questions and answers preloaded, and pretty much consists of a $sRealAnswer = $sInputbox type validation.   Maybe they are terribly gathered from the internet such that there are questions with a single multiple choice answer, but it is not "looking them up".    I would be interested also in how you are going to write this in autoit and then publish it on your website in any kind of interactive manner.

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

What have you got so far?

Well, I got something to read a text from the screen, but I need to integrate it and work on a site, because for now, it just pops the "file view" option, because I can't run it without executing in by hand.

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Retrieve the window text of the active window.
    Local $sText = WinGetText("[ACTIVE]")

; Display the window text.
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $sText)
EndFunc   ;==>Example