Sign in to follow this  
kcvinu

How set the Click event for an Edit control

Hi all,

I am playing with an edit control. Koda form designer only gives me the text change event for this edit control. But i want to do some things when user clicks on this edit control. How can i set a mouse click event on this edit control. ?

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Look in the help file under _GUICtrlEdit_Create, the example script demonstrates how to do that.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@KingBob , Thank you for pointing me the right direction. I found it. But i think it is for advanced programmers. The function WM_COMMAND is called without the 4 parameters. Now i am reading about GUIRegisterMsg function. Before starting this post, i had only one problem. that is- how to detect users mouse clicks in an edit control.  And now i had a lot of problems to solve. One is learn about GUIRegisterMsg and WM_COMMAND and find variable for mous click command. Anyway thanks for your support. :)

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

You can look at the link in my signature for the GUIRegisterMsg demo script I wrote, play around with it by adding an edit control to the GUI and see what results you get.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@KingBob OK. thanks Let me read it. 

PS: Oh, you are the creator of SciTE toolbar !!!. I love that stuff. That is a necessary thing for SciTE. Thanks for it. 

My Contributions

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By paw
      I use SetSoundDevice to control my audio devices but the UI was either

blurry like this:
      or unusable like this:

so I made this horrible thing to add scaling to the GUI:
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_HiDpi=y #AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-w 3 -w 4 -w 5 #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y #Au3Stripper_Parameters=/sf /sv /rm #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <File.au3> ;~ _convertGUI("") If $CmdLine[0] <> 0 Then _convertGUI($CmdLine[1]) Func _convertGUI($sFilePath) If $sFilePath <> "" Then Local $aArray = FileReadToArray($sFilePath) Else ;TEST DATA Local $aArray[6] = ['$H_Res_Language = GUICtrlCreateProgress(5, 120, 210 + 25, 480, 20, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_COMBO, $CBS_SIMPLE)) ; $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)', _ 'Local $h_Ok = GUICtrlCreateButton("Ok", 72, 224, 81, 33, 0)', _ 'GUICreate($Warning_TiTle, 700, 310, -1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX + $WS_SYSMENU + $WS_MINIMIZEBOX)', _ 'GUICtrlCreateLabel("Output type: ", 30, 130, 65, 20) ;, $SS_RIGHT)', _ '$H_FieldNameEdit = GUICtrlCreateEdit($INP_FieldNameEdit, 100,260+25, 500, 150 - 25) ;comment', 'Local $H_CANCEL = GUICtrlCreateGraphic("Cancel", 224, 224, 97, 33, 0)'] EndIf Local $hTimer = TimerInit(), $iGUIElementCount = 0, $sResult = "", $sFileName = "", $sDrive = "", $sDir = "", $sExtension = "" If @Compiled Then _PathSplit($sFilePath, $sDrive, $sDir, $sFileName, $sExtension) $sFileName = StringRegExpReplace($sFilePath, "^.*\\", "") EndIf For $i = 0 To (UBound($aArray) - 1) If StringRegExp($aArray[$i], "GUICtrlCreate|GUICreate") Then $sResult = _splitComma($aArray[$i]) If Not @error Then $aArray[$i] = $sResult $iGUIElementCount += 1 EndIf Next ConsoleWrite("t = " & TimerDiff($hTimer) & " GUI elements = " & $iGUIElementCount & " lines = " & (UBound($aArray) - 1) & @CRLF) If $sFileName <> "" Then Local $hFile = FileOpen("edited." & $sFileName, 2) _FileWriteFromArray("edited." & $sFileName, $aArray) FileClose($hFile) EndIf Exit EndFunc ;==>_convertGUI Func _splitComma($sString) Local $sSplitResult = "", $sTrimmedR = "", $sTrimmedL = "" Local $aSplit = StringSplit($sString, ',') If Not @error Then $sTrimmedR = "" $sTrimmedL = "" For $j = 1 To $aSplit[0] If StringRegExp($aSplit[1], "(?:.GUICtrlCreateGraphic|GUICtrlCreateProgress|GUICtrlCreateSlider|GUICtrlCreateTab|GUICtrlCreateTreeView)") Then If $j = 1 Then While StringLeft($aSplit[$j], 1) <> '(' $sTrimmedL &= StringLeft($aSplit[$j], 1) $aSplit[$j] = StringTrimLeft($aSplit[$j], 1) WEnd $aSplit[$j] = StringTrimLeft($aSplit[$j], 1) EndIf EndIf If $j = $aSplit[0] Then While StringRight($aSplit[$j], 1) <> ')' $sTrimmedR &= StringRight($aSplit[$j], 1) $aSplit[$j] = StringTrimRight($aSplit[$j], 1) WEnd $aSplit[$j] = StringTrimRight($aSplit[$j], 1) EndIf If StringRegExp($aSplit[$j], "[0-9]") And $aSplit[$j] <> -1 And $aSplit[$j] <> 0 And $aSplit[$j] <> 1 And Not StringInStr($aSplit[$j], ')') Then If StringRegExp($aSplit[$j], "\-|\+") Then ;put parenthesis around + or - $aSplit[$j] = '(' & $aSplit[$j] & ")*$g_DPI" Else $aSplit[$j] = $aSplit[$j] & "*$g_DPI" EndIf EndIf If $j < $aSplit[0] Then $sSplitResult &= $aSplit[$j] & ',' ElseIf $j = $aSplit[0] Then $sSplitResult &= $aSplit[$j] & ')' Else $sSplitResult &= $aSplit[$j] EndIf Next If $sTrimmedR <> "" Then $sSplitResult &= StringReverse($sTrimmedR) If $sTrimmedL <> "" Then $sSplitResult = $sTrimmedL & '(' & $sSplitResult Else SetError(1) Return EndIf ConsoleWrite($sSplitResult & @CRLF) Return $sSplitResult EndFunc ;==>_splitComma
      And now it looks good: 
      but it doesn't work on everything, for example the "GUICtrlCreateLabel("Output type: ", 30, 130, 65, 20) ;, $SS_RIGHT)" (from the autoit3wrapper gui)
      because the comment contains a parenthesis and it would break completely if there were variables as parameters..
      Is there some kind of parser around that I could use instead or maybe someone who has already done something like this?
    • By tarretarretarre
      About AutoIt-Events
      AutoIt-Events is an event Observer and is a core dependency for Autoit-Socket-IO but can be used for any Autoit project.
      Example
      #include "Event.au3" ; Subscribe listeners _Event_Listen(UserCreatedEvent, SendWelcomeMail) _Event_Listen(UserCreatedEvent, RegisterNewsLetter) ; Fire event _Event(UserCreatedEvent, @UserName, "tarre.islam@gmail.com") Func UserCreatedEvent(Const ByRef $oEvent, $name, $email) ; via $oEvent you can pass data to its listeners $oEvent.add("name", $name) $oEvent.add("email", $email) $oEvent.add("id", 1) EndFunc Func SendWelcomeMail(Const $oEvent) MsgBox(64, "Welcome mail sent", "Welcome mail sent to " & $oEvent.item("name") & " with email " & $oEvent.item("email")) EndFunc Func RegisterNewsLetter(Const $oEvent) MsgBox(64, "News letter registred", "News letter bound to user id " & $oEvent.item("id")) EndFunc  
      The code is also available at Github

