Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InunoTaishou

Dropdown tool bar that lets you select text attributes

7 posts in this topic

Using Rich Edit to make a simple editor and I wanted to add a menu that would let you select the text attributes (Button that has Font and clicking it brings up a list of fonts, button for Color and brings up a color box that lets you select color, button for size that brings up a drop down list of sizes, etc. exactly like what you can use to make a post)

I did some googling, couldn't quite find what I needed. It looks like _GUICtrlToolBar might give me what I need but there aren't a whole lot of posts on the topic.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Or a combobox?  I think the best you can do is take a screenshot of all the fonts, create gifs, and load those images into the box...I'm not seeing a way to set the text style on an item by item basis.

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

0gIhr3v.png

This is what I'm trying to accomplish in AutoIt on a form.

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

The best I can do you:

_GUICtrlComboBoxEx_SetItemImage

Check the example in the helpfile.

An equivalent can still be done by stringing together combo boxes.

I suppose you can also do a toolbar, and on click, open a second child window.

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Mmmm I'll poke around it and see what I can do. My other option was going to be creating a small GUI with all of the colors myself. The Font/Size should be accomplishable with the _GUICtrlToolBar, but it looks a bit complicated to use.

Also, I didn't realize that I posted in the general support, not the GUI. Sorry.