Sign in to follow this  
lewisg

Retrieve (Get) Gmail

lewisg

Any suggestions as to how to download, get, or retrieve email from Google's Gmail?  No need to send mail only receive. 

I thought perhaps JiBE's SSL UDF might work however a reply to a post at his original post says otherwise (Didn't want to hijack his post).

I have been using "GAM", "GYB", and "GMAIL Backup"(old), all command line inputs. Running them through a AutoIT script using RUN() and RUNWAIT() works somewhat, but has been unreliable. 

MikahS

This link could potentially help out.

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

lewisg

Thanks, I revisited the "Atom" solution and although I at first dismissed it because it only gave a summary of the message I might be able to still make it work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• myspacee
      By myspacee
      Hello,
      at job we have change our old mail servers with Outlook365. We have a lot of scripts that use mail, and i must 'convert' all them to new environment.
      No problem for sending mail. Microsoft staff give us also an open SMPT server listening on port 25.
      I need help to download mail from MS. I have big troubles because can't bypass SSL/TLS wall, using command line.
      Before change, I use a wonderful Command line Pop client.  But it doesn't have SSL support.
      I don't want to reinvent the well but exist, in Autoit, the way to code a POP3 client with SSL/TLS support ?
      (maybe not using OUTLOOK udf, can't install office on our server [ I don't have so many licenses ] )
      Thank you for your time
      m.
    • Ascer
      By Ascer
      1. Description.
      oAuth 2.0 is security system implemented by Google a few years ago. You are able to connect into your Google accounts and manage documents. In this UDF i show you how to pass first authorization process., this allow you to automate most of functions using API interface. 2. Requirements.
      Google account. oAuth.au3 Download 3. Possibilities
      ;============================================================================================================ ; Date: 2018-02-10, 14:21 ; ; Description: UDF for authorize your app with oAuth 2.0 Google. ; ; Function(s): ; oAuth2GetAuthorizationCode() -> Get Code for "grant". ; oAuth2GetAccessToken() -> Get "access_token" and "refresh_token" first time. ; oAuth2RefreshAccessToken() -> Get current "access_token" using "refresh_token". ; ; Author(s): Ascer ;============================================================================================================ 4. Enable your Google API.
          4.1. Video Tutorial not mine!
       YouTube     4.2 Screenshots from authorization process (Polish language) 
      Go to https://console.developers.google.com/apis/dashboard and accept current rules.  

Next create an new project  

Enter name of you new project and click Create  

Google will working now, please wait until finish. Next go to enable your API interface, we make if for Google  

Take "Gmail" in search input and after click in found result.  

Click Enable interface, Google will working now.  

Create your login credentials  

Select Windows Interface (combobox), User credentials (radio) and click button what is need bla bla  

Type name of a new client id for oAuth 2.0 and click Create a new Client ID.  

Next configure screen aplication, type some name and click Next. Google will working now.  

Last step on this website is download source with your credentials in *Json format.  

Now you received a file named client_id.json, it's how it look in Sublime Text:  

5. Coding.
      Now we need to call a some function to get access code.  
      #include <oAuth.au3> Local $sClientId = "167204758184-vpeues0uk6b0g4jrnv0ipq5fapoig2v8.apps.googleusercontent.com" Local $sRedirectUri = "http://localhost" oAuth2GetAuthorizationCode($sClientId, $sRedirectUri)  
      Function will execute default browser for ask you to permission.  

Next Google ask you to permission for access to your personal details by application Autoit   

Now you can thing is something wrong but all is ok, you need to copy all after  code= . It your access code.  

