Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ascend4nt

File(s) Drag & Drop

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Send "Drag & Drop File(s)" Message

I was looking for this functionality before, and couldn't figure out the correct method for using the WM_DROPFILES message. Thankfully today I came across the thread ' and found working, but flawed, code for doing exactly this. Specifically, (his 'DoDragDrop' function).

I cleaned up the code, added error checking, Unicode & x64 support, and fixed the Global memory management issues. The result is down below.

Also, see ProgAndy's COM implementation of Drag&Drop: '

Another good reference, besides those in the thread above, is this article at CodeProject: 'How to Implement Drag and Drop Between Your Program and Explorer'

Examples of usage:

TeraCopy

_FileDragDrop(WinGetHandle("[REGEXPTITLE:TeraCopy.*]"),@ScriptFullPath&'|'&@AutoItExe)

Notepad++:

$hNPPlus=WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Notepad++]")
$aNPPPos=WinGetPos($hNPPlus)
;~ WinActivate($hNotePad)
$sProgramFiles=@ProgramFilesDir
If @AutoItX64 Then $sProgramFiles&=' (x86)'
$iRet=_FileDragDrop($hNPPlus,@ScriptFullPath&'|'&$sProgramFiles&"\AutoIt3\Include\Memory.au3",$aNPPPos[2]/2,$aNPPPos[3]/2)
ConsoleWrite("Return: "&$iRet&" @error="&@error&", @extended="&@extended&@CRLF)

Be sure to credit the original authors, or leave the headers intact, if you use the code :graduated:

*edit: for some friggin reason I can't post the code in the post - I get a 'You must enter a post' error message - wtf. Attaching it for now..

UPDATES:

2010-12-4 (yup, today!):

• Fixed ANSI implementation
  • Changed Memory allocation type to 'Fixed' (thanks trancexx)
  • Added X, Y position parameters - actually needed for some programs (Notepad++ for example)

_FileDragDrop.au3

Edited by Ascend4nt

Both ways, KaFu. Maybe there's some formatting in the script that the forum doesn't recognize? *shrug*

Thanks. As far as I can recall, TeraCopy was the only program I needed this for a while back. I think there were other types of Drag-and-Drop messages I wanted to use also, but can't recall for what.

Oh, and for anyone that is curious - no, this doesn't seem to work for Explorer windows, but then that's more of a job for FileCopy().

It's nice.

Btw, is there any particular reason for allocating movable memory?

Fixed memory would result in shorter (safer) code.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

trancexx,

For some odd reason I thought it needed a handle to a Global Memory object, but after some tests, it seems it works fine with a pointer instead. Thanks for the help. Updated the post with the new changes, plus ANSI fixes.

UPDATES:

2010-12-4:

• Fixed ANSI implementation
  • Changed Memory allocation type to 'Fixed' (thanks trancexx)
  • Added X, Y position parameters - actually needed for some programs (Notepad++ for example)
[*edit: added X,Y..] Edited by Ascend4nt

#9 ·  Posted

I'm sorry but I need to push this thread ..
The UDF works fine on most of the programs. But I'm having a hard time getting it to work with Internet Explorer. There are certain websites which accept files to be dragged and dropped into them. For example http://www.mapshaper.org/
I want to add a file using this UDF but I just can't get it to work .. I tried with and without coordinates etc. but still no luck. Googling and using the search function won't help me either ..

Do you guys know how to get this to run? :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Jdr
      More reliable check for file
      By Jdr
      I'm trying to check for the existance of a file, on logon the file is there, then gets deleted and after a while recreated. I'm using this code:
      Sleep(100) If not FileExists($sFile) Then Sleep(150) If FileExists($sFile) Then GUICtrlSendToDummy($iDummy) What happens is this: 
      User logs on, the file is present, or at least it usually is After about 10 seconds the file gets deleted Then after about 50 seconds the file gets created again, this is when I need the check, because now the process is finished. The above code is part of a pretty long do....until false loop running an animation.
      The problem is that sometimes this code fails. Without the sleep statements it didn't work at all so I think this is a timing issue. Pretty primitive code I admit, there must be a better way...

• cherrylatte
      running files in order
      By cherrylatte
      hi
      I'm trying to execute files 
      I want it to run in order.
      for instance, if there's folder like below, I want to run 1.exe > 2.exe > 3.exe
      root folder
        |___folder 1 > 1.exe
        |___folder2 > 2.exe
        |___folder3 > 3.exe

What I did to do the above, was to make a text file that contains the path to each of those files and put those in array form.
      but copying and pasting every path of those files into a text file is very exhausting thing to do when there's like hundreds of files to execute.
      So I was wondering if there is a simple way to run those files.
      I'd be thankful if anybody answers it. 

