JohnOne

Regarding poor volume

3 posts in this topic

I'm sure I'm not alone in having felt a little frustration once or twice, when some media (video stream in particular) has very low volume when played on a laptops built in speakers..

If you have solved such an issue generally, which does not involve hardware, I'd really like to hear about it, either a programmatic solution or a third party software solution.

In lieu of such a solution, I'd be grateful for and hints or tips about where to start looking, what to search for, links to relevant content or anything else regarding the issue.

I do not have this problem if I use an application such as kodi (xbmc) and one of its plugins, because it has an amplification bar as well as a volume bar, which appears to amplify the waveform on the fly before it reaches whatever endpoint is employed to play the sound.

In the past, and if the source was a file such as an .avi of some flavour I have used virtualdub to re-encode it and increase the volume that way, but for streaming that is not an option.

So basically, I want my sound to go louder.

I hope I have been clear.

Thanks for reading.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

The only thing I can think of is some kind of override like VLC media player has, you can 2x your volume, but then you will get something like this

I bought myself a Bluetooth speaker and paired it with my laptop to solve the issues, sure you get 1 more thing to carry around, but it works like a charm

/Tarre

TeenyScript 2016-09-05 - A new  way of programming in AutoIt

UDFs created\updated 2016
_IEEmbedded2 UDF - A _IECreateEmbedded() decedent
miniSQL - A simple Standalone PDO-syntax-like MySQL-library with AutoitObject
Advanced DllCall and DllStruct AutoIt Code Generator - Automatically generates code for DllCall and more.

I have a wired Headphone (bought it for $3), it works very well! :D

I only use it when I watch videos though, TD :)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!