Sign in to follow this  
trynhyty

FileWrite and delete char

trynhyty

Hi everybody, new here.

I'm messing around with AutoIT since a few days. 

I'm actually doing some experiment on my computer, and want to do a simple textbox on my desk, and when I type some things like "chrome" then click OK or input Enter, it launch chrome.exe

Anyway, I'm storing a historic of my inputs in a txt file. And if I push my BackSpace button, I'd like to make my code delete the last character of the txt file instead of FileWrite ($historic, 'BACKSPACE') .. 

Is there a special character that can delete my last char in the txt file ? I remember doing domething like that in C but it was years ago and I was beginning... 

Thanks for your help ! :)

MikahS

This should help you get started: StringTrimRight

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

trynhyty

This should help you get started: StringTrimRight

Thanks MikahS, 

So, if I understand, I have to read the whole .txt file as a string, remove 1 char from this string, and write the result in the .txt file ? 

MikahS

There are many ways you can go about doing this. I like using the _FileReadToArray, depending on if you have a way to split the lines (otherwise just do FileOpen w/ overwrite, FileRead, StringTrimRight, FileWrite, FileClose), use the count, which would be under index 0, and trim the string as you see fit, then write the array back using _FileWriteFromArray with FileOpen in overwrite mode. 

Let me know if you have any questions, as there is multiple ways of going about achieving what you would like.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• CarlD
      By CarlD
      Is there a reliable way to ensure that data assigned to variables in a script is overwritten or deleted when the script exits? I have scripts that encrypt/decrypt data and would like to ensure, if possible, that the encryption keys and decrypted data do not stay in memory after the script exits. Thanks.
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      My program has to first search for names in Column D that do not match up with column C. I got that search to work using arrays. It was slow and I could not figure out how to delete them so I just manually put coded the names that do not belong. I found their cell location but I do not know how to store that location and delete it.
      This is what I have so far.
      Local $NameToDelete1[6]  = _Excel_RangeFind($OpenWorkbook, "Smith, Bill") _ArrayDisplay($NameToDelete1, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 1", "", 0, "|", "Sheet|Name|Cell|Value|Formula|Comment") _Excel_RangeDelete($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $NameToDelete1[2], $xlShiftUp)  
      Please help, I wanted to have this program done yesterday but I did not see this problem until yesterday. 
    • Bllee
      By Bllee
      every time i press "delete button" delete a line, but i can't add new line with info. the id line write normally but i can't change or add new info
      obs: looking at the "includes" one realizes that already tried of everything that knew
      my code
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GUIListBox.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <GuiListBox.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 612, 480, 192, 154) $MenuItem1 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&Arquivo") $MenuItem2 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Salvar Ctrl+S", $MenuItem1, $SS_CENTER) $MenuItem4 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Carregar Ctrl+O", $MenuItem1, $SS_CENTER) $MenuItem3 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Salvar Como Shitft+Ctrl+S", $MenuItem1, $SS_CENTER) $Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 21, 8, 569, 97, $SS_CENTER) $Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("ID COR", 122, 32, 97, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("REGIÃO", 138, 64, 249, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Input3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Label", 264, 30, 121, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Label", 232, 32, 30, 17, $SS_CENTER) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Capturar Cor", 42, 30, 75, 25, $SS_CENTER) $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Capturar Região", 42, 62, 91, 25, $SS_CENTER) $Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("ADD", 442, 24, 113, 33) $Button5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Delet", 442, 64, 113, 33) $Group2 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Editar ID selecionado", 8, 384, 601, 57, $SS_CENTER) $Input7 = GUICtrlCreateInput("ID", 10, 402, 40,21, $SS_CENTER) $Input4 = GUICtrlCreateInput("COR", 51, 402, 121, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Input5 = GUICtrlCreateInput("REGIÃO", 173, 402, 249, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Input6 = GUICtrlCreateInput("LABEL", 423, 402, 121, 21, $SS_CENTER) $Button4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("\/", 544, 400, 30, 25, $SS_CENTER) $Button6 = GUICtrlCreateButton("/\", 574, 400, 30, 25, $SS_CENTER) ; Add column Global $id = Int(0) $List1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("",5, 120, 601, 253, $SS_CENTER) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($List1, "ID",40) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($List1, "COR",100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($List1, "COORDENADA",305) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($List1, "LABEL",150) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $MenuItem2 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "ctrl + s", "Nothing Here",1) Case $MenuItem3 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "shift+ctrl s", "Nothing Here",1) Case $MenuItem4 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "ctrl + o", "Nothing Here",1) Case $Button1 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Capturar cor", "Aperte espaço para capturar a cor") GUICtrlSetData($Input1,MouseColor()) Case $Button2 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "capturar região", "Aperte espaço para capturar a posição inicial") local $mouse = MouseGetPos() $x_init = $mouse[0] $y_init = $mouse[1] MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "capturar região", "Aperte espaço para capturar a posição final") local $mouse = MouseGetPos() $x_end = $mouse[0] $y_end = $mouse[1] GUICtrlSetData($Input2,$x_init&','&$y_init&' ; '&$x_end&','&$y_end) Case $Button3 _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($List1, $id, 1) ; id _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, $id, GUICtrlRead($Input1), 1, 1) ;cor _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, $id, GUICtrlRead($Input2), 2, 1) ;coordenada _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, $id, GUICtrlRead($Input3), 3, 1) ;label $id= $id + 1 Case $Button4 $Item = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($List1) $Sid = _GUICtrlListView_GetItem($List1, Number($Item),0) $Scor = _GUICtrlListView_GetItem($List1, Number($Item),1) $Scord = _GUICtrlListView_GetItem($List1, Number($Item),2) $Slabel = _GUICtrlListView_GetItem($List1, Number($Item),3) ; get info GUICtrlSetData($Input7,$Sid[3]) GUICtrlSetData($Input4,$Scor[3]) GUICtrlSetData($Input5,$Scord[3]) GUICtrlSetData($Input6,$Slabel[3]) Case $Button5 _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItemsSelected($List1) Case $Button6 ; give back inf if GUICtrlRead($Input7) <> "ID" Then _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($List1, GUICtrlRead($Input4), GUICtrlRead($Input7),1) ;cor _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($List1, GUICtrlRead($Input5), GUICtrlRead($Input7),2) ;coordenada _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($List1, GUICtrlRead($Input6), GUICtrlRead($Input7),3) ;coordenada EndIf EndSwitch WEnd Func MouseColor() local $mouse = MouseGetPos() Return Hex(PixelGetColor($mouse[0],$mouse[1]), 6) EndFunc  
    • Sally1801
      By Sally1801
      Hello,
      i need help in deleting files from a server. The function "_FTP_DirDelete" only deletes a directory when its empty. I need to delete a non empty directory. I also can not delete the files in this directory first, because the files are PAG and DIR files in a .DAV directory and FTPEx.au3 doesnt like a directory starting with a ".".
      Any ideas?
      Thx, Sally
    • wimhek
      By wimhek
      Is it possible , and how can I read and write txt files from Icloud (apple service) ?
      Let me try to explain my application.
      On my Ipad and Iphone I create txt files. On my windows computer it is possible to read and modify these files manually, by logging in on www.icloud.com.
      What I want to make is an auto-it script who reads the txt file and create an new txt file on www.icloud.com,  so I can acces these on my ipad and/or phone.

Thank you.