Hello. 

Not sure this is the right forum. If I'm wrong, please, let me know.

I have a task that I really don't know where to begin at. I have a legacy application built in VB6 (yeah, I know) and lately it has been reported to slow down some of the hours of the day and I'm supposed to have a end-user-experience log for this.

I have worked with IE before, doing things like _IEFormGetCollection, then _IEFormElementGetCollection, and manipulating @extended tags, also, _IEFormElementGetObjByName_IEFormElementSetValue and _IEFormSubmit at the end. Another example is _IEImgGetCollection, then working with the variable properties, like $xyz.src.

What I need to do is basically the same.

- Collecting GUIForms or elements and Setting values into forms (like _IEFormElementSetValue) 

- Submitting the info to generate an order on another frame of the GUI, and measure the timing.

What I need to know:

What function or section to be based upon. I have searched in the help file for over a hour with no luck. I've found some stuff within _WinAPI, GDIPlus, and GUIReference, though I wasn't able to find a suitable function to work with this. I have also searched and read some topics in our forum, but most of them refers to AutoIt GUIs. If I missed something, please, educate me.

Of course, I'll post whatever I can share about what could be helpful for other users.

Just a server analyst that has never been into programming that much. So, small fish here :)

4 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

I think you are using the AutoITX to create a OCX, i don't know AutoITX is able to use ControlClick and ControlSend.

If you are unsure on a particular topic, why not let others weigh in, rather than posting just to say you don't know ;) 

4 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

If you are unsure on a particular topic, why not let others weigh in, rather than posting just to say you don't know ;) 

Well, I won't do that next time. I figured since it did not consume considerable time to write, read or space in the topic relative storage... haha.

11 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

I think you are using the AutoITX to create a OCX, i don't know AutoITX is able to use ControlClick and ControlSend.

Afterwards, I stumbled in something called IUI Automation, still haven't quite figured it out yet, but it seems to be a better solution for what I've done so far. Anyway, I'll keep working. I'll post some progress afterwards. 

Just a server analyst that has never been into programming that much. So, small fish here :)

Just now, JLogan3o13 said:

@DavidLago my comment was for AutoBert, not you.

