Regarding poor volume

JohnOne

I'm sure I'm not alone in having felt a little frustration once or twice, when some media (video stream in particular) has very low volume when played on a laptops built in speakers..

If you have solved such an issue generally, which does not involve hardware, I'd really like to hear about it, either a programmatic solution or a third party software solution.

In lieu of such a solution, I'd be grateful for and hints or tips about where to start looking, what to search for, links to relevant content or anything else regarding the issue.

I do not have this problem if I use an application such as kodi (xbmc) and one of its plugins, because it has an amplification bar as well as a volume bar, which appears to amplify the waveform on the fly before it reaches whatever endpoint is employed to play the sound.

In the past, and if the source was a file such as an .avi of some flavour I have used virtualdub to re-encode it and increase the volume that way, but for streaming that is not an option.

So basically, I want my sound to go louder.

I hope I have been clear.

Thanks for reading.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

The only thing I can think of is some kind of override like VLC media player has, you can 2x your volume, but then you will get something like this

I bought myself a Bluetooth speaker and paired it with my laptop to solve the issues, sure you get 1 more thing to carry around, but it works like a charm

/Tarre