Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ascend4nt

File(s) Drag & Drop

10 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Send "Drag & Drop File(s)" Message

I was looking for this functionality before, and couldn't figure out the correct method for using the WM_DROPFILES message. Thankfully today I came across the thread ' and found working, but flawed, code for doing exactly this. Specifically, (his 'DoDragDrop' function).

I cleaned up the code, added error checking, Unicode & x64 support, and fixed the Global memory management issues. The result is down below.

Also, see ProgAndy's COM implementation of Drag&Drop: '

Another good reference, besides those in the thread above, is this article at CodeProject: 'How to Implement Drag and Drop Between Your Program and Explorer'

Examples of usage:

TeraCopy

_FileDragDrop(WinGetHandle("[REGEXPTITLE:TeraCopy.*]"),@ScriptFullPath&'|'&@AutoItExe)

Notepad++:

$hNPPlus=WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Notepad++]")
$aNPPPos=WinGetPos($hNPPlus)
;~ WinActivate($hNotePad)
$sProgramFiles=@ProgramFilesDir
If @AutoItX64 Then $sProgramFiles&=' (x86)'
$iRet=_FileDragDrop($hNPPlus,@ScriptFullPath&'|'&$sProgramFiles&"\AutoIt3\Include\Memory.au3",$aNPPPos[2]/2,$aNPPPos[3]/2)
ConsoleWrite("Return: "&$iRet&" @error="&@error&", @extended="&@extended&@CRLF)

Be sure to credit the original authors, or leave the headers intact, if you use the code :graduated:

*edit: for some friggin reason I can't post the code in the post - I get a 'You must enter a post' error message - wtf. Attaching it for now..

UPDATES:

2010-12-4 (yup, today!):

• Fixed ANSI implementation
  • Changed Memory allocation type to 'Fixed' (thanks trancexx)
  • Added X, Y position parameters - actually needed for some programs (Notepad++ for example)

_FileDragDrop.au3

Edited by Ascend4nt

Both ways, KaFu. Maybe there's some formatting in the script that the forum doesn't recognize? *shrug*

Thanks. As far as I can recall, TeraCopy was the only program I needed this for a while back. I think there were other types of Drag-and-Drop messages I wanted to use also, but can't recall for what.

Oh, and for anyone that is curious - no, this doesn't seem to work for Explorer windows, but then that's more of a job for FileCopy().

It's nice.

Btw, is there any particular reason for allocating movable memory?

Fixed memory would result in shorter (safer) code.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

trancexx,

For some odd reason I thought it needed a handle to a Global Memory object, but after some tests, it seems it works fine with a pointer instead. Thanks for the help. Updated the post with the new changes, plus ANSI fixes.

UPDATES:

2010-12-4:

• Fixed ANSI implementation
  • Changed Memory allocation type to 'Fixed' (thanks trancexx)
  • Added X, Y position parameters - actually needed for some programs (Notepad++ for example)
[*edit: added X,Y..] Edited by Ascend4nt

I'm sorry but I need to push this thread ..
The UDF works fine on most of the programs. But I'm having a hard time getting it to work with Internet Explorer. There are certain websites which accept files to be dragged and dropped into them. For example http://www.mapshaper.org/
I want to add a file using this UDF but I just can't get it to work .. I tried with and without coordinates etc. but still no luck. Googling and using the search function won't help me either ..

Do you guys know how to get this to run? :)

#10 ·  Posted

I'm trying to use this UDF for transferring files from my GUI and its work if target is Notepad (notepad displays text from file), but if target is windows explorer nothing happens - there are no errors, file just wont get copied to folder in the explorer right pane. Is there a something wrong with the code?

