satanico64

consolewrite extended fonctionnality, jump to file.

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys ! nice to see you again !

Here it is:

In my scripts, i use several include files. (about 20).

For debugs, i would like to use ConsoleWrite('(5) : Clic pour aller à la ligne.' & @crlf  )

But it only jump in the file currently opened. ( i have about 10 au3 file opened in scite, and if i click, it jump to line 5 of the current one ). :mad:

It would have be nice to ask: ConsoleWrite('(5,awesomefile.au3) : Clic pour aller à la ligne.' & @crlf  ). Or simply it would go to the line 5 of the script where the command was.

Have you found a tip for that ?

thanks !

have fun

\,,/  Nicolas  \,,/

HI Satanico64:

I have found this workaround .

ConsoleWrite(@ScriptDir  &  '\myfile.au3('  &  @ScriptLineNumber  &  ',1) : WARNING: '  &  @crlf )

I have found this workaround .

ConsoleWrite(@ScriptDir  &  '\myfile.au3('  &  @ScriptLineNumber  &  ',1) : WARNING: '  &  @crlf )

It is much easier to load the Full SciTE4AutoIt3 version and do Alt+d on the given variable or Functions.
One caveat with your ConsoleWrite line is when the filename contains spaces or brackets.  That is why I have put double quote support around the filename in my version of SciTE, and added those to Tidy and au3check. 

ConsoleWrite('"' & @ScriptDir  &  '\myfile.au3"('  &  @ScriptLineNumber  &  ',1) : WARNING: '  &  @crlf )

Jos

1 person likes this

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

It is much easier to load the Full SciTE4AutoIt3 version and do Alt+d on the given variable or Functions.

@Jos     I like the Alt+d    Question: Is it possible to add the @extended value to the consolewrite? Where to alter the property file?

My UDFs, Abbrevs and Snippets
If you like my post, just click the like button :) 

These are the defaults defined in au3.properties:

## Debug Output Options (to permanent change your selection copy them to SciTEUser.Properties and change it there
# Debug MessageBox Option 2="All"  1="No @extended"   0="No @extended & @error".
debug.msgbox.option=0
# Debug Console Option    3="All"  2="No SystemTime"  1="No SystemTime & Return"  0="No SystemTime, Return & Error".
debug.console.option=1
# Debug Trace Option      3="All"  2="No SystemTime"  1="No SystemTime & Return"  0="No SystemTime, Return & Error".
debug.trace.option=1
# extra propery used by AutoItAutoComplete.LUA to totally disable AutoComplete when set to 1

So just copy this line and put that in your SciTEUser.properties:

# Debug Console Option    3="All"  2="No SystemTime"  1="No SystemTime & Return"  0="No SystemTime, Return & Error".
debug.console.option=3

Jos

1 person likes this

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi

ALD+D is not useful if you have many files, and the consolewrite is in a file that is not the main .

when I do ALD+d ( and im using the full SciTE4AutoIt3  version) I get

ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $hFile= ' & $hFile& @crlf ) 

the script name is not added, and even if I edit the properties file, to add @scriptdir or  @ScriptFullPath    is the main au3 file  that the script runs.

correct me if im wrong

thanks

Correct, it's intent is to do debugging and doesn't add file info as that is not needed in most cases.
You are welcome to make any modifications you want personally. ;)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• fosil
      By fosil
      Hi everyone.

I'm currently working a program that constantly prints out log files through "consolewrite" and the "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y" wrapper.

Part of this program requires me to run a batch script.

My issue is the batch script launches from the same window as consolewrite. I need the batch file to be launched through a different window as currently this causes an issue with the logs (which need to be very precise) but also causes the batch file to produce some funny behavior...

Does anyone know how I can force the file to run on a second DOS window?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: Im using the "run" command if that helps. I tried "shellexecute" but that seemed to not launch the batch scripts at all.
    • rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      I might be doing something wrong but I'm running a CUI compiled application in Powershell ISE and it's not outputting unicode characters in the console. I for a fact Powershell ISE supports unicode so I'm thinking it's something with AutoIt. Does ConsoleWrite just not output Unicode? Do CUI compiled applications run inside the old Windows Console when executed through Powershell? is there something else preventing this?
    • Reizvoller
      By Reizvoller
      Hello!
      So I have a little script here 
      Func getThe () Local $nearPix = 0123 Local $winPos = WinGetPos ($workWin) FFSaveBMP ("yBarPosArea", "True" , 600, 239, 600, 555, 30, $workWin) $nearPix = FFNearestPixel (600, 220, "0xC1C1C1" , False, $workWin) If $nearPix == 0123 Then ConsoleWrite ("No val for NearPix") ElseIf $nearPix <> 0123 Then ConsoleWrite ("Val is there") ConsoleWrite ($nearPix[0]&","&$nearPix[1]&@CR) EndIf EndFunc And when it comes time to run it I get a return of 
      When it says "non-accessible variable" , what is it meaning by that? The scope is "Local" and it is within the same function. The variable was even referenced in the step right before the one throwing the error. Any insight would be thoroughly appreciated. Thank you!
    • BinaryBrother
      By BinaryBrother
      Here is my code. Adopted from a post UEZ made.
      _GenerateUID() Func _GenerateUID() Local $lReturn, $lDriveSerial,$lRandomSeed = "" Local $lChr[2] For $N = 1 To 32 $lChr[0] = Chr(Random(65, 90, 1)) ;A-Z $lChr[1] = Chr(Random(48, 57, 1)) ;0-9 $lRandomSeed &= $lChr[Random(0, 1, 1)] Next $lDriveSerial = DriveGetSerial(StringLeft(@WindowsDir, 3)) $lReturn = StringToBinary($lRandomSeed & $lDriveSerial) ConsoleWrite($lReturn) ;<--- Is printed as a String. ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & $lReturn & @CRLF) ;<--- Printed properly as Binary? Return $lReturn EndFunc ;==>_GenerateUID Output:
      --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop V9P03Y144OZW38YC80IW1IJXWH4003501486415223 0x5639503033593134344F5A57333859433830495731494A58574834303033353031343836343135323233 +>10:40:52 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0 +>10:40:52 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 0 Time: 0.544
      Whenever ConsoleWrite is fed pure binary, it will output it as a string. Whenever a string is mixed with the binary, it outputs the binary as binary.
      I found this especially confusing when I consulted the Help Documents for an answer...

I'm sure I'm missing something, as usual. As always, thanks for your time!
    • javiwhite
      By javiwhite
      Hi All,
      I've been experimenting with the colour options for the SciTE script editor included with AutoIT's full installation, and seem to be having a bit of trouble achieving the colours I'm after....
      After reading the given documentation for ConsoleWrite (the function i'm trying to use), I can see that the default colours are chosen with the following parameters:
      ! = Red > = Blue - = Orange + = Green However, I'm receiving the following;

As you can see, the output is still formatted with colours, Only they're not what I was expecting.
      I assume this is a setting in SciTE rather than the AutoIT language, Has anyone come across any settings within SciTE regarding console colouring? I've been through various properties and settings for SciTE. but can't seem to find anything that references console or colour.
      May sound like i'm grasping at straws a bit here, But I'm after formatting certain outputs with red text more than anything.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Kind Regards
      Javi.