Ah sorry. No prob. I'm used to see a lot of mods complaining about tiny post details around the web. I thought it was about the topic placement in the right forum... Anyway, don't worry.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jpomalley
      Hi all,
      Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the Windows "fade effect" that occurs when a window appears or disappears?
      It is possible for a user to disable visual effects in windows in general through the system properties > performance settings, but I am interested just in fixing it for a particular window that pops up in my app.
      I would like it to appear and disappear instantaneously, snapping in and out, out of nowhere, rather than the short (maybe 300 ms?) fade in/fade out effect that windows has.
      Thanks for any tips
      JP
    • By fastman
      I am struggling with activating the 2nd GUI.  References of https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Managing_Multiple_GUIs did not help.
      Gui2 and controls are created, but the buttons are not active.  I have tried to remove extra code.
      Thanks for any help.
      ; ; cabinet maker process to automate MasterCam ; ATP nesting process ; #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> ;#include <file.au3> ;#include <FileConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> ;#include <XML.au3>; If XML library is updated, note that this script requires that save file will overwrite an existing file Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; 1 = OnEvent mode Opt("WinWaitDelay", 500) ; milliseconds Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1) Opt("WinSearchChildren", 1) Global $hMainGUI Global $hMainGUI2 Func GetAllWindowsControls($hCallersWindow, $bOnlyVisible = Default, $sStringIncludes = Default, $sClass = Default) If Not IsHWnd($hCallersWindow) Then ConsoleWrite("$hCallersWindow must be a handle...provided=[" & $hCallersWindow & "]" & @CRLF) Return False EndIf ; Get all list of controls If $bOnlyVisible = Default Then $bOnlyVisible = True If $sStringIncludes = Default Then $sStringIncludes = "" If $sClass = Default Then $sClass = "" $sClassList = WinGetClassList($hCallersWindow) ; Create array $aClassList = StringSplit($sClassList, @CRLF, 2) ; Sort array _ArraySort($aClassList) _ArrayDelete($aClassList, 0) ; Loop $iCurrentClass = "" $iCurrentCount = 1 $iTotalCounter = 1 If StringLen($sClass) > 0 Then For $i = UBound($aClassList) - 1 To 0 Step -1 If $aClassList[$i] <> $sClass Then _ArrayDelete($aClassList, $i) EndIf Next EndIf For $i = 0 To UBound($aClassList) - 1 If $aClassList[$i] = $iCurrentClass Then $iCurrentCount += 1 Else $iCurrentClass = $aClassList[$i] $iCurrentCount = 1 EndIf $hControl = ControlGetHandle($hCallersWindow, "", "[CLASSNN:" & $iCurrentClass & $iCurrentCount & "]") $text = StringRegExpReplace(ControlGetText($hCallersWindow, "", $hControl), "[\n\r]", "{@CRLF}") $aPos = ControlGetPos($hCallersWindow, "", $hControl) $sControlID = _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($hControl) $bIsVisible = ControlCommand($hCallersWindow, "", $hControl, "IsVisible") If $bOnlyVisible And Not $bIsVisible Then $iTotalCounter += 1 ContinueLoop EndIf If StringLen($sStringIncludes) > 0 Then If Not StringInStr($text, $sStringIncludes) Then $iTotalCounter += 1 ContinueLoop EndIf EndIf If IsArray($aPos) Then ;ConsoleWrite("ControlID=[" & StringFormat("%5s", $sControlID) & "] Handle=[" & StringFormat("%10s", $hControl) & "] ClassNN=[" & StringFormat("%19s", $iCurrentClass & $iCurrentCount) & "] XPos=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[0]) & "] YPos=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[1]) & "] Width=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[2]) & "] Height=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[3]) & "] IsVisible=[" & $bIsVisible & "] Text=[" & $text & "]." & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("Func=[GetAllWindowsControls]: ControlCounter=[" & StringFormat("%3s", $iTotalCounter) & "] ControlID=[" & StringFormat("%5s", $sControlID) & "] Handle=[" & StringFormat("%10s", $hControl) & "] ClassNN=[" & StringFormat("%19s", $iCurrentClass & $iCurrentCount) & "] XPos=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[0]) & "] YPos=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[1]) & "] Width=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[2]) & "] Height=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[3]) & "] IsVisible=[" & $bIsVisible & "] Text=[" & $text & "]." & @CRLF) Else ;ConsoleWrite("ControlID=[" & StringFormat("%5s", $sControlID) & "] Handle=[" & StringFormat("%10s", $hControl) & "] ClassNN=[" & StringFormat("%19s", $iCurrentClass & $iCurrentCount) & "] XPos=[winclosed] YPos=[winclosed] Width=[winclosed] Height=[winclosed] Text=[" & $text & "]." & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("Func=[GetAllWindowsControls]: ControlCounter=[" & StringFormat("%3s", $iTotalCounter) & "] ControlID=[" & StringFormat("%5s", $sControlID) & "] Handle=[" & StringFormat("%10s", $hControl) & "] ClassNN=[" & StringFormat("%19s", $iCurrentClass & $iCurrentCount) & "] XPos=[winclosed] YPos=[winclosed] Width=[winclosed] Height=[winclosed] Text=[" & $text & "]." & @CRLF) EndIf If Not WinExists($hCallersWindow) Then ExitLoop $iTotalCounter += 1 Next ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "title", "check console for control list") EndFunc ;==>GetAllWindowsControls ; ======= Func GetAllWindowsControls($hCallersWindow, $bOnlyVisible = Default, $sStringIncludes = Default, $sClass = Default) ========= Func setNestingOverlay() $ovrWidth = 400 $ovrHeight = 60 $ovrLeft = -1 ;$mcamWindow[0] + $nestControlRelative[0] $ovrTop = -1;$mcamWindow[1] + $nestControlRelative[1]+ 10 $hMainGUI = GUICreate("covering mastercam buttons", $ovrWidth, $ovrHeight, $ovrLeft, $ovrTop, -1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "CloseButton2") Local $iOKButton1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Continue to gui2", 20, 20, 80) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iOKButton1, "NestResultButtonOverlay") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hMainGUI) GetAllWindowsControls(WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]")) ;loop to monitor button click While 1 Sleep(50) ; Sleep to reduce CPU usage WEnd ConsoleWrite(" exit loop setNestingOverlay") EndFunc ;==>setNestingOverlay ;=== 2nd gui ======= 2nd gui ======= 2nd gui ======= 2nd gui ======= 2nd gui ======= 2nd gui ==== func NestResultButtonOverlay() $ovrWidth = -1;$mcamWindow[2] - 10 $ovrHeight = 70 ;40 $ovrLeft = -1 ;$mcamWindow[0] + 5 ;+ $nestControlRelative[0] $ovrTop = -1 ;$mcamWindow[1] + $nestControlRelative[1]+ 10 $hMainGUI2 = GUICreate("gui2-- covering nest result buttons", $ovrWidth, $ovrHeight, $ovrLeft, $ovrTop, -1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) ;width, height, left, top ;GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE + @SW_MINIMIZE, $hMainGUI) ;GUISwitch($hMainGUI2) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "CloseButton2") local $iBackNestingButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Back to Nesting", 20, 10, 120) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iBackNestingButton, "backtoNesting") Local $iOKButton2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Continue for g-Code", 160, 10, 120) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "generateGCode") ;GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iOKButton2, "generateGCode") Local $iDoneButton2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Oops go back to vortex", 300, 10, 120) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iDoneButton2, "CloseButton2") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hMainGUI2) GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE + @SW_MINIMIZE, $hMainGUI) GUISwitch($hMainGUI2) GetAllWindowsControls(WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]")) While 1 Sleep(50) ; Sleep to reduce CPU usage WEnd ConsoleWrite(" exit loop NestResultButtonOverlay") EndFunc ;==>setNestingOverlay func backtoNesting() msgbox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "gui2","backtoNesting") EndFunc Func CloseButton2() msgbox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "gui2","CloseButton2") Exit EndFunc func generateGCode() msgbox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "gui2","generateGCode") EndFunc ; =========== main =========== main =========== main =========== main =========== main =========== main setNestingOverlay()  
    • By Blueman
      Hey Guys,
      Maybe you can help me with something small.
      It is not terrible but it slows down my script and after a while even crash the script.