• digitalexpl0it
      Help with Nested For loop
      By digitalexpl0it
      Hello,

I am trying to updated a autoit app that moves files from one location to another. What Ia m trying to do is exclude specified sub directories from being moved/copied or files within the sub-folders
      As of now the code doesn't want to execute the nested for loop 

Global $szDrive, $szDir, $szFName, $szExt Global $File = "*" func File_mover($Src,$File,$Dst) ; GET DIRECTORY EXCLUDES ; ###################### ; Create blank 2 dem array Local $ExArray[0][1] ; load ini file Local Const $sFilePath = "exclude.ini" ; Check to see if ini exists Local $iFileExists = FileExists($sFilePath) ; If the INI file is not found, output error message If not $iFileExists Then msgbox(0,"Oh NO!", $sFilePath & " not found!") endif ; Read ini file Local $aArray = IniReadSection($sFilePath, "test") ; Start the array loop If Not @error Then for $i = 1 to $aArray[0][0] ; Add Ini values into array _ArrayAdd($ExArray, $aArray[$i][1]) next endif ; Display array ;_ArrayDisplay($ExArray, "test Label") ProgressOn("Moving Scanned File(s)", "Moving scans into citrix...", "0%") $aFiles = _FileListToArray3($Src, $File, 1, 1, 0, 0) For $i = 1 To $aFiles[0] call("_PathSplit",$aFiles[$i], $szDrive, $szDir, $szFName, $szExt) $SrcFile = $Src & "\" & $szDrive & $szDir & $szFName & $szExt $DstFile = $Dst & "\" & $szDir & $szFName & $szExt $NumFiles = DirGetSize($Src,1) ; If File Exsists copy and rename file If FileExists($DstFile) Then $DstFile = call("_IfIdenticalIncrement", $SrcFile, $DstFile) If $DstFile <> "" Then For $ii = $NumFiles[1] To 100 Step 10 ProgressSet($ii, $ii & "%","Moving Files...") ; Move Scans ; List Dir in srouce dir $dirEx = _FileListToArray($Src,"*",2) If UBound($dirEx) > 1 Then ; Look in the dir list array For $dir In $dirEx ; Find and compaire dir in exclude array For $exclude In $ExArray If ($dir = $exclude) Then ; if exclude dir found go to top loop and skip ContinueLoop 2 EndIf Next FileMove($SrcFile, $DstFile, 8) Next endif Sleep(100) Next EndIf ; File doesnt exists so copy the file over Else For $ii = $NumFiles[1] To 100 Step 10 ProgressSet($ii, $ii & "%","Moving Files...") ; Move Scans ; List Dir in srouce dir $dirEx = _FileListToArray($Src,"*",2) If UBound($dirEx) > 1 Then ; Look in the dir list array For $dir In $dirEx ; Find and compaire dir in exclude array For $exclude In $ExArray If ($dir = $exclude) Then ; if exclude dir found go to top loop and skip ContinueLoop 2 EndIf Next FileMove($SrcFile, $DstFile, 8) Next endif Sleep(100) next EndIf ProgressSet(100, "Scans Moved...Successfully!", "Done!") sleep(2000) ProgressOff() Next endfunc Func _IfIdenticalIncrement($vSrcFile, $vDstFile) Local $Count = 0 ; Get the modified date of the source file. $ScrVer = FileGetTime($vSrcFile, 0, 1) ; To get all elemnt of the distination file (in plan to add incremental number). call("_PathSplit",$vDstFile, $szDrive, $szDir, $szFName, $szExt) ; Loop to increment the name of the file. While FileExists($vDstFile) $Count += 1 $vDstFile = $szDrive & $szDir & $szFName & "(" & $Count & ")" & $szExt WEnd ; If file(1), it assume that is the first copy. If $Count = 1 Then Return $vDstFile ; If file(x-1) is identical then assume the file is already duplicated. ElseIf $ScrVer = FileGetTime($szDrive & $szDir & $szFName & "(" & $Count - 1 & ")" & $szExt, 0, 1) Then Return "" ; Else assume it is a new version. Else Return $vDstFile EndIf EndFunc ;==>_IfIdenticalIncrement  

This part is skipped and not sure why

For $exclude In $ExArray If ($dir = $exclude) Then ; if exclude dir found go to top loop and skip ContinueLoop 2 EndIf Next INI file is this