Global $b___DraggingInProcess = False, $sFullpathToSomeFile = @TempDir "\qqq.txt"

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
;GUI Loop :

Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP
        If $b___DraggingInProcess Then
        $b___DraggingInProcess = False
        If FileExists($sFullpathToSomeFile) Then
            Local $tPointStruct = _WinAPI_GetMousePos ()
            Local $hWndDragDropTarget = _WinAPI_WindowFromPoint($tPointStruct)

Local $aWindows = _WinAPI_EnumWindows()
            For $i = 1 To $aWindows[0][0]
                If _WinAPI_IsChild ($hWndDragDropTarget, $aWindows[$i][0] ) Then
                    $hWndDragDropTarget = $aWindows[$i][0]
                    ConsoleWrite(WinGetTitle($hWndDragDropTarget) & " --> "&$hWndDragDropTarget & @CRLF)
                EndIf
            Next

$tPointStruct = _WinAPI_GetMousePos (True, $hWndDragDropTarget)
            _FileDragDrop($hWndDragDropTarget,$sFullpathToSomeFile,DllStructGetData($tPointStruct, "x"),DllStructGetData($tPointStruct, "y"))
            ConsoleWrite("@error = "&@error & @CRLF)
        EndIf
    EndIf
;WM_NOTIFY function :

Case $LVN_BEGINDRAG
        If FileExists($sFullpathToSomeFile) Then
            $b___DraggingInProcess = True
        EndIF

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• 5ervant
      By 5ervant
      What's the best way to receive file from a desktop app?
      app.exe will execute a cmd with "au3file.exe /path/of/the/file.xml" and the au3file.exe will get and delete that. Or else? THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE QUESTION
      And best way to transfer file to a desktop app?
      au3file.exe do a $_POST request and the app.exe MUST HAVE a local HTTP server that can receive $_POST, but it looks heavy 'cause the app must have a server such XAMPP. au3file.exe execute a cmd with "app.exe /path/of/the/file.xml" and the app.exe will now get that file and delete. Or else?  
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I'm working on this little project for a week, and, what I'm trying to do could be useful for many users as well...
      I'm trying to do a "Report Generator", which reads the data that have to report from a text file (.txt) formatted with this pattern;
      Data1;Data2;Data3;Data4;Data5;;

YES, there are 2 semi-colon at the end of the line.

In detail, Data1 is a date/time stamp with this format: YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS ;

When the script starts, the user is prompted to choose 2 dates which I'll call as:
      Report_Date_Start; Report_Date_Start. So, the report, should cover all dates between Report_Date_Start AND Report_Date_End.

And, already at this point, I don't know how to do the query... How can I say to the script:
      SELECT * FROM (.txt) WHERE Data1 BETWEEN Report_Date_Start AND Report_Date_End; ?

I thought that I could do a _DateDiff, but if the difference between the two dates is months and not days, how can I do the trick?
      Should I make a Switch...Case with the _DateDiff() and see then calculate all the dates between Report_Date_Start AND Report_Date_End... But then, how can I compare the dates in the file with all the dates between Report_Date_Start AND Report_Date_End? I'm going crazy, I know...

I've already made a "Export Tool", which exports the content of the .txt file in a .db, managed with SQLite... I mean, there I could easily do a query like I did above the thread, but, this "export", for 1080 rows, takes 28 seconds to be done. And, 1080 rows are daily rows that are added every day in the .txt file, so, in a week, the file could be easily 7000+ rows, which means that the "export" would take 3 minutes to be done... And we can go over and over...
      I'll post just for be "complete" what I've done about the export, so, maybe, someone could say how to improve it in terms of efficency...

