Looping Functions to listview

This is a repost, since the thread was deleted due to database issues. - https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/173518-thread-deleted/

Hello fellow geeks:)

I am making a small program for work, a tool with shortcuts and host monitoring.

The program has several tab and  I need help with the tab called "Servers/Hosts"

The tab reads hostnames or ip adresses from an ini file and writes them to a listview. You can add or remove hosts, ping, connect with mstsc and delete the whole list. Now...

Im checking for ip adresses on start of the program, or with a refresh button - so far so good.. It´s working.

I also have a function to check if a host is online and write it to the listview, but i cant make it work (im not good enough yet) - (ALMOST SOLVED -  Writing a dummyhost e.g. "test" as hostname, gets the status "Online" - im currently working on that )

This check needs to run every 10 seconds or so, among with the check for ip adresses. But again, (im not good enough yet) - (SOLVED USING AdlibRegister)

I´ve tried to put the functions in a loop in different places in the script. They either "block" the script or hide it.

If i can get the loop to work, there is no need for a refresh button. and i want to put the foldercheck in the VIKING tab in a similar loop, displaying a warning instead of having to click a button. (but thats a different question)

I hope one of you briliant minds can help me along the way:) Thank you for your time.

Tobias

IT-Tools.V13.au3

Servers.ini

Edited by Razormaul
updated files

Oh, my God. They found me. I don't know how, but they found me. Run for it, Marty!

Are you still struggling with any part of this script? It looks functional to me.

Edit: Other than the fact of it being difficult to close because of the constant refreshing of the ping command.

Edited by Venix

OK, this is starting to get annoing:mad: Last 2 replies is now gone!  :'(  (I know your updating)

The issue is getting the corret status from a ping to a listview.

I´ve done many different things with If, If Else statements. I´ve also tried Switch Case:

; GET STATUS OF HOST: OFFLINE / ONLINE AND WRITE TO LISTVIEW ########==>
Func GetStatus()

Local $iniRead = IniReadSection (@ScriptDir & "\Servers.ini", "Servers")

For $i = 0 To $iniRead[0][0]
        $Ip = $iniRead[$i][1]
        Local $iPing = Ping($Ip, 2000)

;MsgBox(0, "$Ip = ", $Ip)
        ;MsgBox(0, "@error", @Error)

If $iPing > 0 Then
            _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview_srv, $i, "Online", 2)
                If @error = 1 Then
                    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview_srv, $i, "Offline", 2)
                        If @error = 2 Then
                            _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview_srv, $i, "Unreachable", 2)
                                If @error = 3 Then
                                    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview_srv, $i, "Bad Destination", 2)
                                        If @error = 4 Then
                                            _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview_srv, $i, "Error", 2)
                                                If $Ip = "" Then
                                                    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview_srv, $i, "IP Missing", 2)

EndIf
                                        EndIf
                                EndIf
                        EndIf
                EndIf
        EndIf

Next

EndFunc

And the Case: 

Switch $iPing

Case $iPing > 0
    Case Else @error = 1
    Case Else @error = 2
    Case Else @error = 3
    Case Else @error = 4
        _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview_srv, $i, "Error", 2)
    Case Else $Ip = ""
        _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview_srv, $i, "IP Missing", 2)

EndSwitch

Im currently working on the updating problem (GUI is unresponsive while the functions are running)

Edited by Razormaul

Oh, my God. They found me. I don't know how, but they found me. Run for it, Marty!

@‌Razormaul

Ill take a look at this when I get home tonight, assuming I don't forget. The GUI will be unresponsive whilst functions are running because AutoIT is a single threaded language. Unfortunately as your function takes a while to run this will cause the GUI to hang which is undesirable. Some fellow users might have some suggestions about how you can handle such problems more elegantly. One thing you could do is handle all the pinging with a completely separate script and then that script could output the necessary data to a file. And then every 30 seconds or so your script can pull in the new information from the file.

Edit: I wouldn't necessary say this Is a great solution but you have to work with the boundaries of a single thread.

Edited by Venix

Does this work for you?

; GET STATUS OF HOST: OFFLINE / ONLINE AND WRITE TO LISTVIEW ########==>
Func GetStatus()

Local $iniRead = IniReadSection (@ScriptDir & "\Servers.ini", "Servers")

For $i = 0 To $iniRead[0][0]
        Local $Ip = $iniRead[$i][1]
        Local $iPing = Ping($Ip, 2000)
        Local $error = @error

Select
            Case $iPing > 0
            Case $error = 1
            Case $error = 2
            Case $error = 3
            Case Else
                _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview_srv, $i, "Other", 2)
        EndSelect
    Next
EndFunc