Run binary

trancexx

Really interesting post trancexx!

But beeing able to reach ring 0, by manipulating context structure, sounds too fantastic... Isn't such things protected, atleast on w2k and up?

Thanks for making the CONTEXT struct available on autoit, It makes me remember my days playing around with "debugging" AsProtect...

Thanks also for making this interesting method available!

BUT, I was wondering... This scheme doesn't work if the app we want to run, statically uses other dlls than the dummy of our choice.. right?

We would have to load those dlls and manually fill in IAT...? Would that be enough? Also if dlls conflict they would be rebased...

Maybe we would have to do all IAT for safetys sake...

Realized it is paused before loader does all dll loading mapping for us. >_<

I'm glad I'm on vacation, otherwise I might dive headfirst into this... :(

PS. Speaking of vacation... I was in split last summer. Some hot week! 36-40 degrees in the shade, almost all the time. Also, the nights were wonderful! DS.

/Manko [EDIT: Just to mention, Ive been to split... And I was too hasty about problems with scheme...]

Edited by Manko
Yes i rush things! (I sorta do small bursts inbetween doing nothing.) Things I have rushed and reRushed:* ProDLLer - Process manager - Unload viri modules (dll) and moore...* _WinAPI_ProcessListOWNER_WTS() - Get Processes owner list...* _WinAPI_GetCommandLineFromPID() - Get commandline of target process...* _WinAPI_ThreadsnProcesses() Much info if expanded - optional Indented "Parent/Child"-style Processlist. Moore to come... eventually...

I'm glad I'm on vacation, otherwise I might dive headfirst into this... :(

PS. Speaking of vacation... I was in split last summer. Some hot week! 36-40 degrees in the shade, almost all the time. Also, the nights were wonderful! DS.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same now. My advice is to find some nice beach, get undressed an enjoy.

Nights are made for sin >_< - don't you wonderful to me now :(

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Wow, great work trancexx! Where there's a will there's a way >_

I will show the ultimate (Vista working) solution if you help me take this topic to page 2 >_<

Why then and not now?

This method gives the whole new possibilities to jerks that do malware ( :( ). But fortunately some 1337 haxor is usually just a kid. And kids are known for their impatience. That said I'm expecting that mentioned haxor is not going to read page 2 of this topic because by reading post 1 and scrolling page up and down few times he/she will likely be off of this due to the accumulated boredness.

Anyway, I left more than one clue already on how to do it, so if you figured out wait for page 2 to see if we are on the same wave length.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Anyway, I left more than one clue already on how to do it, so if you figured out wait for page 2 to see if we are on the same wave length.

lol, I don't think you and I ever will be on the same wave length. But as for the 'impatient hax0r' haha, you don't think they'd perhaps see the mention of a 2nd page? (hmm... guess there's the option to edit posts..).

someone's been using a thesaurus..

someone's been using a thesaurus..

Are you saying that I'm smoking pot (marijuana, grass, weed)?!?

...see how I used etymology to conclude that >_<

Anyways, enough small talk, it's not productive.

edit: missing word :(

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Educational, brilliant and absolutely fantastic as usual trancexx.

What happens when the exe that is being run from memory has completely different dependency and stuff? Say for example that the exe has some function from lets say advapi32 in it's IAT and the startup exe doesn't, wouldn't that screw up execution? What about resources.

Oh and btw which forum setting are you using, hopefully you are using the standard setting so we don't have to wait too long for the complete solution >_<

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Educational, brilliant and absolutely fantastic as usual trancexx.

What happens when the exe that is being run from memory has completely different dependency and stuff? Say for example that the exe has some function from lets say advapi32 in it's IAT and the startup exe doesn't, wouldn't that screw up execution? What about resources.

Oh and btw which forum setting are you using, hopefully you are using the standard setting so we don't have to wait too long for the complete solution >_<

Hey, nice to see you. Hope your batteries are charged.

I see you are on Vista. There is no problem about running anything. All should work. Except, of course, if some particular OS is targeted when compiling (function not existing before maybe) and run on system without that function. But that's more general problem.

All sections are written - the clone is made. That includes resources section as well.

That also means that even compressed modules (any method or tool) plays.

20 posts per page, that's my setting lol

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

im just trying to enhance the post count by one, just to see what is on page "10" >_

$a=StringSplit("547275737420796F757220546563686E6F6C75737421","")
For $b=1 To UBound($a)+(-1*-1*-1)step(2^4/8);&$b+=1*2/40*µ&Asc(4)
Assign("c",Eval("c")&Chr(Dec($a[$b]&$a[$b+1])));''Chr("a")&"HI"
Next ;time_U&r34d,ths,U-may=get$the&c.l.u.e;b3st-regards,JRSmile;
MsgBox(0x000000,"",Eval("c"));PiEs:d0nt+*b3.s4d.4ft3r.1st-try:-)

rofl. This is all very ridiculous. And what is everyone gonna replace their comments with when it finally does 'rolllover' to the 2nd page? Perhaps we can discuss the state of the economy.

Hey, nice to see you. Hope your batteries are charged.

Heh, you noticed :( And yes, ready to do wonders and such!

20 posts per page, that's my setting lol

Puh. I have it on 40.

Anyways, solving it for Vista is simple. So for anyone very curious read this and remember that address randomization is a link-time option (Hope this won't violate your "loosing kiddies idea" >_< )

Edit: Fixed terminology

Edited by monoceres

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

I replace the path with @SystemDir & "\calc.exe" and then to run from memory and I get error number 3.

Global $sModule = "E:\Program files\GUIDGen\GUIDGEN.EXE"

Unfortunately many windows apps run at base 0x10000000 instead of 0x40000000. In this case, therefore, there is an obvious incompatibility. It can be worked around, I'm sure, but I'm too lazy... Vacation and all...

/Manko

Yes i rush things! (I sorta do small bursts inbetween doing nothing.) Things I have rushed and reRushed:* ProDLLer - Process manager - Unload viri modules (dll) and moore...* _WinAPI_ProcessListOWNER_WTS() - Get Processes owner list...* _WinAPI_GetCommandLineFromPID() - Get commandline of target process...* _WinAPI_ThreadsnProcesses() Much info if expanded - optional Indented "Parent/Child"-style Processlist. Moore to come... eventually...

General failure will be if the size of the new exe is bigger than AutoIt's size. That would require allocating more memory to work (I'm not doing that

That being the size of the executable that is running the other? In that case, wouldn't be easy to just add an Install() of a few sizable files to eliminate the problem?

Error 3 is pre-execution error. It's indicating that MS-DOS header is missing or is messed up.

@Andreik, deal with it. It's a banal thing.

I don't understand yet all things from your UDF. From all the executables that I tried to run from memory just one of them was succesfully, for others I got errors like 3,6,7.

Anyway I like your UDF and examples, all work fine. >_<

When the words fail... music speaks.