Background window manipulation

Ovi

Hi there, I'm new on this forum and also I'm still a noob in autoit. I know it's possible to handle a program which it's actaully in background, not really the active window. Untill now, I've discovered only 2 functions that could help me: controlsend and controlclick.

Beeing more specific, I want to do a script that searchs for something in a window and then click on it, but still be able to use my computer while running the script.

Any help will be apreciated, thanks a lot! :)

You need to be more specific, especially about "searchs for something in a window and then click on it".

There are thousands of different windows and thousands of different "somethings" that each can contain.

Hint: "Text" is not a good enough answer.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Use ControlSetText instead.

Keep this in mind also...It's specific to apps on a locked station, but works the same for non-active windows:

https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_doesn.27t_my_script_work_on_a_locked_workstation.3F

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Sorry, now I realized that I wasn't specific at all. The script must search for a button, so it has to scan the screen for it. Shall I use imagesearch or fastfind library? But I still have no ideea how to scan that window as long as it's not the active window.

Both of those are a last resort when dealing with window buttons, and neither can be used on non visible windows.

It has to be possible because I saw a script doing something like this. Does it matter if i'm talking about handling a browser page?

Use the IE.au3.

You can also use my signature to find the html objects more easily.

_IECreate
_IEAction

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.