Skysnake

AutoItX tutorial for C#

3 posts in this topic

It seems the AutoIt community does not much venture into AutoItX and the real programmers do not need much to understand how to implement the DLLs -> is there some guidance with explanantions available?

This part of the AutoIt site is definitely not getting as much traffic as the rest.  Obviously a lot of assumed knowledge and skill applies...  I have searched for AutoItX but can not find a single tutorial.  There are examples - but what I would really like is a ZIPped project, that explains the C layout, and the link to the AutoIT DLLs.  A bit more narrative than code :) so that I can also learn how...  

Is there maybe a static Wiki/FAQ on AutoItX that I have missed?

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

The help file has a small section but it does kind of assume you already know how to work with Visual Studio and assemblies. I can probably zip up an empty project with everything in place.

The following files are provided to allow .NET use:

AutoItX3.Assembly.dll - The .NET Assembly for using AutoItX.

AutoItX3.Assembly.xml - The Visual Studio Intellisense help file for the .NET Assembly.

AutoItX3.dll - The main AutoItX DLL (x86)

AutoItX3_x64.dll - The main AutoItX DLL (x64)

Using the Assembly from VB/C# within in Visual Studio is very easy:

- Add a reference to AutoItX3.Assembly.dll to your project

- Add a using AutoIt; statement in the files you want to use AutoIt functions

- Write code like this C# example:

using AutoIt;

// Wow, this is C#!

AutoItX.Run("notepad.exe");

AutoItX.WinWaitActive("Untitled");

AutoItX.Send("I'm in notepad");

IntPtr winHandle = AutoItX.WinGetHandle("Untitled");

AutoItX.WinKill(winHandle);

- Distribute your final executable with the files AutoItX3.Assembly.dll, AutoItX3.dll, AutoItX3_x64.dll.

I have read that :)

And I have added that to the Wiki :)

But that would be a winner!  May I suggest that as a pinned item on this section of the Forum? Thank you very much.

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Luigi
      By Luigi
      Greetings, someone can give a exemple, how send a error from a C#'s dll to AutoIt?
      I use this line, to send an error... but, I want get a error code In AutoIt with macro @error, it's possible?

throw new ArgumentException("arquivo map não existe", "value" ); In this way, work, I know ther are error, but, @errror always is zero.
      I don't want this, I want a number as error code.
      Can you help me?

Best regards
    • GTAVLover
      By GTAVLover
      I recently tried to use ControlClick method to send a mouse click command to a button in a application, but I noticed that it is not working when I give first parameter as a window handle (HWND). But, when I give class name or window title, it works fine. I used AutoItX3 and VBScript. 
      Following are the commands I tried in VBScript:
      Dim WINAPI: Set WINAPI = WScript.CreateObject("WinAPIWrapper.WINAPI") Dim AutoItX3: Set AutoItX3 = WScript.CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control") Dim WindowHandle: WindowHandle = WINAPI.WinAPI_FindWindow("my window title", "my window class") 'Window handle obtains fine by my wrapper function 'Above window handle is obtained as a hexadecimal string. (I.E. - 0x00000000) I tried it like: WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(WindowHandle, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(CLng("&h" + Replace(WindowHandle, "0x", "")), "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(000000, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(0x00000000, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK Only following commands work: WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick("[CLASS:my window class]", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // WORKS FINE WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick("My window title", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // WORKS FINE  
      If any of your suggestions don't work, I will have to write a wrapper function myself to send mouse click commands. I chosen AutoIt V3 because it is good specially when comes to send keystrokes to applications. Please tell me why this won't work when I give window handle as first parameter.
      Thanks in advance.
    • breakbadsp
      By breakbadsp
      AutoIT AU3info doeas not detect all gui objects uniquely for .NET GUIs developed in C#.
      this is not working now i am using COM windows approach for this, But its very difficult.
      Please let me know if anyone has done it before.
    • 5ervant
      By 5ervant
      What's the best way to receive file from a desktop app?
      app.exe will execute a cmd with "au3file.exe /path/of/the/file.xml" and the au3file.exe will get and delete that. Or else? THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE QUESTION
      And best way to transfer file to a desktop app?
      au3file.exe do a $_POST request and the app.exe MUST HAVE a local HTTP server that can receive $_POST, but it looks heavy 'cause the app must have a server such XAMPP. au3file.exe execute a cmd with "app.exe /path/of/the/file.xml" and the app.exe will now get that file and delete. Or else?  
    • Yash91
      By Yash91
      Hi Experts,
      I want to integrate AutoIT with Eclipse to write my code in java for automating the desktop base application, i have integrate jacob 1.18 and verify the dll's also but i am getting How to fix java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Unsupported major.minor version 51 issue.
      I am using 32 bit windows xp with java 1.6 version.
      Java 1.7 is unsupported in 32 bit windows xp. is there any solution for the same.