Google Spreadsheet UDF (request/help)

Sodori

Hi all!

Never done this before, hope I am putting it in the right section and/or not violating any sort of forum rules. But, been trying to interact with Google Spreadsheet for a good while now. Tough bastard! But today, I found this! Seems easy enough. Only issue is that although I am starting to learn Java, I am not even close talented enough to even half understand how to adapt this API with Autoit. So, anyone hungry for a bite? Much appreciated if a friendly soul would do me the favour of helping me starting the code to get all this working. Ie show me how AutoIt will be able to interact with said API. As far as I can tell, it can only read/write data and manipulate spreadsheet. So as far as I can tell, isn't that all that the Excel UDF can do (in terms of pure interaction with program)? And a Google Spreadsheet is as far as I can tell nowhere seen.

I don't really have an answer for using the API but I had a reason to manipulate a Google Doc awhile back but never got around to it. But I did have the idea of creating the Excel sheet on my desktop then manipulating it through AutoIt's Excel UDF and then uploading it to Google Doc's through Browser manipulation. So maybe if no one gives you any other direction you can do that?

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

I don't really have an answer for using the API but I had a reason to manipulate a Google Doc awhile back but never got around to it. But I did have the idea of creating the Excel sheet on my desktop then manipulating it through AutoIt's Excel UDF and then uploading it to Google Doc's through Browser manipulation. So maybe if no one gives you any other direction you can do that?

Think I've tried that already. I need it to be as interactive and updateable (guess that's a word now) as google docs. Tried plugins that specifically syncs between Excel and Google, tried Microsofts own response to Google, tried coding. Guess a last resort would be so simple copy everything from a google sheet using AutoIt. But it feels like a kinda dumb solution..