Wicked_Caty

Wait until picture in chrome has loaded

2 posts in this topic

I've written a bot that is loading down  pictures from a website. Basically, it opens the website, saves the picture via context menu, and hits a button for loading the next pic. Unfortunately, the pics and my internet connection aren't always the same and it takes longer to load at times. Right now I've got a sleep(3000) in my code, but it isn't very efficient. I waste time if it loads faster than 3000ms, and the program fails if it takes more than 3000ms. So I wanted to make a function that waits until the picture has loaded, and then saves it. 

I don't know if that causes any problems with possible functions, but it isn't the tab that's loading. The loading circle doesn't appear. It's something on the website.

I've adapted to program to chrome, so I'd have to rewrite it partially for the IE functions, so it'd be nice if there was a solution for chrome. --- Thanks!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

first, without seeing your code and the website you are trying to work with, no one will be able to help you.

second, in my personal opinion, the IE UDF is much easier to work with than UI automation. but if you want to stick with chrome then....

Edited by alienclone

if @error Then
	MsgBox(262192,"",@ComputerName&" slaps "&@UserName&" around a bit with a large trout!")
	EndIf

>Exit code: 0

REAL search results

"Yeah yeah yeah, patience. How long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• fenhanxue
      By fenhanxue
      Q 1:
      How to judge whether the Chrome has been installed. How to get the complete route of chrome if it is installed?

Q 2:
      How to judge whether the Adobe Flash Player has been installed.
    • Pintu
      By Pintu
      Good evening guys,
      i'm having a problem, not about the code (i'm only thinking about it at the moment) but about the way i can do it.
      I have a webpage (photo N.1) it has some elements in it.
      I need only the table (photo N.2), looking at the code and with _IEFunctions i can easy find the table but how i can i "copy" it?
      As i said it's really easy to found with a script but what should i do then? Copy the source? And how can i display it to the user?
      In my head i'd like to display it inside a GUI, is that possible?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Posted 2 times same photo. Now should be OK

• ur
      By ur
      Is there anyway to check whether the script is launched already and wait till the other instance is closed and continue after that.

• FMS
      By FMS
      Hello,
      I'm trying to wright a automated process to show some URL's in chrome browsers on multiple screens.
      I've 4 screens and want to show on each screen another instance of chrome whit its own URL.
      In mine search on the site i din't find any topic for this specific problem.
      The way I was trying is something like :
      ShellExecute("chrome.exe", "http://URL1 --start-maximized") so I'll not see the addressbar but it was not opend full screen .
      I've some questions about this way:
      -Is there a way to maximize it on a dedicated screen ?
      (like URL1 on screen 1 , URL2 on screen 2 etc...)
      -Shellexecute will add a tab on a existing browser and will not open another instance, is there a way to work around this?
      Is there somebody who had the same problem whit chrome?
      thanks in advanced.
      edit: I've checked the chrome UDF but it din't same to get the job done....
    • UEZ
      By UEZ
      Here a small tool I wrote to update my Sysinternal tools collection without the need to download always the whole package or visiting the site to check for updates. I know that there are several tools available (also some tools written in AutoIt) but here another one for the collection. It was good exercise for me to code it.

Some files from cannot be downloaded although they are visible on the web site!

Here the download link of the source code only: AutoIt Sysinternal Tools Synchronizer v0.99.1 build 2017-10-23 beta.7z  (1353 downloads previously)
      -=> Requires AutoIt version 3.3.13.20 or higher / tested on Win8.1 real machine and some VMs: Win7 / Vista / Win10

Compiled exe only: @MediaFire

Just select the Sysinternal Tools folder or create one and press the synchronize button to download the selected items. Click on AutoIt label (near to left upper corner) to open menu.

Special thanks to LarsJ, Melba23 and mesale0077 for their help. 

I've still some ideas to implement which are more gimmick related, so it is not finished yet...
      If you want to add your language please check out #Region Language. Thanks. 

Please report any bug or if you have any suggestions.

The language of the tool tip from each of the executable in the left list view were automatically created using Google translator and weren't checked for correctness.

Br,
      UEZ