Autoit-Events-1.0.0.zip
    • By tarretarretarre
      Version 2.x.x and 3.x.x has been moved to branch 3.x
      About Autoit-Socket-IO
      Autoit-Socket-IO is a event driven TCP/IP wrapper heavily inspired from Socket.IO with focus on user friendliness and long term sustainability.
      I constantly want to make this UDF faster and better, so if you have any suggestions or questions (beginner and advanced) Do not hesitate to ask them, I will gladly help!
      Key features
      Simple API 99% data-type serialization thanks to Autoit-Serialize Can easily be extended with your own functionality thanks to Autoit-Events "Educational" examples Data encryption thanks to _<Crypt.au3> Limitations
      Speed. This UDF will sacrifice some speed for convenience Getting started
      Download the script from AutoIt or pull it from the official github repo git@github.com:tarreislam/Autoit-Socket-IO.git and checkout the tag 4.0.0-beta Check out the documentaion Take a look in the examples/ folder Changelog
      To see changes from 3.x.x and 2.x.x please checkout the 3.x branch
      Version 4.0.0-beta (This update break scripts.)
      Code base fully rewritten with Autoit-Events and decoupled to improve code quality and reduce bloat. The new UDF is very different from 3.x.x so please checkout the UPGRADE guide to fully understand all changes Added new documentation documentaion Success stories
      Since December 2017-now I have used version 1.5.0 in an production environment for 150+ clients with great success, the only downtime is planned windows updates and power outages.

Newest version (2020-09-15!)

Older versions (Not supported anymore)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.0.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.1.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.3.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.4.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.5.0.zip
      Autoit-Socket-IO-2.0.0.zip
    • By TXTechie
      Hello Everyone,
      I've developed my own GUI using AutoIt and I'm allowing users to minimize the GUI, but I also want to include some kind of timer so that it will automatically restore the GUI after something like 30 minutes or an hour. However, I also want them to be able to manually restore the GUI by clicking the application's icon in the taskbar.
      I've searched through the forums, but I'm not sure how to get started.
      Any ideas or functions to research are appreciated!
      Regards,
      TX Techie
    • By Rskm
      Hi, recently i created a GUI for some calculations in AutoIT.  The GUI has 2 tabs and on the first tab, it has few inputboxes where i use to click with mouse and start entering the inputs. i recently made some changes in the position of these textboxes. I made this by changing the autoit code file instead of making changes in KODA. Now i cannot click inside these textboxes with mouse. However, i can use TAB key to cycle through/enter input in these input boxes. what could have made the inputboxes not responding to mouseclicks. thanks