Sign in to follow this  

Atom Table Functions (Local + Global Atoms)

Atom Table UDF

Local and Global Atom Table

Since I've had this collecting dust on my computer, I figured I'd release it to see if anyone can find some use for it.

About Atom Tables - MSDN

Example Global Atom Table Listing

Basically, a bunch of strings can be stored locally (at program level) or globally (at O/S level) with unique numerical identifiers. This UDF lets you add, find, delete, and query these atoms.

Description from the top of the AtomFunctions UDF:

Functions for accesing Local and Global Atom Tables, which contain strings up to 255 characters long

The Atom tables are used for multiple types of Windows data including Window Classes (RegisterClass/Ex), Clipboard formats (RegisterClipboardFormat), Hotkeys (RegisterHotKey), and Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) which is a form of interprocess communication. (Some of the above may use a Local rather than the Global Atom table)

Other uses can include storing program strings to lookup by a 16-bit value and interprocess communication

"RegisterHotKey function" @ MSDN states this:

"An application must specify an id value in the range 0x0000 through 0xBFFF.

A shared DLL must specify a value in the range 0xC000 through 0xFFFF

(the range returned by the GlobalAddAtom function).

To avoid conflicts with hot-key identifiers defined by other shared DLLs,

a DLL should use the GlobalAddAtom function to obtain the hot-key identifier."

Kernel Note: The Atom Table is a separate entity from Kernel Objects like Events, Mutexes, Files, etc.  However, the Atom Table is (separately) accessible from within the Kernel, so its like a Kernish object?

Notes on Atom Tables:

• Stringlimit is 255 characters NOT including a null-terminator. This is unfortunately not   enough for a MAX_PATH string, which is 259+null-term. However, stripping off root-drive prefix get you within 1 character of the length (259 - 3 ["C:"] = 256] which may be enough - but using IPC, one can store 4 - 6 (8-12 in x64) extra chars in wParam/lParam..   See <AtomExample_IPC.au3> for an implementation of this

• There is both a Local and Global Atom Table. The Local one is local to this Process,   and the Global one is available/accessible to/from all Processes.

• Atoms numbered 0 - 49151 (0xBFFF) are not actually part of the Atom Table.   Querying these values will return a string representation of the number as an unsigned integer

Example: 1234 is translated to "#1234"

• Adding atom strings that start with a "#" will return an unsigned integer if the numbers   following "#" are an integer less than 49152 (1 - 49151 [0xBFFF]).

Examples: "#1" => 1, "#49151" => 49151

• Atoms numbered from 49152 - 65535 (from 0xC000 - 0xFFFF) DO reference the Atom Table strings

• Maximum Atom string length is 255 characters (not including a null-terminator)

;  Local:
;    _AtomTableInit()        ; Initializes Local Atom Table. Optional [37 hash buckets allocated by default]
;    _AtomAddLocal()            ; Adds a string to the Local Atom table, returns # identifier [increments reference if already exists]
;    _AtomGetNameLocal()        ; Gets the Local Atom string associated with a numerical identifier
;    _AtomDeleteLocal()        ; Decrements the reference count of Local Atom, deletes when reaches 0
;    _AtomFindLocal()        ; Finds # identifier for a string in the Local Atom table
;    _AtomGetAllLocal()        ; Returns all found Local atoms in an array
; Global:
;    _AtomAddGlobal()        ; Adds a string to the Global Atom table, returns # identifier [increments reference if already exists]
;    _AtomGetNameGlobal()    ; Gets the Global Atom string associated with a numerical identifier
;    _AtomDeleteGlobal()        ; Decrements the reference count of Global Atom, deletes when reaches 0
;    _AtomFindGlobal()        ; Finds # identifier for a string in the Global Atom table
;    _AtomGetAllGlobal()        ; Returns all found Global atoms in an array
; 'Undocumented':
;    _AtomGetGlobalTableUD() ; Using 'undocumented' function calls, gets info on all Global Atoms
;    _AtomGetInfoUD()        ; Returns reference count, pinned status, as well as Atom Name

There are a few 'undocumented' functions used for getting information on the Atom Table included (I can't help myself).

In addition to the core UDF, there's 2 example files:

• AtomTableExample.au3 - This demonstrates various use - adding, deleting, and querying information in the Local and Global atom tables. (Extended info comes from 'undocumented' functions)

• AtomExample_IPC.au3 - This demonstrates how the Atom Table could be used in InterProcess Communication. A rather rough sketch, but shows how you could squeeze MAX_PATH pathnames into IPC messages combined with Atom tables.

It's all a bit light on the documentation, but I just wanted to prevent this thing from collecting more dust ;)  Might prove useful to someone!

Update 2014-08-17:

- Added some documentation to all functions

- made the ugly 'AtomTableExample' script into something half-decent.