Local $aContenutoFileAuditReport = "" _FileReadToArray($sFileAudit_Report, $aContenutoFileAuditReport) If(IsArray($aContenutoFileAuditReport) And Not @error) Then Local $aContenutoFileAuditReport_Splitted = "" Local $sQuery = "" Local $hInizioConteggio = TimerInit() For $i = 1 To UBound($aContenutoFileAuditReport) - 1 $aContenutoFileAuditReport_Splitted = StringSplit($aContenutoFileAuditReport[$i], ";") $sQuery = "INSERT INTO FileDB_Report(DATESTAMP, TIMESTAMP, USER_ID, OBJECT_ID, DESCRIPTION, COMMENT) " & _ "VALUES(" & _ _SQLite_FastEscape($aContenutoFileAuditReport_Splitted[0]) & "," & _ _SQLite_FastEscape($aContenutoFileAuditReport_Splitted[1]) & "," & _ _SQLite_FastEscape($aContenutoFileAuditReport_Splitted[3]) & "," & _ _SQLite_FastEscape($aContenutoFileAuditReport_Splitted[4]) & "," & _ _SQLite_FastEscape($aContenutoFileAuditReport_Splitted[5]) & "," & _ _SQLite_FastEscape($aContenutoFileAuditReport_Splitted[6]) & ");" If(_SQLite_Exec($hFileDB_Report, $sQuery) <> $SQLITE_OK) Then ConsoleWrite("Errore durante l'esecuzione della query #" & $i & @CRLF) Else ConsoleWrite("Query eseguita correttamente #" & $i & @CRLF) EndIf Next ConsoleWrite("Esportazione completata in: " & Round(TimerDiff($hInizioConteggio)/1000, 0) & " secondi") Else MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante la lettura del file nell'array." & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error) EndIf I know that I can't do queries from a .txt file...
      [19:18] 
      I've been writing this post from 18:40 maybe...
      By the way, if @jchd or someone else could tell me if I can import a formatted .txt file in SQLite and then, do queries on the DB, I'd be very happy for that...
      About the report in PDF, I'm talking with @taietel in order to know how to create a PDF.
      I hope someone will help me
      Sorry for the "long" list of questions...
      Thank you for everything you've done for me
      I have to say that this is the community of programming language that I've loved most!
      By the way, I'll be back tomorrow in the morning ( ~ 9:15 a.m. Italian time ), so, excuse me if I can't answer before that time.
      Hope you guys have a wonderful day/night.

Thanks again

Francesco
    • ur
      By ur
      We can get a list of file using the below code.
      Local $aFileList = _FileListToArray(@DesktopDir, "*") Is there any option to use the above one recursively to get sub folders and their contents also.??
      And also, is there any way to serialize the above array locally to some file and load it later when we want in another program on another machine so that we can compare its contents with a folder in different machine, which is not network connected also.?
    • ur
      By ur
      Hi,

I have a property file format configuration file for our project.
      The sample file is as below.
      BuildLocation:C:\Build BuildExe:erwin Data Modeler r9.7 (64-bit)_2378.exe Release:r9.64.02 Silent:No InstallPath:default Compare :No MartUpgrade :Yes Bit:64 ERwinUpgrade:No License_File:150416-1952 Navigator (ca.com).lic To read this file, I am using below code.
      Func readConfig($sFilePath,$intStartCode) ;Usage: MsgBox(0,"Silent",readConfig(@ScriptDir&"\Config.txt","Silbent")) ;$sReplaceText = "Mani Prakash" ;$sFilePath = "C:\Users\KIRUD01\Desktop\Config.txt" ;$intStartCode = "BuildExe" $arrRetArray = "" $s = _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $arrRetArray);Reading text file and saving it to array $s will show status of reading file.. For $i = 1 To UBound($arrRetArray)-1 $line = $arrRetArray[$i];retrieves taskengine text line by line If StringInStr($line, $intStartCode) Then ConsoleWrite ("Starting point "& $line & @CRLF) return StringStripWS(StringSplit($line,":")[2],$STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING ) EndIf if $i = UBound($arrRetArray)-1 then return "Not Found" Next EndFunc The above code is working to read the particular key value.
      But problem is , if I try to read the key "Bit" it is giving the value of key "BuildExe" as the line contains the word "bit"..
      Can you suggest how to do this. 

If possible I need to fix writeConfig also.