[test] EXCLUDE1=test1 EXCLUDE2=test2 EXCLUDE3=test3  
    • Razraal
      Save/Load (new format?)
      By Razraal
      Hey there folks!
      Task:
      I have an array of DllStructs, created with the function DllStructCreate. Let's call the array $structs. This $structs contains important information for the program. I want to save my  $structs variable for future use in a file (i.e.: the user closes the program, opens it again and has the option to load a file). I want to load files which contain a $structs variable, and let the program work with this "loaded" variable. Questions:
      Since I have never done such a thing (saving/loading a file, possibly in a different format from txt or ini), I'd like to know:
      Is this possible? Is my only option to save my $structs in text format? That would require a function which receives a file and interprets the text it has, creating a new $structs with the info it's getting from the file. (I think this could lead to trouble) I'm worried about security. Since the program will be loading files, I don't want it to crash because the user decided to give it modified files. Is it possible to create a file that's readonly for the user? That would prevent some tampering with the file. From what I've been reading, I have several functions available for File management, namely FileOpen, FileRead and FileWrite. In a first glance, these appear to be the only functions I need. Do I need more?  
      Thank you for your time!
      Cheers!
    • Jcreator
      this script keeps having contradicting loop
      By Jcreator
      i used this code to take names for a text file called data and put the info of the image and it location from the data file into the gui interface but it only detect the lines with the info and it do not show the images . here is the code 
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <AVIConstants.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiComboBox.au3> #include <GuiTab.au3> #include <file.au3> #include <array.au3> _Main() Func _Main() Local $idTab1 $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 500, 334, 240, 182) $Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Group1", 20, 12, 249, 314) $idButton6 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Info", 50, 270, 185, 49) GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Global $fileMPA = "C:\T-in\MPA\data.txt" FileOpen($fileMPA, 0)    Global $line1 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , 1) $imp = 0 $idTab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(300, -3, 180, 330) GUICtrlCreateTabItem("imglist1") GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region TAB1') GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region LIST') Local $imglist1 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 307, 26, 164, 304) $cline =_FileCountLines($fileMPA)  While  $imp < $cline $line2 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , $imp + 2)  $imp = $imp + 7 if $line2 = ""  then     ExitLoop    else  GUICtrlSetData(-1, ""& $line2 &"", "")  endif WEnd GUICtrlCreateTabItem("imagelist2") GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region TAB2') GUICtrlCreateTabItem("imagelist3") GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region TAB3') While 1     $Msg = GUIGetMsg()     Select         Case $Msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE             Exit             Global $whatnow = GUICtrlRead($imglist1) Case $Msg = $idButton6             $imp2 = 0              While  $imp2 < 30 $line2 = FileReadLine($fileMPA ,$imp2 + 2) $line3 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , $imp2 + 3) $line7 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , 7)  $imp2 = $imp2 + 7 if $line2 = ""  then  ExitLoop             If GUICtrlRead($imglist1) = ""& $line2 &""  Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "img info" , $line3)                WEnd             EndSelect $imp2 = 0              While  $imp2 < 30 $line2 = FileReadLine($fileMPA ,$imp2 + 2) $line3 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , $imp2 + 3) $line7 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , 7)  $imp2 = $imp2 + 7     Select Case GUICtrlRead($imglist1) = ""& $line2 &"" if $line2 = "" then ExitLoop     $Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic(""& $line7 &"", 185, 28, 233, 230) If GUICtrlRead($imglist1) then  ExitLoop EndSelect WEnd     WEnd  EndFunc   ;==>_Main the data.txt file content is 
      Hibiscus Hibiscus is a hardy perennial which grows in variety of colors, sizes and fragrances. Actually they are tropical flowers which require ample sunlight and moisture to grow well. These flowers start blooming in late spring and continuously bloom through July and August. C:\T-in\IMG\2.jpg Lilies There are different types of lily flowers which bloom in August including water lilies, tiger lilies and gold band lilies. Tiger lilies generate orange flowers having black spots. This lily blooms in delayed July and beginning of August. Gold band lily produce exotic white blooms. All varieties of lilies need enough space to grow and protection from summer sun. C:\T-in\IMG\1.jpg Turtlehead Growing in humid areas, turtleheads are small flowers which bloom from July to September. They mostly produce flowers of white and pink color. C:\T-in\IMG\3.jpg Hydrangea These are ever green bushes which produce flowers in different colors including white, purple, blue and pink. They are easy to grow bushes and can grow 3 to 10 feet tall. They require morning sun to grow but they should be protected from noon and afternoon sun. C:\T-in\IMG\4.jpg Dahlias August proves to be the peak blooming season for dahlias. Dahlias come in colors like white, orange, yellow, red and purple. They can tolerate all types of soil and require full sun to grow.