joesedroid

Illegal Character

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, im still learning this but im getting an odd error with my batch file trying to convert it to a .exe

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c "&"cscript REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Novell Client for Windows" && %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32 "C:\Program Files\Novell\Client\ncsetup.dll" NWUninstallClient /s","",@SW_HIDE)

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c "&"cscript REG DELETE "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Novell Client for Windows" /f","",@SW_HIDE)

It is saying that I have Illegal Chars. Can anyone tell me if its the _ ?

Thanks!

Ok, thanks, just not sure what im doing yet.

ive only used runwait and not escape quotes.

Just open the helpfile and look at the information on these commands.

As to your original issue: you have errors in your double quotes. this way is probably correct:

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c cscript REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Novell Client for Windows" && %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32 "C:\Program Files\Novell\Client\ncsetup.dll" NWUninstallClient /s',"",@SW_HIDE)
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c cscript REG DELETE "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Novell Client for Windows" /f',"",@SW_HIDE)

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)