Func writeConfig($sFilePath,$intStartCode,$sReplaceText) ;$sReplaceText = "Mani Prakash" ;$sFilePath = "C:\Users\KIRUD01\Desktop\Config.txt" ;$intStartCode = "BuildExe" $arrRetArray = "" $s = _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $arrRetArray);Reading text file and saving it to array $s will show status of reading file.. $intStartingPointFound = 0 For $i = 1 To UBound($arrRetArray)-1 $line = $arrRetArray[$i];retrieves taskengine text line by line If StringInStr($line, $intStartCode) Then $intStartingPointFound = 1;if found the starting point of the module to copy then set this variable to 1 ConsoleWrite ("Starting point " & @CRLF) $arrRetArray[$i] = $intStartCode & ": " & $sReplaceText ExitLoop EndIf if $i = UBound($arrRetArray)-1 then ConsoleWrite("Not Found" & @CRLF) Next _FileWriteFromArray ($sFilePath, $arrRetArray,1) EndFunc  
    • virhonestum
      By virhonestum
      Hey,
      I've coma accross a very odd problem. I want to download a CSV-File, and process the contents.
      This is the extremely simplyfied AutoIT-Code, given the file is already downloaded:
      $f= @ScriptDir & "\TestFile.csv" $file = FileOpen($f,0) Local $line = FileReadLine($file) MsgBox(0,"",$line) The downloaded CSV file I want to process contains something like this:
      Artikelnummer;EAN-Code;Artikelname;Artikelgewicht;Beschreibung;Kurzbeschreibung;Eigenschaften;Technische-Daten;Bild1;Bild2;Bild3;Bild4;Bild5;Bild6;Bild7;Bild8;Lieferbar;"Lieferbar Ab";Versandzeit;"UVP-Preis inkl. MwSt.";"Preis1";"Preis2";Hersteller L7335272;5420025602129; Mini Light XLR ;0.1000; JB Systems Schwanenhalsleuchte mit XLR Anschluss. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20070114153500a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;12,90;12,90;6,57; JB Systems L3320502;540207025601636; Mini Light LED BNC ;0.1000; JB Systems LED Schwanenhalsleuchte mit BNC Anschluss. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20061231171705a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;29,90;25,89;15,26; JB Systems L1332254;542002556023143; Mini Light LED XLR ;0.1000; JB Systems LED Schwanenhalsleuchte mit XLR Anschluss. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20061231171728a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;29,90;25,89;15,26; JB Systems L8302591;504200256280277; Spiegelkugel 10cm ;0.5000; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 10cm Durchmesser mit einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324214825a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;5,50;4,90;2,81; JB Systems L7302932;542000256510222; Spiegelkugel 20cm ;0.8400; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 20cm Durchmesser mit einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324214907a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;12,90;11,50;6,58; JB Systems L2350293;534200562064239; Spiegelkugel 30cm ;2.1300; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 30 cm Durchmesser mit einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324214956a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;26,90;23,00;13,72; JB Systems L3302984;545200252024246; Spiegelkugel 40cm ;3.5000; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 40cm Durchmesser mit Sicherungsring und einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324215050a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;54,90;49,00;28,00; JB Systems L9302495;542205056225600; Spiegelkugel 50cm ;5.3900; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 50cm Durchmesser mit Sicherungsring und einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324215122a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;89,00;79,00;45,39; JB Systems But the message box that pops up after FileReadLine contains this:
      䅲瑩步汮畭浥爻䕁中䍯摥㭁牴楫敬湡浥㭁牴楫敬来睩捨琻䉥獣桲敩扵湧㭋畲穢敳捨牥楢畮朻䕩来湳捨慦瑥渻呥捨湩獣桥ⵄ慴敮㭂楬搱㭂楬搲㭂楬搳㭂楬搴㭂楬搵㭂楬搶㭂楬搷㭂楬搸㭌楥晥牢慲㬢䱩敦敲扡爠䅢∻噥牳慮摺敩琻≕噐ⵐ牥楳⁩湫氮⁍睓琮∻≐牥楳ㄢ㬢偲敩猲∻䡥牳瑥汬敲ੌ㜳㌵㈷㈻㔴㈰〲㔶〲ㄲ㤻M楮椠䱩杨琠塌刀㬰⸱〰〻J䈠卹獴敭猠卣桷慮敮桡汳汥畣桴攠浩琠塌删䅮獣桬畳献;㬻㭨瑴瀺⼯睷眮數慭灬攮捯洯浥摩愯業慧敳⽯牧⽰楣㈰〷〱ㄴㄵ㌵〰愮橰朻㬻㬻㬻㭊䄻㬀ㄭ㌠呡来;ㄲⰹ〻ㄲⰹ〻㘬㔷㬀䩂⁓祳瑥浳 I've attached both files I use. 
      My guess is, that there's something wrong with the encoding, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Thank you very much for your help
      - virhonestum
      Encodingtester.au3
      TestFile.csv