Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
qwert

Seeking clarification on RESH _LoadFile example

3 posts in this topic

I've been working with RichEdits and have come upon the very useful RESH UDF.  But I baffled by one statement in the example's _LoadFile() function:

_GUICtrlRichEdit_ReplaceText($hRichEdit, '')

Can someone explain this "non-replace"?  Here's the context:

LoadFile.jpg.aa2aa841c9f80c9dbf5a864a024

You want to load a file so the RichEditcontrol had to be empty. When you want to append use _GuiCtrlRichEdit_AppendText instead.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks for your response.  But just to be clear, the purpose of the statement is to clear all contents of the RichEdit?  Yes?

Is that documented anywhere?

Update: although I haven't seen it documented, I have now seen this elsewhere as a conventional method to clear a richedit:

_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetSel($hRichEdit, 0, -1)
            _GUICtrlRichEdit_ReplaceText($hRichEdit, "")

I'll consider this closed.  Thanks, again.

Edited by qwert
Update

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• loganizzi
      By loganizzi
      If you look at the help file for the above command, you'll see that it states that it only works for certain zoom values (100 and 200 to 6400).   I assume that this is due to an issue in an MSDN library that the command relies on.
      After doing some investigating, I noticed that the GUIRichEdit.au3 library file contains the following code:
      ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Authors........: Chris Haslam (c.haslam) ; Modified ......: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetZoom($hWnd, $iPercent) If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $__g_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(101, 0, False) If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iPercent, ">0") Then Return SetError(1021, 0, False) Local $iNumerator, $iDenominator Select Case Not ($iPercent = 100 Or ($iPercent >= 200 And $iPercent < 6400)) Return SetError(1022, 0, False) Case $iPercent >= 100 $iNumerator = 10000 $iDenominator = 10000 / ($iPercent / 100) Case Else $iNumerator = 10000 * ($iPercent / 100) $iDenominator = 10000 EndSelect Return _SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_SETZOOM, $iNumerator, $iDenominator) <> 0 EndFunc ;==>_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetZoom Which ensures that values are only within the bounds specified in the help file.    I found that if I comment out the portion of the code that limits the values, the function works fine for most (if not all) values.   I changed the code in the library file to this by simply commenting out the restricting lines of code:
      ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Authors........: Chris Haslam (c.haslam) ; Modified ......: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetZoom($hWnd, $iPercent) If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $__g_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(101, 0, False) If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iPercent, ">0") Then Return SetError(1021, 0, False) Local $iNumerator, $iDenominator Select ; Case Not ($iPercent = 100 Or ($iPercent >= 200 And $iPercent < 6400)) ; Return SetError(1022, 0, False) Case $iPercent >= 100 $iNumerator = 10000 $iDenominator = 10000 / ($iPercent / 100) Case Else $iNumerator = 10000 * ($iPercent / 100) $iDenominator = 10000 EndSelect Return _SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_SETZOOM, $iNumerator, $iDenominator) <> 0 EndFunc ;==>_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetZoom  
      I assume whatever windows bug existed at the time this was created, no longer exists so there is no need to restrict the values.   
      Just wanted to point this out if anyone else is using this part of the library and required this functionality like I did.

• AndreyS
      By AndreyS
      Tell me, please, how to set / change the cursor over RichEdit (created with _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create)?
    • StMaSi
      By StMaSi
      Two questions...
      When presenting a form containing a richedit control, is there any way to make the displayed text, within said richedit control, non-selectable?
      In addition, is there any way to hide the vertical line cursor, within said richedit control?
      Thanx.
    • TheSaint
      By TheSaint
      I've finally come up with some simple solutions for dragging & dropping a URL onto a control.
      There have been many requests here for this over the years.
      I do have an issue though, with my second code example solution as is mentioned here.
      The issue relates to working in Win 7 (and no doubt newer Windows).
      As I state there, failure is no doubt due to 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' missing from the System32 folder, at the very least.
      Not sure if it would be wise to just dump 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' from WinXP into the Win 7 System32 folder. I expect not.
      I imagine there is a better solution available in Win 7. Maybe a different OCX file, and perhaps a different Class of object etc.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Code is here (second example).
      EDIT
      Okay, I have rediscovered that 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' is a VB6 ActiveX control. So while I could dig up a copy and register it, that would probably not be helpful to everyone.
      And registering it didn't help. Possibly other dependencies are also needed?
      When running the script, it is clear going by the error reported, that Object is not being created.
    • AndreyS
      By AndreyS
      Please tell me, who knows how to apply and cancel styles in RTF?
      The following code does not work:
      #include <GuiRichEdit.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $hGUI = GUICreate("RichEdit Style", 500, 500, -1, -1) $hRichEdit = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($hGui, "Test", 20,40,460,400) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) Sleep(3000) GUICtrlSetStyle($hRichEdit, $ES_RIGHT) Sleep(3000) GUICtrlSetStyle($hRichEdit, -1) Sleep(3000) Thanks!