Sign in to follow this  
khalidAltayaran

Need help to find old files on Files server

Hello,

I'm new here and new to AutoIT. This is an amazing tool and inspiring contributions from the members.

I would appreciate some help since I have little experience. 

We are looking for a script to run through a large file servers and build an HTML report detailing files, their age (more than a year), last access, and the person having full permission access...

Thank you....

khalidAltayaran,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

But I must point out that we do not provide scripts to order - we help you get your script running as you wish. Think of the old saying: "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; give a man a net and you feed him forever". We try to be net makers and repairers, not fishmongers.

So.....what have you coded so far yourself?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hello.

As a start, lookup the autoit help files for:

FileGetTime()

filefindfirstfile()

filefindnextfile()

$RootDir="C:\temp\"

$files=0
$dirs=0

SearchRecursive($RootDir)

MsgBox(0,"done",$files & " files in " & $dirs & " directories were scanned.")

Func SearchRecursive($_path)
    $dirs+=1
    Local $search=FileFindFirstFile($_path & "*.*")
    if $search=-1 Then ;nothing at all
        FileClose ($search)
        Return
    EndIf

while 1
        $next=FileFindNextFile($search)
        if @error Then
            ExitLoop ; done for this DIR
        if @extended Then
            SearchRecursive($_path & $next & "\")
        Else
            $files+=1
            ; get the info you are looking for
            ; and build your html page
        EndIf
    WEnd
    FileClose($search)
EndFunc

Regards, Rudi.

Edited by rudi

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WilliamasKumeliukas
      Hi,
      I started this project alone in May 2020 as project in my spare time at work, I'm working for a IT compagny that's started opening their services to residential customers few months ago and now my position in the company kinda drifted in the doom and gloom world of repetitive tasks like: Reinstallation of Windows 10.
      The procedure is very repetitive and I started feeling like being a robot which is the main reason I started this project.

==============================FAQ==================================
      1. Q: Do you want this project to be accomplished with the usage of AutoIT ONLY or 3rd party tools / Scripts (BAT / CMD / VBS) ? A: No, if I cannot find a way using AutoIT to accomplish a task I will move to my Plan B which consist of automating an 3rd party tool to accomplish the affected task until a solution is found. 2. Q: What do I get from helping/collaborating in this project? A: I will personally take the responsability to mention you in the credits of this project. 3. Q: If I have more questions, can I ask? A: Certainly! feel free to ask any questions related to this project! 4. Q: What is the main goal of this project? A: Automating Windows 10 configuration without user interaction needed (as much as possible) ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Current progression of the project (more might be added in future)
      « Blue = Info || Yellow = Unfinished/Untested || Purple = Could be better || Green = Done ||Red = Not Yet Started »
      *** Very early Stage ***
      Connect Network Attached Storage(NAS) (Tested & Working - AutoIT only)
      Install Adobe Reader DC, 7zip, Google Chrome (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      Change OEM Information (Tested & Working - contains both AutoIT version and CMD script)
      Disable ScreenSaver (Require testing AutoIT only)
      Change Computer Name (Require testing AutoIT only) 
      Change Default Browser (Work - using 3rd party tool)
      Change .pdf / .pdfxml from Edge to Adobe Reader DC (AutoIT only)
      Change Edge to Google Chrome as Default Browser (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      Windows Updates (Currently working on it - AutoIT only)
      Install Office 
      Activate Office (Tested on 2010 & Working - CMD Script)
      Pin to taskbar Excel, Outlook, Word, Chrome (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      GUI currently featuring the following options 
      - TreeView to check case of desired tasks
      -  Redirect ConsoleWrite with timestamp messages in richedit (errors shown in red text)
                 *** To Do ***
       - Read informations needed for tasks like: OEM, ComputerName, NAS user/password etc... from a file
       - ListView for Windows Updates
       - Probably more

***  If this project interest you, Reply here This will greatly help me to see if you'd like this project to become real  ***
      ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      2020.09.21 Update: Since this topic reached over 200+ views without a single interest shown by community, pm me and i'll share with you W10 Configurator script  

Best Regards,
      ~WilliamasKumeliukas
    • By WindIt
      Hi, 
      I have a set of excel docs 1& 2
      1) In Excel 1 i have a fixed column called dimensionId that contains list of dimensionid's with in between empty cells.
      Here, For each dimesionId, i need to check corresponding columns of L,M,N ,O(senior, mid, junior, student) & check If they contain letter Y (Open excel 2) and if empty ignore,check next.
      I need to loop through the entire column of dimensionId one by one, please help me proceed with the logic.
      2) If letter Y exists, open excel 2 and check if same dimesionId exists in column A.
      New to autoit excel automation, Help me with logic to execute this.
      #include <Excel.au3>
      Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
      Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, "D:\yta\Trial concept dimensions list.xlsx")
      Local $read1 = _Excel_RangeRead ($oWorkbook,Default,"C3")
      MsgBox(0,"",$read1)
      Attached exce 1 doc.