Let's now ask Google about our Access Token and Refresh Token  
      #include <oAuth.au3> Local $sClientId = "167204758184-vpeues0uk6b0g4jrnv0ipq5fapoig2v8.apps.googleusercontent.com" Local $sClientSecret = "cWalvFr3WxiE6cjUkdmKEPo8" Local $sAuthorizationCode = "4/AAAPXJOZ-Tz0s6mrx7JbV6nthXSfcxaszFh_aH0azVqHkSHkfiwE8uamcabn4eMbEWg1eAuUw7AU0PQ0XeWUFRo#" Local $sRedirectUri = "http://localhost" Local $aRet = oAuth2GetAccessToken($sClientId, $sClientSecret, $sAuthorizationCode, $sRedirectUri) If Ubound($aRet) <> 4 then ConsoleWrite("+++ Something wrong with reading ResponseText." & @CRLF) Exit EndIf ConsoleWrite("Successfully received data from Google." & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("access_token: " & $aRet[0] & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("expires_in: " & $aRet[1] & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("refresh_token: " & $aRet[2] & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("token_type: " & $aRet[3] & @CRLF)  
      Important! When you received error 400 and output says: Invalid grant it means that your previous generated access_code lost validity and you need to generate new calling previus code. When everything is fine you should received a 4 informations about your: access_token, expires_in, refresh_token and token_type. Access_Token time is a little short so you need to know fuction possible to refresh it (tell Google that he should generate a new Token for you)  
      #include <oAuth.au3> Local $sRefreshToken = "1/ba8JpW7TjQH3-UI1BvPaXhSf-oTQ4BmZAbBfhcKgKfY" Local $sClientId = "167204758184-vpeues0uk6b0g4jrnv0ipq5fapoig2v8.apps.googleusercontent.com" Local $sClientSecret = "cWalvFr3WxiE6cjUkdmKEPo8" Local $sRedirectUri = "http://localhost" Local $aRet = oAuth2RefreshAccessToken($sRefreshToken, $sClientId, $sClientSecret) If Ubound($aRet) <> 3 then ConsoleWrite("+++ Something wrong with reading ResponseText." & @CRLF) Exit EndIf ConsoleWrite("Successfully received data from Google." & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("access_token: " & $aRet[0] & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("expires_in: " & $aRet[1] & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("token_type: " & $aRet[2] & @CRLF)  
      6. Finish words
      If you followed all this above steps im sure that you received all informations required for coding your Google API (Gmail, Dropbox, YouTube, Calender etc. See next thread: [UDF] Gmail API - Email automation with AutoIt!
    • Ascer
      By Ascer
      1. Description.
      Automate communication with Gmail API using oAuth 2.0 security. 2. Requirements.
      Google Gmail account. Finished Authorization process. Look here 3. Possibilities.
      ;======================================================================================================================== ; Date: 2018-02-12, 11:46 ; ; Bug Fixs: 2018-02-17, 7:31 -> Fixed problems with adding items to array and minor bugs. ; ; Description: UDF for using Gmail API interface. This UDF requires oAuth.au3 and Gmail account. ; ; Function(s): ; gmailUsersGetProfile() -> Information about your account. ; gmailUsersLabelsList() -> Get all available labels ids. ex. "INBOX", "UNREAD" ; gmailUsersLabelsGet() -> Get information about specific label id. ; gmailUsersMessagesBatchDelete() -> Delete many messages emails by id. ; gmailUsersMessagesBatchModify() -> Set status for many messages ex. "INBOX", "UNREAD" ; gmailUsersMessagesDelete() -> Totaly delete email from ur account. ; gmailUsersMessagesGet() -> Get all information about specific email. ; gmailUsersMessagesList() -> Get list of last ~100 emails. ; gmailUsersMessagesModify() -> Modify single message. ; gmailUsersMessagesTrash() -> Put email in trash. ; gmailUsersMessagesUntrash() -> Restore email from trash. ; gmailUsersMessagesSend() -> Send email to single or group recipients. ; gmailUsersMessagesAttachmentsGet() -> Download attachment by id. ; ; Author(s): Ascer ;======================================================================================================================== 4. Downloads.
      oAuth.au3 Gmail API.au3 5. Examples.
      Sending emails
    • Glyph
      By Glyph
      Has anyone already worked on a WSS UDF yet? I'm interested in making a project involving WSS with the ASYNC autoit library like ratchetphp / Pawl in PHP. (using reactphp)
      ASYNC is a must, and obviously WSS. the problem with some libraries i've worked with in PHP are mainly issues with handshakes like improper peer name validation (for multi level certs)
      relevant links: https://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc6455.txt
      https://github.com/ratchetphp/Pawl

/e i should note i'm not looking for hybrid workarounds, i want to do this in autoit alone. (no javascript)
    • PoojaKrishna
      By PoojaKrishna
      Hi friends,

I want to create a script than can read a gmail inbox to see content of mails from a particular address. I have searched a lot in the forum, there are so many topics related to this but I was not able to get a script that reads mail text. Can anyone please help?