Skysnake

menu of pictures

Skysnake
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    GUICreate("My GUI") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

GUICtrlCreateButton("my picture button", 10, 20, 40, 40, $BS_ICON)
    GUICtrlSetImage(-1, "shell32.dll", 22)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

; Loop until the user exits.
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop

EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example

guictrlsetimage this awesome little example from the Helpfile :)

My question is this: does a Menu created with a function like guictrlcreatemenu have any special attributes?  In stead of using guictrlcreatemenu, can I simply create a 'panel' and then run a series of picture buttons on it, behaving like a menu?

I guess what I want to know is (a) if a menu contains any additional functionality which makes it a preferred choice over a row of buttons? (b) since we can not make a button menu, would a row of buttons work when presented to the user as a menu?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks

Edited by Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

rcmaehl

Advantages:

Creating submenus is easier
Items highlight as you mouse over them
Setting Ctrl Key Quick Selects
Does not mess up as easily with logic issues in scripts

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Pike
      By Pike
      Hello Everyone,
      New Guy here. This is a two-part question, hopefully easy enough though. I know it's ugly coding, this is because I have only a couple hours worth of coding experience and could really use some help.
      1) When I single click the button I want one action (like playing a sound clip) and when I double click the button I want a different action (such as opening dialogue box to ask for soundclip directory address). At the bottom of the script I made a comment which one I would like single click versus double click.
      2) I can not get the FileOpenDialogue to save the file address to the config.ini file at the 'One' position on the .ini.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Sound.au3> Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Global $OneID _Main() Func _Main() GUICreate("Form1", 156, 86, 281, 276) $OneID = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button", 15, 17, 122, 37) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($OneID, "OnOne") GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "OnExit") GUISetState() While 1 While 1 Sleep(1000) WEnd WEnd EndFunc ;---------------Functions------------- While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Func OnOne() ; ******************Single Click for this action**************** $OneID = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", $OneID) If $OneID = True Then SoundPlay($OneID, @HotKeyPressed) Else ; *******Double Click for this action*****And Help Saving File Address to config.ini 'One'*********** $OneID = FileOpenDialog("Select file", @WorkingDir, "All (*.*)") IniWrite("config.ini", "Config", "One", $OneID) $OneID = InputBox("Enter Information", "Short Name for File?", "") IniWrite("config.ini", "Config", "NameOne", $OneID) EndIf EndFunc Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you need anymore clarity as to what exactly I'm trying to do, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks so much!
      Pike
    • Xandy
      By Xandy
      MapIt is a tile world editor.  MapIt was built around the concept of reversing Dragon Warrior map images.  MapIt can take image input and produce a tile and world array.
      MapIt features Unity style dragable labels that adjust property values.

MapParser is a C++ project that scans images for unique tiles.  MapParser is very fast.  Due to hard drive failure, many bugs were restored b/c I had to rewind many years.  Frustrated with the design, I wrote a new version from the ground up.  This New Version:  AutoIt Front-end, command line controls, and shared with the world; so that I can't lose it again.
      You can toggle the C++ MapParser off to see the difference in speeds between the MapParser CPP verse AutoIt function.  Function is named Scan_Tiles() in AutoIt.  You can also chose to download without MapParser.exe.
      At the moment Scanning a image resets the arrays, but you can add tiles after scanning.
      Images can be added as tiles without scan image at all.  Then configure settings to give your world parameters and manually fill the world data with tile indexes.
      Using the settings you can change tile size after a scan.  Example: you wanted to replace a map with different sized tiles.
      Changing and replacing tile / world data is easy.  B/c tile world editor.

Hotkeys, I use CTRL+R in image above to signal replace tile action and I use "G" to Get the tile under mouse.
      Hotkeys are not saved to disk and thus are set to default between sessions.
      I might draw the world to pre-rendered surfaces and use them as multi-layer someday.  I do that in my AutoIt, DragonWarrior Remake but I could spend forever unsure what features are important for this.  The DW_Remake has a method of replacing a tile with a tile on two layers.  So you could replace a tree on the first layer with a grass, and a tree in the second layer.  This is all getting very confusing.
      I attempted to write the good code.  If something could be better, please advise.
      Fifth release.  Enjoy.
      For download, videos, and example of created world file data; please visit the MapIt webpage: http://songersoft.com/programming/mapit/mapit_about.phtml
      Special thanks: @AdmiralAlkex, @Melba23, @MrCreatoR
      Main AutoIt source file: Will not run without other Includes and SDL DLLs.
      Last Update: 5/26/2018 3:45 PM EST
      REMOVED CODE BLOCK:  I was informed the this page loaded very slowly, one solution so far has been to remove the 2k lines in the code block.
      When I recieve more feedback from the User I may reduce image size or remove images.
      Next Version Added: $eSETTING_TILE_LAST_PATH I have the weekend, I want to write world layers with aBoard surfaces.  
    • kcvinu
      By kcvinu
      Hi all,
      I have a button created with _GUICtrlButton_Create function. I know that this function returns a handle of button instead of an ID. So i have obtain control ID by calling _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID function. After that i have tried the GUICtrlSetBkColor function. But it didnt worked. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 
      Note : - The window which carries this button is not created with native gui create function. Instead, it is created with CreateWindowEx api function.
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      I have an inquiry please
      when i use the control get focus
      it don't detect the menu item
      there are any Method to do that?
      i'll use that to make a custom screen reader in my program
      please help me to do that
      I am waiting for your answers
      greetings to you
      Thank you in advance

• lenclstr746
      By lenclstr746
      HELLO GUYS
      I'm a work on a background see and click bot project 
      I can complete it if your help me
      (using imagesearch , gdi+ and  fastfind)