ur

How to extract variables from a string?

2 posts in this topic

I need a function where it will get a string as parameter which will of syntax in VBScript like below

a&"asdasd"&asd&"as&dsf&gdf"&fs

Here in the above string what ever in the quotes we shouldn't replace them as they are taken as normal strings.And if the ampersand(&) if outside the quotes then we need to replace them with plus(+).And the normal words which are outside the quotes we need to append them with $.

So the output will be as below.

$a+"asdasd"+$asd+"as&dsf&gdf"+$fs.

Can you please help me on this.I'm unable to differentiate with & in the quotes and outside the quotes.

Don't know how to check whether a string is in quotes or not.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

:)

$str = 'a&"asdasd"&asd&"as&dsf&gdf"&fs&th'

Msgbox(0,"", _format($str))

Func _format($str)
   Local $tmp = ""
   Local $res = StringRegExp($str, '(?|[^&"]+|"[^"]*")', 3)
   For $i = 0 to UBound($res)-1
      If StringLeft($res[$i], 1) <> '"' Then $res[$i] = "$" & $res[$i]
      $tmp &= $res[$i] & "+"
   Next
   Return StringTrimRight($tmp, 1)
EndFunc

Edited by mikell

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• AppSoftwareVld
      By AppSoftwareVld
      Hello,

I need this for a project and I don't find a method for the next problem.
      I want when I click a button to create a variable ("$variable1") so if I press one more time to create one more ("$variable2") and create more and more how many times you press the button.

Do you have an idea ? 
      Thank you for your attention !
    • GTAVLover
      By GTAVLover
      I recently tried to use ControlClick method to send a mouse click command to a button in a application, but I noticed that it is not working when I give first parameter as a window handle (HWND). But, when I give class name or window title, it works fine. I used AutoItX3 and VBScript. 
      Following are the commands I tried in VBScript:
      Dim WINAPI: Set WINAPI = WScript.CreateObject("WinAPIWrapper.WINAPI") Dim AutoItX3: Set AutoItX3 = WScript.CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control") Dim WindowHandle: WindowHandle = WINAPI.WinAPI_FindWindow("my window title", "my window class") 'Window handle obtains fine by my wrapper function 'Above window handle is obtained as a hexadecimal string. (I.E. - 0x00000000) I tried it like: WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(WindowHandle, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(CLng("&h" + Replace(WindowHandle, "0x", "")), "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(000000, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick(0x00000000, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // DOES NOT WORK Only following commands work: WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick("[CLASS:my window class]", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // WORKS FINE WScript.Echo CStr(AutoItX3.ControlClick("My window title", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")) // WORKS FINE  
      If any of your suggestions don't work, I will have to write a wrapper function myself to send mouse click commands. I chosen AutoIt V3 because it is good specially when comes to send keystrokes to applications. Please tell me why this won't work when I give window handle as first parameter.
      Thanks in advance.
    • lattey
      By lattey
      i have a vbscript that called an autoit exe file and autoit exe file will return value to vbscript.
      vbscriptto call the exe and create array:
      Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") objShell.Run ( "C:\Datalog\test.exe") Dim intCtr: intCtr=-1 Dim tempArr() Set UID = CreateObject("System.Collections.ArrayList") CurLot = "" For Each filelog in FileList LogFile = Split(filelog, "~")(1) Set otf = fso.OpenTextFile("C:\Datalog\" & LogFile, 1) intCtr=intCtr+1 sFile = Split(LogFile, "_") CurStep = sFile(4) Redim preserve tempArr(intCtr) tempArr(intCtr)=CurStep next autoit:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $Count = 10 Global $CheckBox[$Count] global $array1[1] $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500) Global $array_Pstep[10] = ["P1", "A2", "A3", "A4", "A5", "A6", "A7", "A8", "A9", "A10"] $Spacing = 24 For $i = 0 To UBound($array_Pstep) - 1 $CheckBox[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($array_Pstep[$i], 80, $Spacing + (20 * $i), 65, 17) Next $submit = GUICtrlCreateButton("submit",10, 300, 80, 30) GUISetState() While 1 $Msg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $Msg case $submit _ArrayDisplay($array1) Case Else For $i = 0 To $Count - 1 If $CheckBox[$i] = $Msg Then MsgBox("", "Pressed", $i) _ArrayAdd($array1, $array_Pstep[$i]) ExitLoop EndIf Next EndSwitch WEnd i need to compare the array in vbscript and array return by autoit. but i dont know how to pass the value of array in autoit to vbscript. Please help.
    • sumandevadiga
      By sumandevadiga
      Hello 
      Trying to add below code in my main script but this is not functioning can you advise what else i need to do?

Dim fn As String Const myDir As String = "C:\AR\" '<- alter here Const newFolder As String = "C:\AR1\" '<- alter here fn = Dir(myDir & "AR_*.xlsm") Do While fn <> "" FileCopy myDir & fn, newFolder & Replace(fn, "AR", "AI") fn = Dir Loop  
    • Jefrey
      By Jefrey
      I've ported these two functions from PHP to AU3 to work with URLs.
      Made them for those who work with libraries like HTTP.au3 (not the one I coded), that needs passing the server domain, path, etc., instead of the full URL.
      Grab the lib here.
      ParseURL( $sURL )
      Parses the URL and splits it into defined parts. Returns an array:
      [0] = Full URL (same as $sURL) [1] = Protocol (i.e.: http, https, ftp, ws...) [2] = Domain [3] = Port (or null if not specified) [4] = Path (or null if not specified) [5] = Query string (everything after the ? - or null if not specified) Example:
      $aExample = ParseURL("https://google.com:8080/?name=doe") MsgBox(0, "Test", "URL: " & $aExample[0] & @CRLF & _ "Protocol: " & $aExample[1] & @CRLF & _ "Domain: " & $aExample[2] & @CRLF & _ "Port: " & $aExample[3] & @CRLF & _ "Path: " & $aExample[4] & @CRLF & _ "Query string: " & $aExample[5])  
      ParseStr( $sStr )
      Parses a query string (similar to the [5] of the previous function) and returns a multidimensional array, where:
      [0][0] = number of variables found [0][1] = ununsed [1][0] = key name of the first variable [1][1] = first variable value (already URL decoded) [n][0] = key name of the nth variable [n][1] = nth variable value (already URL decoded) Example:
      include <Array.au3> ; need only to do _ArrayDisplay, not needed by the lib _ArrayDisplay(ParseStr("foo=bar&test=lol%20123")) #cs Result is: [0][0] = 2 [0][1] = ununsed [1][0] = foo [1][1] = bar [2][0] = test [2][1] = lol 123 #ce Feel free to fork!