First i explain what i have;
      I have a GUI with a lot of GUICtrlCreateInput controls, lets say 600 pieces.
      All the controls are hidden when the GUI is displayed, i have 3 buttons attached to 200 pieces each.
      When i press button-1 the first 200 controls are showed,
      When i press button-2 the first 200 controls are hidden and the next 200 controls are showed,
      etc, etc.
      This is working perfectly but after a while the GUI is getting slower and slower.
      After a while the controls aren't responding anymore and the script crashes.
      When i compile the script to 64-Bits version the speed is a lot better but you can still see the script slowing down each time i use the buttons.
      I think there has to be a buffer somewhere that is filling each time i show and hide the controls, but how can i clear that buffer without restarting the script?
      Deleting and re-creating the controls didn't help, deleting the entire gui (and controls) and re-creating it didn't help also.
      The only thing that is working is restarting the script.

Thanks guys!

PS: If you need a working example i can add it to this topic, just let me know. It is not rocket science, i just create the controls and show/hide them with a while loop and 3 buttons.

• By TheDcoder
      ProxAllium
      ProxAllium is a GUI frontend to Tor, it aims to make the usage of Tor easier by directly exposing its SOCK5 proxy which can be used to access the Tor network. The GUI is designed to be simple and user-friendly and it has a few other features... namely:
      Fully portable - doesn't write outside its own directory Integrated with Tor via the controller interface and properly communicates with it Minimize to tray Option to start with Windows Interface to configure bridges if Tor is censored in your region Many customization options are available via the config.ini file Screenshots:
      The code is made with pure AutoIt, is fully open source and you are free to adapt it to your needs
      The GitHub repository hosts all the releases and code. As a bonus it has a somewhat sparsely documented Tor UDF which can be used to control Tor, the code also demonstrates the proper usage of my Process UDF which might be interesting if you want to deal with processes.

As some of my friends know, I no longer use Windows as my main operating system. I switched to Linux a few months back as my primary operating system and haven't looked back since. Unfortunately that meant I could no longer use my own program due to it being Windows only... after a few months of playing around with C and making a basic program, I have decided to rewrite all of ProxAllium into C and make it cross-platform. Sadly this means that the AutoIt version of ProxAllium will not receive any major updates now.
      Let me know if this is something you guys would use, I used it daily with my IRC client to connect via Tor (to protect my I.P). I hope you enjoy using my program!
    • By morion84
      Hi, when I call a MsgBox function I can use a "$MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION" flag so it will be displayed "on the current active desktop, even if there is no user logged on to the computer.". That works just great. Is there a way to do the same to Autoit GUI Form so it will be visible on desktop even if running from system account and user is not logged?