azcn2503

MouseMove doing nothing after installer opens

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,

I am trying to create an automation script that will realistically mimic a users input suitable for recording in a repeatable manner.

I am able to use the MouseMove command to hover an icon on the desktop, double click it, and open the software.

I searched these forums for a reliable way to use MouseMove to move to a control on the new window and found this article: 

I have modified the code to look like this so I can see the movement of the mouse:

Func _ControlMouseClick($iTitle, $iText, $iControl, $iButton = "left", $iClicks = "1", $iSpeed = "30", $iXpos = "", $iYpos = "")
$iOriginal = Opt("MouseCoordMode")             ;Get the current MouseCoordMode
Opt("MouseCoordMode",2)               ;Change the MouseCoordMode to relative coords
$aPos = ControlGetPos($iTitle, $iText, $iControl)          ;Get the position of the given control
ConsoleWrite("Control position: " & $aPos[0] & "x" & $aPos[1])
MouseMove($aPos[0] + ($aPos[2]/2) + $iXpos, $aPos[1] + ($aPos[3]/2) + $iYpos, $iSpeed)
$mPos = MouseGetPos()
ConsoleWrite("Cursor position: " & $mPos[0] & "x" & $mPos[1])
MouseClick($iButton, Default, Default, $iClicks, $iSpeed) ;Move the mouse and click on the given control
Opt("MouseCoordMode",$iOriginal)               ;Change the MouseCoordMode back to the original
EndFunc   ;==>_ControlMouseClick

Now, when I try to call this function using the following code:

_ControlMouseClick($installerTitle, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]")

I get the following written to the console:

Control position: 362x489Cursor position: -249x-75

And the mouse has not visibly moved across the screen at all. It is still hovering the icon on the desktop.

Here is the full code I have:

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _ControlMouseClick
; Description ...: Use the mouse to move to a control and click it
; Syntax.........: _ControlMouseClick($iTitle, $iText, $iControl [, $iButton = "left" [, $iClicks = "1" [, $iSpeed = "10" [, $iXpos = "" [, $iYpos = "" ]]]]] )
; Parameters ....: $iTitle  - The title of the window containing the control
;      $iText  - Some text from the window containing the control. Can enter no text be using ""
;      $iControl - The Control ID of the control to click
;      $iButton  - [optional] The button to click: "left", "right", "middle", "main", "menu", "primary", "secondary". Default is "left"
;      $iClicks  - [optional] The number of times to click the mouse. Default is 1.
;      $iSpeed  - [optional] The speed to move the mouse in the range 1 (fastest) to 100 (slowest). A speed of 0 will move the mouse instantly. Default speed is 10.
;      $iXpos  - [optional] The x position to click within the control. Default is center.
;      $iYpos  - [optional] The y position to click within the control. Default is center.
; Author ........: Kris Mills <fett8802 at gmail dot com>
; UserCallTip....: _ControlMouseClick ( "title", "text", controlID [, button [, clicks [, speed [, x [, y ]]]]] ) Use the mouse to move to a control and click it.(required: #include <KrisUDF.au3>)
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _ControlMouseClick($iTitle, $iText, $iControl, $iButton = "left", $iClicks = "1", $iSpeed = "30", $iXpos = "", $iYpos = "")
$iOriginal = Opt("MouseCoordMode")             ;Get the current MouseCoordMode
Opt("MouseCoordMode",2)               ;Change the MouseCoordMode to relative coords
$aPos = ControlGetPos($iTitle, $iText, $iControl)          ;Get the position of the given control
ConsoleWrite("Control position: " & $aPos[0] & "x" & $aPos[1])
MouseMove($aPos[0] + ($aPos[2]/2) + $iXpos, $aPos[1] + ($aPos[3]/2) + $iYpos, $iSpeed)
$mPos = MouseGetPos()
ConsoleWrite("Cursor position: " & $mPos[0] & "x" & $mPos[1])
MouseClick($iButton, Default, Default, $iClicks, $iSpeed) ;Move the mouse and click on the given control
Opt("MouseCoordMode",$iOriginal)               ;Change the MouseCoordMode back to the original
EndFunc   ;==>_ControlMouseClick

MouseMove(110, 110, 30)
MouseClick("", Default, Default, 2)

$installerTitle = "Setup"

WinWait($installerTitle)
WinActivate($installerTitle)

_ControlMouseClick($installerTitle, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]")

Any thoughts on getting this to work so that the cursor moves smoothly over the control I am specifying?

Edited by azcn2503
Changed title

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Update: It seems that any MouseMove command after the installer opens is ignored.

I tested this by doing the following:

MouseMove(110, 110, 30) ; Move to the item on the desktop
MouseClick("", Default, Default, 2) ; Double click it
MouseMove(0, 0, 100)
MouseMove(200, 200, 100)
MouseMove(400, 400, 100)

The mouse will stop moving before it reaches 0,0 because the installer opens. Any MouseMove command after this point does nothing. Any thoughts?

Edited by azcn2503

Update: it was my bad. The installer was running as admin (though I didn't realise this as UAC was disabled) and I was running the script from SciTE editor as a standard user. Once I ran SciTE as admin it worked without any issue.