A simple function to print an array in Console

kcvinu

Hi all,

Sometimes we need to know instantly what our array contains. For this, i have made a little function to print your array in console. You may use this function in MsgBox too.

Here is the code.

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.12.0
 Author:         kcvinu

Script Function: Sometimes we need to see what an array or a list contains.
                  And this script will help you to see the all elements without a loop
                  Example : If you have an array like this = Local $MyArray[4] = ['Red','Green','Blue','Yellow']
                            You need to use the fuction like this = PrintList($MyArray)
                            Result : It will print your Array in Console like this
                            [Red,Green,Blue,Yellow]
    Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

Func PrintList($List)
    If IsArray($List) Then
        Local $txt = ""
        For $i = 0 to UBound($List) -1
            $txt = $txt & "," & $List[$i]
        Next
        Local $out = StringMid($txt,2)
        Global $Result = "[" & $out & "]"
        ConsoleWrite($Result)
        Return $Result
    Else
        MsgBox(0, "List Error", "Variable is not an array or a list")
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>PrintList

PrintList.au3

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

You are aware of the _ArrayDisplay command in the UDF section of the Help file?

I don't wish to discourage you on your programming journey, but I suggest you read what I wrote >here.

P.S. Nice to see you coming along with your programming though. :thumbsup:

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

UEZ of the german forum has already created such an UDF to display the content of an array in a formated way on the console.

It works pretty well :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

UEZ of the german forum has already created such an UDF to display the content of an array in a formated way on the console.

It works pretty well :)

It can be found here, too (also a version by gil900): 

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• Moderators

Hi,

And you can even get _ArrayDisplay itself to nicely format the data when copied via the dialog buttons if you set the $vUser_Separator parameter to a numeric value:

#include <Array.au3>

Local $aArray[][] = [["Item 0-0", "Item 0-1"], ["Item 1-0", "Item 1-1"]]

_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "Formatted", Default, Default, 10, "Column 1|Column 2")
Run the script, press the either of the "Copy Data" buttons and paste into the SciTE console to see what I mean. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi all,

I have read your valubale comments. And I have tested the _ArrayDisplay function. I think my function is different from that. Anyway, thanks to those who supported me. :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

I think you should compare your function with the UDF written by UEZ. Both write the content of the array to the console.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi 

water, Yes. 
Spoiler

My Contributions

I made a not so simple, but fairly elegant function to enumerate any size array which also write the contents to the console.  It is in the spoiler section of this post:

It was just a fun exercise.  I can't think of any application/purpose where I would need an array with more than 3 dimensions (I find 2-dimensions to be adequate most of the time), but I wanted to make the func dynamic enough to support whatever I threw at it.