Wicked_Caty

Wait until picture in chrome has loaded

2 posts in this topic

I've written a bot that is loading down  pictures from a website. Basically, it opens the website, saves the picture via context menu, and hits a button for loading the next pic. Unfortunately, the pics and my internet connection aren't always the same and it takes longer to load at times. Right now I've got a sleep(3000) in my code, but it isn't very efficient. I waste time if it loads faster than 3000ms, and the program fails if it takes more than 3000ms. So I wanted to make a function that waits until the picture has loaded, and then saves it. 

I don't know if that causes any problems with possible functions, but it isn't the tab that's loading. The loading circle doesn't appear. It's something on the website.

I've adapted to program to chrome, so I'd have to rewrite it partially for the IE functions, so it'd be nice if there was a solution for chrome. --- Thanks!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

first, without seeing your code and the website you are trying to work with, no one will be able to help you.

second, in my personal opinion, the IE UDF is much easier to work with than UI automation. but if you want to stick with chrome then....

Edited by alienclone

if @error Then
	MsgBox(262192,"",@ComputerName&" slaps "&@UserName&" around a bit with a large trout!")
	EndIf

>Exit code: 0

REAL search results

"Yeah yeah yeah, patience. How long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• dilligence
      By dilligence
      Hello everyone,
      I could use some help with the following: 
      I'm a speech recognition user and recently I've started to use AutoIt for additional scripting because sometimes it works faster. 
      I would like to create an AutoIt script that will open the Chrome link on my desktop which is a a symbolic link, so that the Chrome cache is on my Ram drive:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disk-cache-dir="A:\Browser Cache"
      Next I want to send the website address, in this case: https://autochords.com/ (with SendKeys) to the address bar.
      Then another SendKeys to send Enter.
      I want to use this script when I'm working on my girlfriend's computer, where speech recognition isn't installed.
      I could use ShellExecute ("Chrome", "https://autochords.com/") but then it won't run via my ram drive.
      I am a Dragon NaturallySpeaking user. The program has a scripting language similar to VBA. In Dragon the command is as follows:
      HeardWord "open","chrome" ; HeardWord acts as if I literally said "open Chrome" this command opens any desktop shortcut no matter which window I'm working in.
      Wait 1500 
      SendKeys "https://autochords.com/"
      SendKeys "{Enter}"; these last three lines are similar to AutoIt language I think.....
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Rob

• Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      How can i add sleep command using internet speed.
      If my internet speed is 40-50Kbps then sleep for 5 seconds,
      If my internet speed is 30-40Kbps then sleep for 4 seconds,
      If my internet speed is 20-30Kbps then sleep for 3 seconds.

*Sleep command used bitween my costom script, Example,
      RunWait("rasdial /disconnect", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Stop connect from start
      Sleep(5000)
      RunWait("rasdial Internet", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Connect again

• Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      Please Somebody Help me i am trying to create new script but, i don't know how to create it.

I am Creating script like this :
      ; My script here [First Script]
      Check the internet connection, if internet connected then
      ; My Script here [Second Script]
      If internet not connected, wait for connect, after connected run my second script
      If Control id/windows/title matched do nothing and end/exit autoit script
      If Control id/windows/title not matched repeat my first and second script again until control id/windows/tittle not matched

match with :
      >>>> Window <<<<
      Title:    PS :: Version - 2.8.0.0  - [PS Bill]
      Class:    WindowsForm734a
      Position:    -8, -8
      Size:    1382, 744
      Style:    0x17CD0000
      ExStyle:    0x00050100
      Handle:    0x0000000000130572
      >>>> Control <<<<
      Class:    WindowsForm734a
      Instance:    15
      ClassnameNN:    WindowsForm34a15
      Name:    BillPrint
      Advanced (Class):    [NAME:BillPrint]
      ID:    7875
      Text:    
      Position:    39, 310
      Size:    1221, 306
      ControlClick Coords:    745, 20
      Style:    0x56010000
      ExStyle:    0x00000000
      Handle:    0x00000000000C0468

• Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      How can i stop/pause my internet connection for only 7 seconds, after 7 seconds automaticaly resume my internet.
      Please give me scripte
    • KimberlyJillPereira
      By KimberlyJillPereira
      Using the alarm received parameter how to search for the picture that matches the year month day hour min and sec and by the name of the .jpg file the jpg file naming format is first letter is always m followed by last two digits of year then two digit month two digit day two digit hour two digit minute and two digit second then get that picture and paste it in Microsoft Excel.How to do it? Please help me. Thank you.