exl1.xlsx exl2.xlsx
    • By Earthshine
      This is pretty useful to me at least, I hope to others. Whenever you need to poke a button or such on a GUI, you can just make calls to this UDF and instruct it how long to wait, 0 is forever, anyway, let the code to the explaining. Feel free to help expand this UDF. I plan to create new ones as I go along that support all the Win32 and .NET Controls. Ultimately, I would like to be able to fully control any type of control, this works well with most. Just an example of what you can do.
      NOTE: Logger Author(s) .....: Michael Mims (zorphnog)
      ;                    the logging script can be obtained here
      ;                   https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/156196-log4a-a-logging-udf/

WaitForControls.au3 log4a.au3
    • By NassauSky
      Hi All,
      I think I'm so close to solving an automation problem but need that last bit of help. Anyone familiar with automation might know this answer.  The beginning of this code is a nice example from @IanN1990 which I dug into a little and found it's counting my tabs correctly in Chrome.  How may I print out each tab name (probably some sort of property in the automation object)
      #include "CUIAutomation2.au3" ; Window handle Local $hWindow = WinGetHandle( "[CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_1]" ) If Not IsHWnd( $hWindow ) Then Return ConsoleWrite( "$hWindow ERR" & @CRLF ) ConsoleWrite( "$hWindow OK" & @CRLF ) ; Activate window WinActivate( $hWindow ) Sleep( 100 ) ; UI Automation object Local $oUIAutomation = ObjCreateInterface( $sCLSID_CUIAutomation, $sIID_IUIAutomation, $dtagIUIAutomation ) If Not IsObj( $oUIAutomation ) Then Return ConsoleWrite( "$oUIAutomation ERR" & @CRLF ) ConsoleWrite( "$oUIAutomation OK" & @CRLF ) ; Desktop element Local $pDesktop, $oDesktop $oUIAutomation.GetRootElement( $pDesktop ) $oDesktop = ObjCreateInterface( $pDesktop, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement, $dtagIUIAutomationElement ) If Not IsObj( $oDesktop ) Then Return ConsoleWrite( "$oDesktop ERR" & @CRLF ) ConsoleWrite( "$oDesktop OK" & @CRLF ) ; Chrome window Local $pCondition $oUIAutomation.CreatePropertyCondition( $UIA_ClassNamePropertyId, "Chrome_WidgetWin_1", $pCondition ) If Not $pCondition Then Return ConsoleWrite( "$pCondition ERR" & @CRLF ) ConsoleWrite( "$pCondition OK" & @CRLF ) Local $pChrome, $oChrome $oDesktop.FindFirst( $TreeScope_Descendants, $pCondition, $pChrome ) $oChrome = ObjCreateInterface( $pChrome, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement, $dtagIUIAutomationElement ) If Not IsObj( $oChrome ) Then Return ConsoleWrite( "$oChrome ERR" & @CRLF ) ConsoleWrite( "$oChrome OK" & @CRLF ) ; Tab item Local $pCondition1 $oUIAutomation.CreatePropertyCondition( $UIA_ControlTypePropertyId, $UIA_TabItemControlTypeId, $pCondition1 ) If Not $pCondition1 Then Return ConsoleWrite( "$pCondition1 ERR" & @CRLF ) ConsoleWrite( "$pCondition1 OK" & @CRLF ) ;~ Find All tab items Local $pTabs, $oUIElementArray, $iElements, $pFound, $oFound, $value $oChrome.FindAll( $TreeScope_Descendants, $pCondition1, $pTabs ) $oUIElementArray = ObjCreateInterface($pTabs, $sIID_IUIAutomationElementArray, $dtagIUIAutomationElementArray) $oUIElementArray.Length( $iElements ) ConsoleWrite( "$iElements:" & $iElements & @CRLF ) For $i = 0 To $iElements - 1 Local $pFound $oUIElementArray.GetElement($i, $pFound) ConsoleWrite($pFound & @CRLF) $pFound.GetCurrentPropertyValue($UIA_NamePropertyId,$value) ;<==PROBLEM HERE ConsoleWrite($value & @CRLF) Next  
      Thanks for any direction.
      🙂