ur

How to extract variables from a string?

2 posts in this topic

I need a function where it will get a string as parameter which will of syntax in VBScript like below

a&"asdasd"&asd&"as&dsf&gdf"&fs

Here in the above string what ever in the quotes we shouldn't replace them as they are taken as normal strings.And if the ampersand(&) if outside the quotes then we need to replace them with plus(+).And the normal words which are outside the quotes we need to append them with $.

So the output will be as below.

$a+"asdasd"+$asd+"as&dsf&gdf"+$fs.

Can you please help me on this.I'm unable to differentiate with & in the quotes and outside the quotes.

Don't know how to check whether a string is in quotes or not.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

:)

$str = 'a&"asdasd"&asd&"as&dsf&gdf"&fs&th'

Msgbox(0,"", _format($str))

Func _format($str)
   Local $tmp = ""
   Local $res = StringRegExp($str, '(?|[^&"]+|"[^"]*")', 3)
   For $i = 0 to UBound($res)-1
      If StringLeft($res[$i], 1) <> '"' Then $res[$i] = "$" & $res[$i]
      $tmp &= $res[$i] & "+"
   Next
   Return StringTrimRight($tmp, 1)
EndFunc

Edited by mikell

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      Hi all,
      I need to read a log file into an array, but the log file is encoded as $FO_UTF16_BE_NOBOM (2048) = Use Unicode UTF16 Big Endian (without BOM) per FileGetEncoding (it returns 2048).
      I have searched how to convert these log files to UTF-8 and finally found a Powershell command. Since then I have been racking my brain trying to get the function to work. The command itself works from a Powerscript prompt:
      C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Get-Content C:\Logs\Myplayer_10-10-17-02-31.log | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 C:\Logs\Myplayer1.log This is my sandbox;
      #include <array.au3> #include <File.au3> Local $aArrayLogFile Local $sLogDir = "C:\Logs\" Local $sLogFile = "Myplayer_10-10-17-02-31.log" Local $sConvertedLog = "ConvertedLog.log" Local $sLogDirFile = $sLogDir&$sLogFile RunWait("C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Get-Content "&$sLogDirFile&" | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 "&$sConvertedLog,$sLogDir) _FileReadToArray($sLogDirFile, $aArrayLogFile) _ArrayDisplay($aArrayLogFile) Also tried
      RunWait("C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Get-Content "&$sLogDirFile&" | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 "&$sConvertedLog,$sLogDir) and
      ShellExecuteWait("C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe"," -Command Get-Content "&$sLogDirFile&" | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 "&$sConvertedLog,$sLogDir) Tried without -Command and a bunch of other parameters that were sprinkled throughout the internet from people trying to get this to work.
      Thanks
      Jibs
    • user4157124
      By user4157124
      As they're opinion-based to some degree; how are AutoIt's best practices decided and do suggestions get considered?
      Some suggestions :
      For...To...Step...Next -loop variable-naming like $iN ($i1, $i2, etc.) : conforms to recommended naming convention, identifies level (albeit inverted to ExitLoop and ContinueLoop's convention) and enables SciTE selection-highlighting (requires minimum of 3 characters). Minimize logic in global scope, separate data & settings from logic, use of vertical space, project organization (folder structure, resource- and include file management). Example (loop variable-naming, minimizing logic in global scope and separation of settings from logic) :
      #include <Array.au3> Global Enum $RANDOM_RETURNFLOAT, _ $RANDOM_RETURNINTEGER Global Enum $EXITCODE_NONE Global Const $g_sChar0 = '-' Global Const $g_sChar1 = '+' Global Const $g_iAmountX = 10 Global Const $g_iAmountY = $g_iAmountX Main() Func Main() Local $aArray[$g_iAmountY][$g_iAmountX] For $i1 = 0 To $g_iAmountY - 1 For $i2 = 0 To $g_iAmountX - 1 $aArray[$i1][$i2] = Random(0, 1, $RANDOM_RETURNINTEGER) ? $g_sChar1 : $g_sChar0 Next Next _ArrayDisplay($aArray) Exit $EXITCODE_NONE EndFunc Example (project organization) :
      + project_folder + bak [backup files] + bin [distributed binaries and dependencies] + inc [non-standard include files] + res [resource files (icons, file+install files, etc.)] + usr [configuration files, databases, etc.] - script.au3 - script.exe Example (use of vertical space) :
      Func _DigitalRoot($iNum) Local $sNum = '' Local $aNum While $iNum > 9 $sNum = String($iNum) $aNum = StringSplit($sNum, '') $iNum = 0 For $i1 = 1 To $aNum[0] $iNum += Int($aNum[$i1]) Next WEnd Return $iNum EndFunc
    • ur
      By ur
      I am maintaining all the reusable code in a separate file as library.au3.
      In that file I have referenced some dependent files using fileinstall, so that they will be extracted when necessary.

Problem is, if I use a function in the library.au3 in another script which doesn't require this dependent file, as I am including the whole file using include tag, it is embedding that file also.
      Is there any way to exclude that.

• AppSoftwareVld
      By AppSoftwareVld
      Hello,

I need this for a project and I don't find a method for the next problem.
      I want when I click a button to create a variable ("$variable1") so if I press one more time to create one more ("$variable2") and create more and more how many times you press the button.

Do you have an idea ? 
      Thank you for your attention !