Sign in to follow this  
Wingens

Controlsend text

Hi,

i am creating a hotkey script for my work.
Now i am hitting a wall, i have to be able to send a line of text using a combination of keys.
The problem i have is not in the combination but in the line of text i am trying to send.

What i am trying to send contains the symbol: !
Everytime i use my script it does send my line of text until it needs to send the !

First i tried:     
ControlSend("", "", "", "svm{$}8{4}{!}", 0)
ControlSend("", "", "", "{enter}")

Right now i changed the code to read the line of text from a ini file but still the problem.

Maybe someone has any ideas?

Hello Wingens,

If you state your issue briefly, We can try to help you out..

You have problems to read from .ini file ?

Tried the raw mode did not solve my problem.

I have no problem with reading the ini file but it sends:

svm$84

it loses the: ! at the end.

Wingens,

Create a ini file with Section name and Key-value format.

For example 

[Text]

Word= "The word that you want to send to ur script"

Then in your script,

Assign any variable to retrieve the text from .ini file like,

$text = IniRead (@ScriptDir & "\.ini", "Text", "Word","")

Then send this $text value to ur controlsend command

ControlSend ( "title", "text", controlID, $text)

Hope this will be useful for you..

My code right now is like that:

$var    = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\pass.ini", "names", "pass", "")
    ControlSend("", "", "", $VAR)

Wingens,

Try this..

Controlsend("Untitled - Notepad","","[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]","svm{$}{8}{4}+{1}")

Its working for me here..

it does send it in a notepad or notepad ++,

but in IE it sends it differently:

svM$8$!

Somehow it chages...

The last one worked changed it a bit to between every character a sleep(50) because don't know why but some times it changes the characters is sends...

thx

The last one worked changed it a bit to between every character a sleep(50) because don't know why but some times it changes the characters is sends...

thx

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Drac89
      Hi Team, 
      I am trying to send credentials via autoit on a web app launched via IE. I am passing the credentials into variables and trying to send them send("$username") but username field isn't getting populated. But the password field, I can send the credential, also when I try ieformsetvalue and set the username wrt username field fetched, it's getting send but my login button remains greyed out. 
      Can angularjs keydown function interfere in the autoit send process and not allow the credentials passed if it's not typed out? This is a general question to understand if javascript or angular js etc could detect if the credentials are automated, then it might not detect it as a keydown? 
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello evrybody
      here is an example about how to split your texts using a delimiter with the ability to select how much of delimiters shows in each colum  with $i_number
      e.g
      you have a long text and you want to split it in an array
      that evry colum have a number (n) of lines
      i made a function that do that for you
      just call it with a three params
      $s_text
      your text
      $i_number
      the number that you want to put in each col
      $s_siparator
      the siparator
      default is "|"
      here is the function with example
      i hope that it will be useful for you

#include <Array.au3> $s_txt = "some text1some text2|some text3|some text4|some text5|some text6" $array = splitText($s_txt, 2) _ArrayDisplay($array) Func splitText($s_text, $i_number, $s_siparator = "|") Local $a_TXT = StringSplit($s_text, $s_siparator) Local $a_Return[$a_TXT[0] + 1] If ($a_TXT[0] <= $i_number) Or ($i_number <= 0) Then ReDim $a_Return[2] $a_Return[0] = 1 $a_Return[1] = $s_text Return $a_Return EndIf Local $i_Processed = 1, $i_arrayProcessed = 1 Do For $i = $i_Processed To ($i_Processed + $i_number) - 1 If ($a_TXT[0] < $i) Then ExitLoop If Not ($a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed]) Then $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] = $a_TXT[$i] Else $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] &= $s_siparator & $a_TXT[$i] EndIf $i_Processed += 1 Next $i_arrayProcessed += 1 Until ($a_TXT[0] < $i_Processed) ReDim $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] $a_Return[0] = $i_arrayProcessed - 1 Return $a_Return EndFunc ;==>splitText
      accept my greetings
      thanks to
      @Dan_555
      for his notes

• By Bhooshan
      I need to mute an ongoing call on Microsoft teams without activating the window. Teams allows us to mute using shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+m but only when the window is active.
      # Used set option as ongoing call can be with any person which leads to change in Title Name.
      AutoItSetOption ( "WinTitleMatchMode", 2 ) 
      # I am not clear with the control ID which will be good to use here and also the key combination of ^M       
      ControlSend ( "Microsoft Teams", "", "[CLASS:Intermediate D3D Window; INSTANCE:1]", "{ctrl down}")

Can anyone help...!!! 

• By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      please i've a question for you.
      am creating a audio player
      and in this audio player i want to show the current trac info
      such as the total time and the position ... etc
      i know i can show it as label
      but the screen reader for the blind read the text every change
      because it have a screen scan
      what i want is to show this informations but such image or icon
      i mean i need to create
      GUICtrlCreatepic or GUICtrlCreateicon ....
      or some thing as that
      and show this informations as image on it
      i think that i can do that with the 
      _GDIPlus functions
      but i couldn't find the currect way to do it
      i tried the _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawString
      but i couldn't know how it work
      what i need is a small example that create a GUI
      and add a multy line text to it as graphic or image.
      so i need a simple way because it will changed every sec
      i hope any one can help me to do that
      global $GUI = GUICreate("text", 400, 400) global $label = GUICtrlCreateLabel(GetText(), 10, 10, 380, 380) GUISetState() do sleep(100) until GUIGetMSG() = -3 exit func GetText() return StringFormat("file name is test.mp3 \r\n total time is 00:30:00 \r\n position is 00:05:50") endFunc  
    • By diff
      Hello,
      still learning and trying to understand AutoIT but having problem in filling my PDF file.

So my code looks like similar to this:
      Global $1 = "text text 44444444" Global $2 = "texting2 texting2" Global $3 = "newtext3 next3" ShellExecute ("C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\myPDF.pdf") WinWaitActive("MyPDF.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC") Send ("{TAB}") ClipPut($1) Send ("^v") Send ("{TAB 3}") ClipPut($2) Send("^v") Send ("{TAB}") ClipPut($3) Send("^v") So its fill my PDF form, the first field looks good, the code add the text text 4444, then second should be $2 with texting2 texting2 but for some reason the code uses for second and third field after TAB only variable $3.
      So, I receive in $2 and $3 for some reason same newtext3 next3 in both, why its skipping the variable $2? Maybe there also much better solution for instant text? Because Send writes with delay by letters which I don't like.
      Thanks!