[Solved] URL encode with " " quote and space from $cmdline

Simpel

Hi, I'm trying url encoding:

Func _URIEncode($sData)
    ; Prog@ndy
    Local $aData = StringSplit(BinaryToString(StringToBinary($sData, 4), 1), "")
    Local $nChar
    $sData = ""
    For $i = 1 To $aData[0]
        $nChar = Asc($aData[$i])
        Switch $nChar
            Case 45, 46, 48 To 57, 65 To 90, 95, 97 To 122, 126
                $sData &= $aData[$i]
            Case 32
                $sData &= "%20" ; I changed from + to %20
            Case Else
                $sData &= "%" & Hex($nChar, 2)
        EndSwitch
    Next
    Return $sData
EndFunc   ;==>_URIEncode

But when I put in this:

$sData = $cmdline[2] ; = Global $cPasteName = $aFileName[3] & $aFileName[4] & " " & $sTime
_URlEncode($sData)

and decode it back to check it than I get this:

Global $cPasteName = $aFileName[3] & $aFileName[4] &

So what is happening with the rest after the quotes and space?

Regards, Conrad

Edited by Simpel
be more precise + changed title to [solved] and precise
SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

I'm not seeing that line in the code you posted. Perhaps you need to explain what is going on in your script with more of an explanation, because as it stands you aren't making any sense.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Ok. I mark some text in my source code. Then I start via SciTE command a tool that brings that marked text to pastebin.

So this marked text is inside of $cmdline[2] including all quotes and even " " with some space in it e.g. to part two variables in a messagebox.

When I now call

urlencode($cmdline[2])

it should be urlencoded this way:

Global%20%24cPasteName%20%3D%20%24aFileName%5B3%5D%20%26%20%24aFileName%5B4%5D%20%26%20%22%20%22%20%26%20%24sTime

But it will be:

Global%20%24cPasteName%20%3D%20%24aFileName%5B3%5D%20%26%20%24aFileName%5B4%5D%20%26%20%

When I decode it later to check then I miss some content:

Global $cPasteName = $aFileName[3] & $aFileName[4] &

It had to be:

Global $cPasteName = $aFileName[3] & $aFileName[4] & " " & $sTime

Now it's a bit more clear?

Conrad

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

9 minutes ago, Simpel said:

Now it's a bit more clear?

Not in the slightest. Please post the whole script, or a reproducer that shows the problem.

I'm getting that you're trying to send a URL to the function, but what you're getting back isn't clear to me or what that Global $cPasteName is or where you're getting the data from.

Without seeing the script with the problem, I'd be guessing at best.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I have a little snippet of autoit code no matter what in the clipboard. At this point it is interesting that there is a qoutation mark followed by a space and another quotation mark. Example:

MsgBox(0, "test", $someVariable & " " & $anotherVariable) ; This I put into the clipboard with <Strg>+<C>

This snippet I will url-encode to post it. So I have to urlencode the content of the clipboard.

Local $sDate = ClipGet()
Local $sURlData = urlencode($sData) ; Take one of the url encoding funcs from post 1 you want
ConsoleWrite($sURlData)

Result should be:

MsgBox(0%2C%20%22test%22%2C%20%24someVariable%20%26%20%22%20%22%20%26%20%24anotherVariable)

But it will be:

MsgBox(0%2C%20%22test%22%2C%20%24someVariable%20%26%20

Conrad

Are i'm wrong or you mean HTML-Encode/Decode. This is a URL/Querystring: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Query_string#URL_encoding

This: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_encodings_in_HTML is also a URL with querystring and explains how to en-/decode data in the way (i think) you want to do.

Read both and try to understand why URLen-/decoding is the wrong way.

Edited by AutoBert

Hi AutoBert. What I'm looking for is presented in your first link.

I have to change my clipboard content to a url/querystring.

All these three (_URL_Encode ; _URlEncode ; urlencode funcs from the first post) do this. But all these stop if the data in the clipboard sending to the urlencoding contains

'" "'.

10 minutes ago, Simpel said:

Hi AutoBert. What I'm looking for is presented in your first link.

I have to change my clipboard content to a url/querystring.

All these three (_URL_Encode ; _URlEncode ; urlencode funcs from the first post) do this. But all these stop if the data in the clipboard sending to the urlencoding contains

'" "'.

I have tested @Progandy _URiEncode: ConsoleWrite(_URIEncode('Global $cPasteName = $aFileName[3] & $aFileName[4]' & " " & '21:13')&@CRLF)
and the console output: Global%20%24cPasteName%20%3D%20%24aFileName%5B3%5D%20%26%20%24aFileName%5B4%5D%2021%3A13 shows me the string is complete, When you use @Progandy's URiDecode

the String will be the same as the origin which was encoded. 

