Issue with displaying GUICtrlCreateRadio in a GUICtrlSetOnEvent script

byarotsky

I am working on a script that pulls the current time from the internet and then reads contents from our backup server based on the month and week folders that are already created. This script will ultimate pass variables to another program that will restore the data from the respective folder to the computer that the script it running on. The script is built to find the 'windows' folders in the server structure which is \\server\serverfolder\01_16\3week

\\server\serverfolder - is the server share

01_16 - is month and year as to sort properly

3week - is obviously the week

Within the week folder there are user folders (eg. bsmith, jdoe, ganderson), in these folders are backups of full hard drives with include the windows folder which we are looking for.The script is running and is fully function the first time that it is run. I have also added a back button so if for some reason you are in the wrong list of folders you can navigate to the correct folder and then show the results again.

The issue I am having is that I can show the contents and everything works well, unless I use the back button and navigate to a different set of folders (different week). The radio buttons do not respond properly. They will show both incorrect data and the count of radio buttons is not being updated.

I have attempted to look for a solution and have tried many different ideas, but I just don't fully understand how a GUICtrlCreateRadio in a for loop with GUICtrlSetOnEvent should work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for the messy code.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _GetTimeOnline
; Description ...: Retrieve the current date and time from TimeAPI.org.
; Syntax ........: _GetTimeOnline($iTimeZone)
; Parameters ....: $iTimeZone           - An integer value of the timezone .
;                  0 - UTC (Universal Time)
;                  1 - EST (Eastern Time)
;                  2 - CST (Central Time)
;                  3 - MST (Mountain Time)
;                  4 - PST (Pacific Time)
;                  5 - AKST (Alaska Time)
;                  6 - HAST (Hawaii-Aleutian Time)
; Return values .: Success: Returns the current Date and Time in the format YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS
;                  Failure: Sets @error to non-zero and returns the same format as a successful return but using the system time.
; Author ........: guinness
; Link ..........: According to http://www.programmableweb.com/api/timeapi, this is for non-commercial use.
; Example .......: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================

Opt("GUIResizeMode", 1)
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

Global $vGUI_V = 450
Global $vGUI_ = 400
Local $ServerPath = "\\vault\backups\"
Local $aFileList, $Current_Radio, $CurrentMonthFolder
Local $Current_Gui = GUICreate("Test", 450, 400)
Local $GuiBack = GUICtrlCreateButton("Back", 200, 250, 40, 40)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Please select the Windows folder to use", 20, 20)

GUICtrlSetOnEvent($GuiBack, "BackPressed")
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "SpecialEvents")
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE, "SpecialEvents")
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_RESTORE, "SpecialEvents")

_GetTimeOnline(2) ;Central time zone
_SelectFolder()

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Exit

Func _GetTimeOnline($iTimeZone)
    ; Retrieve the current time from TimeAPI.org.  Ideal if your Windows clock is out of sync.
    Local $aTimeZone[7] = ['utc', 'est', 'cst', 'mst', 'pst', 'akst', 'hast']
    Local $sRead = BinaryToString(InetRead('http://www.timeapi.org/' & $aTimeZone[$iTimeZone] & '/now?format=\Y/\m/\d%20/\H:\M:\S'))
    If @error Then
        SetError(1, 0, @YEAR & '/' & @MON & '/' & @MDAY & '/' & @HOUR & ':' & @MIN & ':' & @SEC)
    EndIf
    Local $aDays = StringSplit($sRead, "/") ; Split the string of days using the delimiter "," and the default flag value.
    ;    For $i = 1 To $aDays[0] ; Loop through the array returned by StringSplit to display the individual values.
    ;        MsgBox(4096, "", "$aDays[" & $i & "] - " & $aDays[$i])
    ;    Next
    $CurrentMonthFolder = $ServerPath & $aDays[2] & "_" & StringTrimLeft($aDays[1], 2) & "\" & Ceiling((@MDAY + (7 - @WDAY)) / 7) & "week"
EndFunc   ;==>_GetTimeOnline

Func _SelectFolder()

Local Const $sMessage = "Select users folder to restore data from:"

; Display an open dialog to select a file.
    Local $sFileSelectFolder = FileSelectFolder($sMessage, $CurrentMonthFolder)

If @error Then
        ; Display the error message.
        ; MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No folder was selected.")
        Exit
    Else
        ; Display the selected folder.
        ; MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "You chose the following folder:" & @CRLF & $sFileSelectFolder)
        $aFileList = _FileListToArrayRec($sFileSelectFolder, "Windows", 14, -3, $FLTAR_SORT)
        If @error = 1 Then
            MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Path was invalid or Windows folder not found.")
            _SelectFolder()
        EndIf
        If @error = 9 Then
            MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were found.")
            _SelectFolder()
        EndIf
    EndIf
    $CurrentMonthFolder = $sFileSelectFolder
    _ShowGui()
EndFunc   ;==>_SelectFolder

Func _ShowGui()
    Local $startline = 20
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(4096, "ERROR", "Error occured, no INI or incorrect Sections")
    Else
        For $i = 1 To $aFileList[0]
            $Current_Radiou = GUICtrlCreateRadio($aFileList[$i], 25, $startline + 20 * $i, 400)
            GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "myEvent") ; This will tell us which radio was clicked
        Next
    EndIf
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Current_Gui)
EndFunc   ;==>_ShowGui

Func BackPressed()
;    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Go Pressed", "ID=" & @GUI_CtrlId & " WinHandle=" & @GUI_WinHandle & " CtrlHandle=" & @GUI_CtrlHandle)
    GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Current_Gui)
    _SelectFolder()
EndFunc   ;==>BackPressed

Func myEvent()
    For $x = 1 To $aFileList[0] + 6 ; this is broken
        If GUICtrlRead($x) = 1 Then MsgBox(0, GUICtrlRead($x), GUICtrlRead($x, 1)) ;this is the path to the profile
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>myEvent

Func SpecialEvents()
    Select
        Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
;           MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Close Pressed", "ID=" & @GUI_CtrlId & " WinHandle=" & @GUI_WinHandle)
            Exit
        Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE
;           MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Window Minimized", "ID=" & @GUI_CtrlId & " WinHandle=" & @GUI_WinHandle)
        Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE
;           MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Window Restored", "ID=" & @GUI_CtrlId & " WinHandle=" & @GUI_WinHandle)
    EndSelect
EndFunc   ;==>SpecialEvents

In OnEventMode you can use @GuiCtrlID to identify the Control which fired the event. So you can use:

MsgBox(0, GUICtrlRead(@GUI_CtrlId), GUICtrlRead(@GUI_CtrlId, 1)) in your func myEvent.

The ControlId you read with $aFileList[0] + 6 maybe wrong when the func ShowGui is executed more then once.

You must also delete the current radios before creating the new radios.

So it's a good idea to store the ControlId's in an array.

Here the complete script:

dynamicRadios.au3

dynamicRadios.au3

Edited by AutoBert