Sign in to follow this  
Skysnake

AutoItX tutorial for C#

It seems the AutoIt community does not much venture into AutoItX and the real programmers do not need much to understand how to implement the DLLs -> is there some guidance with explanantions available?

This part of the AutoIt site is definitely not getting as much traffic as the rest.  Obviously a lot of assumed knowledge and skill applies...  I have searched for AutoItX but can not find a single tutorial.  There are examples - but what I would really like is a ZIPped project, that explains the C layout, and the link to the AutoIT DLLs.  A bit more narrative than code :) so that I can also learn how...  

Is there maybe a static Wiki/FAQ on AutoItX that I have missed?

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

The help file has a small section but it does kind of assume you already know how to work with Visual Studio and assemblies. I can probably zip up an empty project with everything in place.

The following files are provided to allow .NET use:

AutoItX3.Assembly.dll - The .NET Assembly for using AutoItX.

AutoItX3.Assembly.xml - The Visual Studio Intellisense help file for the .NET Assembly.

AutoItX3.dll - The main AutoItX DLL (x86)

AutoItX3_x64.dll - The main AutoItX DLL (x64)

Using the Assembly from VB/C# within in Visual Studio is very easy:

- Add a reference to AutoItX3.Assembly.dll to your project

- Add a using AutoIt; statement in the files you want to use AutoIt functions

- Write code like this C# example:

using AutoIt;

// Wow, this is C#!

AutoItX.Run("notepad.exe");

AutoItX.WinWaitActive("Untitled");

AutoItX.Send("I'm in notepad");

IntPtr winHandle = AutoItX.WinGetHandle("Untitled");

AutoItX.WinKill(winHandle);

- Distribute your final executable with the files AutoItX3.Assembly.dll, AutoItX3.dll, AutoItX3_x64.dll.

I have read that :)

And I have added that to the Wiki :)

But that would be a winner!  May I suggest that as a pinned item on this section of the Forum? Thank you very much.

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By learner123
      Hi All,

I am new to this AUTO IT and I have created a script that will open an app,enter pin and copy the code generated to clipboard. My java code call this autoIT script and use the copied generated code from clipboard.
      This works fine when server  window is on focus. My server is an windows server. 
      But when I minimize or disconnect the server, the script opens the app.exe but doesn't copy any value to clipboard.  
      Can anyone help me on this 😐

Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Software Token\SecurID.exe")
      Local $hWnd=WinWait("abc - RSA SecurID Token") ; waits until the window is the active window
      $hWin = WinGetHandle("abc - RSA SecurID Token");
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","1111") ; simulates pressing the Home key
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","{ENTER}");
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","^c");
      Sleep(1000) ;
      ControlSend($hWnd,"","","^c");

• By poddex
      Hello everyone.
      I always try to work with old Windows 10 versions as much as possible because I know mane compatibility issues with Windows 10 upgrading. 
      But I couldn't do anything else (I got drivers problem), and nothing couldn't help me besides upgrading, so I upgraded from 1807 to 1903.
      And...get another problem 😃
      I use AutoitX library in external project like this.
      ObjectAutoIt=New COMObject("AutoItX3.Control");
      ObjectAutoIt.AutoItSetOption("WinTextMatchMode",2);
              While ObjectAutoit.WinExists("",WindowHeader) Cycle 
                  ObjectAutoIt.WinClose("",WindowHeader);
              EndCycle;
      After upgrade I get that this line code 
      While ObjectAutoit.WinExists("",WindowHeader)
      become extremely low - ~ 20 seconds even if 10 windows open. But before upgrade it takes 0.5 s for a max.
      And every time that this code line passes through  - it takes ~20s, (20.115, for example), not less, not more. Something pauses it to work.
      How can I diagnose, what is that?
      I tried reinstall whole AutoIt, but no results.
      Thanks to all.
    • By water
      Internet Explorer is nearly dead, newer versions of Firefox can't any longer be automated using Stilgar's FF UDF.
      Hence more and more users (including me) need to look at automating Webbrowsers using WebDriver.
      That's why I have started to create a tutorial in the wiki.
      It should describe all necessary steps from intallation to usage.

I'm still collecting ideas for the tutorial - that's where you come into play.
      What do you expect to see in such a tutorial?
      Which browsers should be covered (Firefox, Chrome and Edge are settled)? Any questions for the FAQ? Which (high level) coding examples do you expect (like "How to attach to a running browser instance") ... Like to see your comments

ToDo-List:
      Add "Tools" section and add ChroPath plugin. Done. FAQ: "How to attach to a running browser instance". Done. Explain the difference between iuiautomation, iaccessible, autoit, webdriver. Done. The AutoIt FAQ 40 has been extended. Detailed description of each function. Done Example for "how to deal with downloading". Use function _WD_DownloadFile. Example for "how to deal with popups (alerts, print or save dialog). Use function_WD_AlertRespond to respond to a user prompt. Example for "how to deal with multiple tabs". Use functions _WD_NewTab (create a new tab), _WD_Window (close or switch to a tab) and _WD_Attach (attach to existing tab).
    • By Mudoch
      I need to replace a desktop applications functionality. I'll call it App "A".
      The application has defined 2 hot keys one that toggles between it and another window, App "B", and one that triggers keystrokes to App "B" to get data where App "A" can access it. Then tells app "A" to fire off processing of data.. Unfortunately when App "B" is a 64bit application this functionality no longer works. 