@AutoBert: You manually put some single quotes inside the content. Try this:

; Just to have no problems running the compiler
Local $sFileName[4]
Local $sTime
; ----------

; Put the next line into windows clipboard with <Strg><C> - It's just a snippet I want to send via querystring e.g. to pastebin. 
Global $cPasteName = $aFileName[3] & $aFileName[4] & " " & $sTime

; Run all with F5
Local $sDate = ClipGet()
Local $sURlData = urlencode($sData) ; Take one of the url encoding funcs from post 1 you want
ConsoleWrite($sURlData)

What is your result? I guess it is:

Global%20%24cPasteName%20%3D%20%24aFileName%5B3%5D%20%26%20%24aFileName%5B4%5D%20%26%20%

But it has to be:

Global%20%24cPasteName%20%3D%20%24aFileName%5B3%5D%20%26%20%24aFileName%5B4%5D%20%26%20%22%20%22%20%26%20%24sTime

Why is this missing?

22%20%22%20%26%20%24sTime

Conrad

I can't try your's because of your not filled variables. The UriEnCode and the URiDecode func form @Progandy are working proberly together, the erorr is somewher else in your script. I think the variable $sTime is only declared but not populated. To get that what you want it had to be: $Time='$Time'

Make  a small runable reproducer script (with no useraction, use ClipPut instead) where the errors occur. 

Edited by AutoBert

Hi,

now I found my mistake. First of all all three urlencodings are correct.

Try this:

;       This is just some text & " " & some more    <--- Put it into the parameters. Goto view - parameters or <Shift><F8>.

Local $sCmdData
Local $sURlData
If $cmdline[0] > 1 Then
    For $i = 1 To $cmdline[0]
        $sCmdData &= $cmdline[$i]
        $sURlData &= _URIEncode($cmdline[$i])
    Next
    ConsoleWrite("$cmdlineraw: " & $cmdlineraw & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite("_URIEncode($cmdlineraw): " & _URIEncode($cmdlineraw) & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite("$cmdline[1]: " & $cmdline[1] & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite("$cmdline[7]: " & $cmdline[7] & "|||" & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite("$sCmdData: " & $sCmdData & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite("$sURlData: " & $sURlData & @CRLF)
Else
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Nothing in $cmdlineraw. Put the first line into the parameters. Goto view - parameters or <Shift><F8>." & @CRLF & @CRLF)
EndIf
Exit

Func _URIEncode($sData)
    ; Prog@ndy
    Local $aData = StringSplit(BinaryToString(StringToBinary($sData, 4), 1), "")
    Local $nChar
    $sData = ""
    For $i = 1 To $aData[0]
        $nChar = Asc($aData[$i])
        Switch $nChar
            Case 45, 46, 48 To 57, 65 To 90, 95, 97 To 122, 126
                $sData &= $aData[$i]
            Case 32
                $sData &= "%20" ; I changed to %20 instead of +
            Case Else
                $sData &= "%" & Hex($nChar, 2)
        EndSwitch
    Next
    Return $sData
EndFunc   ;==>_URIEncode

Console output:

01  $cmdlineraw: /ErrorStdOut "C: ... au3" This is just some text & " " & some more   
02  _URIEncode($cmdlineraw): %2FErrorStdOut%20%22C%3A ... au3%22%20This%20is%20just%20some%20text%20%26%20%22%20%22%20%26%20some%20more%20%20%20
03  $cmdline[1]: This
04  $cmdline[7]:  |||
05  $sCmdData: Thisisjustsometext& &somemore
06  $sURlData: Thisisjustsometext%26%20%26somemore

As I said earlier I had some text (snippets of autoit) inside $cmdline.

I didn't know that every space inside $cmdlineraw will set the next part of it into another array field of $cmdline[x]. So a space seemed to work as a delimiter.

Console output #03 shows that only "This" is inside $cmdline[1]. Because of the following space "is" is inside $cmdline[2].

Now the riddle with " " is solved for me. $cmdline[7] contains " ". This preserves the space because it's written in quotes. You can see it in console output #04.

#05 shows the whole $cmdline[x] together. That's not what I wanted.

So I have to change my code to use only $cmdlineraw. Are there clear rules what $cmdlineraw is containing before the first parameter.

How can I trim it to only all parameters?

Regards, Conrad

Edited by Simpel