- IPC script modified to change how messages are reported

- Added array-length return in @extended in 'GetAll' functions

AtomTablesUDF.zip ~prev Downloads: 29

Edited by Ascend4nt
  • Like 2

Something new everyday! Thanks for sharing.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

So I just looked at the script today and thought it was too much of a mess.  I cleaned it up a little so now the examples make a little more sense :)  See 1st post for updated version

Update 2014-08-17:

- Added some documentation to all functions

- made the ugly 'AtomTableExample' script into something half-decent.

- IPC script modified to change how messages are reported

- Added array-length return in @extended in 'GetAll' functions

Very cool

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Ascer
      By Ascer
      1. Description.
      Udf working with MSDN System.Collections.ArrayList. Allow you to make fast operations on huge arrays, speed is even x10 better than basic _ArrayAdd.  Not prefered for small arrays < 600 items. 2. Requirements
      .NET Framework 1.1 - 4.5 (on this version Microsoft destroy old rules) System Windows 3. Possibilities.
      ;=============================================================================================================== ; UDF Name: List.au3 ; ; Date: 2018-02-17, 10:52 ; Description: Simple udf to create System Collections as ArrayList and make multiple actions on them. ; ; Function(s): _ListCreate -> Creates a new list ; _ListCapacity -> Gets a list size in bytes ; _ListCount -> Gets items count in list ; _ListIsFixedSize -> Get bool if list if fixed size ; _ListIsReadOnly -> Get bool if list is read only ; _ListIsSynchronized -> Get bool if list is synchronized ; _ListGetItem -> Get item on index ; _ListSetItem -> Set item on index ; ; _ListAdd -> Add item at end of list ; _ListClear -> Remove all list items ; _ListClone -> Duplicate list in new var ; _ListContains -> Get bool if item is in list ; _ListGetHashCode -> Get hash code for list ; _ListGetRange -> Get list with items between indexs ; _ListIndexOf -> Get index of item ; _ListInsert -> Insert a new item on index ; _ListInsertRange -> Insert list into list on index ; _ListLastIndexOf -> Get index last of item ; _ListRemove -> Remove first found item ; _ListRemoveAt -> Remove item in index ; _ListRemoveRange -> Remove items between indexs ; _ListReverse -> Reverse all items in list ; _ListSetRange -> Set new value for items in range ; _ListSort -> Sort items in list (speed of reading) ; _ListToString -> Get list object name ; _ListTrimToSize -> Remove unused space in list ; ; Author(s): Ascer ;=============================================================================================================== 4. Downloads
      List.au3 5. Examples
      SpeedTest _ArrayAdd vs ListAdd SpeedTest ArraySearch vs ListIndexOf Basic usage - crating guild with members  
    • islandspapand
      By islandspapand
      Hi all
      i am currently trying to click on an element in a HTML Table, but just can get it to work.
      i am able to click the top of the table so it changes to sort  but just can't click on the element in the table.
      an i need to click on element to continue in the site.
      i have attached the code so far and pictures of the table  element want to click plus the source of the table.
      i am able to get data in the table with $oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 2) but not able to click on them.
      Help is very much appreciated
      #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: Author: myName Script Function: Template AutoIt script. #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; Script Start - Add your code below here #include <IE.au3> #include "DOM.au3" #include <Array.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $oIE = _IECreate("*") _IELoadWait($oIE) Sleep(2000) _PageLogin($oIE) _PageLoadWait() _PageNewReq($oIE) _PageLoadWait() _InputModelInf($oIE) _PageLoadWait() Sleep(1000) $aTableLink = BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes($oIE, "//table/tbody/tr/td[.='Name Of user']", 2000) ;~ $aTableLink = BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes($oIE, "//table/tbody/tr", 2000) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aTableLink,"$aTableLink") If IsArray($aTableLink) Then ConsoleWrite("Able to BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes($oIE, //table/tbody/tr/td[.='Name Of user'])" & @CRLF) For $i = 0 To UBound($aTableLink)-1 ConsoleWrite(" OuterHTML : " & $aTableLink[$i].outerHTML & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(" Parentnode : " & $aTableLink[$i].parentnode & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(" Parentnode.click : " & $aTableLink[$i].parentnode.fireEvent("onclick","click") & @CRLF) $objClick = $aTableLink[$i].parentnode ;~ _IEAction($aTableLink[$i] , "focus") _IEAction($objClick , "focus") ;~ If _IEAction($aTableLink[$i], "click") Then If _IEAction($objClick, "click") Then ConsoleWrite("Able to _IEAction($aForumLink[0], 'click')" & @CRLF) _IELoadWait($oIE) Else ConsoleWrite("UNable to _IEAction($aForumLink[0], 'click')" & @CRLF) Exit 3 EndIf Next Else ConsoleWrite("Unable to BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes($oIE, //table/tbody/tr/td[.='Name Of user'])" & @CRLF) Exit 2 EndIf _PageLoadWait() Func _InputModelInf($oTmpIE) ; Add Var for Model & Serial in Func $oModelInput = _IEGetObjById($oTmpIE,"model") _IEAction($oModelInput,"focus") _IEDocInsertText($oModelInput, "*") $oSerialInput = _IEGetObjById($oTmpIE,"serial") _IEAction($oModelInput,"focus") _IEDocInsertText($oSerialInput, "*") $links = $oTmpIE.document.getElementsByClassName("btn btn-primary ng-scope") For $link In $links If $link.innertext = "Søg" Or $link.innertext = "Search" Then $link.click() ExitLoop EndIf Next Return True EndFunc Func _PageNewReq($oTmpIE) $links = $oTmpIE.document.getElementsByClassName("ng-scope k-link") For $link In $links If $link.innertext = "Send ny fejlmelding" Or $link.innertext = "Submit a New Service Request" Then $link.click() ExitLoop EndIf Next Return True EndFunc Func _PageLogin($oTmpIE) $oUserInput = _IEGetObjById($oTmpIE,"loginid") _IEDocInsertText($oUserInput, "*") $oPasswordInput = _IEGetObjById($oTmpIE,"password") _IEDocInsertText($oPasswordInput, "*") $links = $oTmpIE.document.getElementsByClassName("btn btn-primary login ng-scope") For $link In $links If $link.innertext = "Sign in" Then $link.click() ExitLoop EndIf Next Return True EndFunc Func _PageLoadWait() Local $PageLoadWait = False ;~ nav navbar-nav navbar-right ng-hide ;~ nav navbar-nav navbar-right $tags = $oIE.document.GetElementsByTagName("ul") For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute("class") If $class_value = "nav navbar-nav navbar-right" Then ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : Webpage loading :) ' & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $PageLoadWait = True ExitLoop EndIf Next Do sleep(250) For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute("class") If $class_value = "nav navbar-nav navbar-right ng-hide" Then ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : Webpage load finished :)'& @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $PageLoadWait = False ExitLoop EndIf Next Until $PageLoadWait = False EndFunc  
      Thanks in advance

• Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Hello everyone,
      I'm trying to pass values to elements in a website.
      The elements are present within a table, which is again present within a table, which is inside a form.
      I tried to read the form, tables, etc., but with no results. It appears to me that the elements, tables, form, etc., were not read at all.
      The following is what I tried. Please guide me.
      ;I tried the following to read the tables into arrays #include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate() _IENavigate($oIE, "---- URL HERE ----") _IELoadWait($oIE) $o_Table = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE) $i_NumTables = @extended For $i = 0 To $i_NumTables - 1 Step 1 $o_Table_Temp2 = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE, $i) $a_TableData = _IETableWriteToArray ($o_Table_Temp2) _ArrayDisplay($a_TableData) Next  
      ;I tried the following code to pass value to the field #include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate() _IENavigate($oIE, "---- URL HERE ----", 0) _IELoadWait($oIE) Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "default") Local $oField = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "tGroup") _IEFormElementSetValue($oField, "---- VALUE HERE ----")  
      The following is the html view of the website and the highlighted field is the one that I want to pass values to. Since this is an official website, I can't share the exact url.

• KimberlyJillPereira
      By KimberlyJillPereira
      I could only extract the first 20 from table into Microsoft Excel by using Array Extract but I want to extract until the end what I mean is until the second page. How to do it? Please revert. Thanks.

• TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello everyone, I discovered a bug yesterday and I posted it at the bug tracker:
      I also made a simple script which can be used to reproduce the bug:
      CreateVariable() ConsoleWrite($sGlobalVariable & @CRLF) Func CreateVariable() Global $sGlobalVariable = "Foobar" EndFunc The bug was closed by @BrewManNH:
      While I partially agree with the above statement, My code was not practical enough... so @mLipok advised me to create a thread on the forums with practical code (Thanks!). That is the point of this thread, I am going to provide the code where I experience this bug/problem .
      I discovered this bug when I was working on one of my projects called "ProxAllium". When the main script finishes execution, Au3Check throws a nasty warning about "variable possibly used before declaration":

As you can see, the variable is indeed being used after calling the function in which the variable is declared... The warning won't appear if I declare the function ABOVE the variable. As @BrewManNH said, Au3Check reads line by line... I think this should be changed, Au3Check should not throw warnings if the interpreter is able to run the code, at least most of the time anyway!
      So what do you guys think? Is this a valid bug?... and I request those who participate in the discussion not to discuss the code being "poor", that is another thing/thread in itself
      P.S I had already written this once but the forum editor decided to mess up and when I undid (Ctrl + Z) something... This is a poorly written version of that article, I was very frustrated while writing this!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.