For now I've hobbled together a work a round solution by using 2 apps with what appears to be similar abilities. AutoIt and a desktop application that allows me to define the 2 hot keys. The SutoItX Dll is great for my processes within App "A" as it uses VBA for event driven tasks.
      The second app allows me to define the Hot keys and which windows they belong to.
      My fail is on how to use AutoIT to define the hot Keys and link to specific windows.
      So as I see this working:
                App "A" launches and fires off internal VBA code that in turn sets up HotKeys. If App "B" is not found code shuts down without enabling the hotkeys.  
                A hot key of CTRL-F1 toggles, activates window, back and forth between App "A and "B"  So the hotkey is captured only when either App "A" or "B" is currently the active focus. and swaps the active focus application window.
                A hot key of CTRL-F2 from App "B", Send Key strokes to App "B" to place App "B" windows' content into windows clip board then switch to App "A" and send a keystroke, CTRL-F3, to trigger processing the clip board through App "A"'s normal event handlers.  App "A" already knows that CTRL-F3 means to run custom VBA code to process the clipboard.
      Any help would be appreciated here, thanks.  
    • By ScrapeYourself
      I didn't like the search time of Simple Native Image Search, and being on windows 10 64bit, I couldn't get ImageSearchDll.dll to work properly.
      So I started researching image search routines and found this excellent post and set of replies find-a-bitmap-within-another-bitmap.

I really liked the pattern that the Simple Native Image Search used, the clipboard usage and the method of searching. Although I think it could be improved by using some short circuit techniques to return sooner, like consecutive matched > 65% return | matched total > 85% return) , and I wanted the function to manage the click on the found image as well.
      So I just did a bit more research and a few trips to MSDN and stackoverflow, these two snippets allow me to replicate KyleJustKnows code, and click.  Another feature is that it also saves the image it captures to disk, so that if the image is not found you can check what was captured, and alternatively cut out a new search image to use.
      private void PrintScreen() { keybd_event(VK_SNAPSHOT, 0, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY, 0); keybd_event(VK_SNAPSHOT, 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0); } public Bitmap CaptureScreenPrtSc() { PrintScreen(); if (Clipboard.ContainsImage()) { using (Image img = Clipboard.GetImage()) { img.Save("ClipBoard.PNG", ImageFormat.Png); return new Bitmap(img); } } return default; } [DllImport("user32.dll")] [return: MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.Bool)] private static extern bool GetCursorPos(out MousePoint lpMousePoint); [DllImport("user32.dll")] private static extern void mouse_event(int dwFlags, int dx, int dy, int dwData, int dwExtraInfo); private MousePoint GetCursorPosition() { var gotPoint = GetCursorPos(out MousePoint currentMousePoint); if (!gotPoint) { currentMousePoint = new MousePoint(0, 0); } return currentMousePoint; } private void MouseEvent(MouseEvents value) { MousePoint position = GetCursorPosition(); mouse_event ((int)value, position.X, position.Y, 0, 0) ; }
      So after managing to compile the dll with COM support, with much reading of this forum and many posts from paulpmeier, ptrex, LarsJ, and others about loading .net, I managed to get this all working.

Here is the BotIt Core:
      ; BotIt Core Global $sPath = "BotIt.dll" Global $RegAsmPath = "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe" Func BotIt_StartUp() RegisterBotIt() OnAutoItExitRegister("UnregisterBotIt") EndFunc ;==>BotIt_StartUp Func RegisterBotIt() RunWait($RegAsmPath & " /register /codebase /tlb " & $sPath, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE) EndFunc ;==>RegisterBotIt Func UnregisterBotIt() FileDelete("Step.txt") RunWait($RegAsmPath & " /unregister " & $sPath, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE) EndFunc ;==>UnregisterBotIt Func ActivateAndSearch($sTitle, $sImgPath, $bClick = True) WinActivate($sTitle) Sleep(1000) $oBotIt = ObjCreate("BotIt.DetectImageAndClick") ConsoleWrite($sImgPath & @CRLF & $bClick & @CRLF) $bRet = $oBotIt.FindAndClick($sImgPath, $bClick) Return $bRet EndFunc ;==>ActivateAndSearch  
      Usage:
      Do Sleep(500) Until ActivateAndSearch("Window Title", "PathToFile")

I hope you enjoy!
      Regards,
      ScrapeYourself

BotIt.cs