Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cormin

Populate dropdown items with section names from .ini file

3 posts in this topic

I've never worked with an array or dropdown menu before and I can't seem to wrap it around my head this morning.  Maybe I just need more coffee but I'm trying to populate a GUI dropdown menu with section names of a .ini file.  Here is what I have for this part but I don't know where to go from here.  The msgbox thing was only testing it but I kinda got stuck here.

local $aSectionnames = IniReadSectionNames(@DesktopDir & "\Scripts\BatteryConfig.ini")

if Not @error Then
For $i = 1 to $aSectionnames[0]
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Test", $aSectionnames[$i])
    Next
EndIf

Here is my very basic dropdown menu I want to populate

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 413, 213, 192, 124)
$Combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo1", 80, 24, 241, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 152, 56, 75, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Thanks!

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 413, 213, 192, 124)
$Combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 80, 24, 241, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 152, 56, 75, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

; Get the sections of the ini file
Global $aSections = IniReadSectionNames(@DesktopDir & "\Scripts\BatteryConfig.ini")
; If the IniReadSectionNames succeeded, conver the array to a string with each item separated by a | (pipe) and set the default selected item to $aSections[1]
If (Not @Error) Then GUICtrlSetData($Combo1, _ArraytoString($aSections, "|", 1), $aSections[1])

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

You can use _ArrayToString to convert the array of sections to a string separated by a pipe (|) that you can use for GUICtrlSetData. I started the _ArrayToString at row 1 since the first element in the $aSections array is the # of sections (Useless information for a combobox).

Edited by InunoTaishou
1 person likes this

Thank you so much!  I got it all working!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• LWC
      By LWC
      I've made a program that relies on IniReadSectionNames. It reads (~3K) Autorun.inf files in the working folder and creates a GUI based on their contents.
      I made sure to revert to a default GUI upon @error.
      But someone (with Windows XP SP3 32-bit) reported to me he always gets the default menu.
      I sent him a FileRead command instead and it works! So seemingly there's no access problem to AutoRun.inf.
      In the following demo code, I always hit success, but he always ends up with semi-success:
      Local $hIniLocation = "Autorun.inf" Local $aSections = IniReadSectionNames($hIniLocation) If @error Then $aSections = FileRead($hIniLocation) if @error then msgbox(48, "Double error", "Alternative access failed too due to:" & @crlf & @error & @crlf & @extended) else msgbox(0, "Semi-success", "IniReadSectionNames failed, but alternativaly this file contains:" & @crlf & @crlf & $aSections) endif else msgbox(0, "Success", "IniReadSectionNames worked!") endif Why is that? Is there something further to check with him?
      Autorun.inf
    • JayHawkfl
      By JayHawkfl
      Super simple super quick script I made to randomize teams for mixed doubles. Haven't coded for a while so it felt good to write anything. 

#include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <SliderConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <Excel.au3> Local $arraySize = 2 local $array1[50] = ["Doug","Julio"] local $array2[50] = ["Hannah","Sheila"] Local $oBook #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Doubles Team Mixer", 615, 438, 192, 124) $Bachround = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Users\a607150\Pictures\2.jpg",0,0,615,438) $Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 64, 128, 121, 175) $Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 364, 128, 121, 175) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Serve",216,140,121,42) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 $array1 = GUICtrlRead($input1) $array1 = StringSplit($array1,",") $array2 = GUICtrlRead($input2) $array2 = StringSplit($array2,",") _ArrayDelete($array1,0) _ArrayDelete($array2,0) _ArrayShuffle($array2) $oBook = _Excel_Open(Default, Default, Default, Default, True) $oWorkBook = _Excel_BookNew($oBook, 1) _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkBook,$oWorkBook.activesheet,"Guys","A1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkBook,$oWorkBook.activesheet,"Gals","B1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkBook,$oWorkBook.activesheet,$array1,"A2") If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeWrite Example 2", "Error writing $array1 to worksheet." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkBook,$oWorkBook.activesheet,$array2,"B2") EndSwitch WEnd  
    • jjohn
      By jjohn
      Hi all,
      I have the following code, basically, it populates an array with unique characters found in a string, but it turns out only one character is in the array, i don't want to think it is due to a bug of autoit at this point, so i need your help on why, please
      Dim $sx[0] Dim $cn $ss = "Xx" ConsoleWrite(StringLeft($ss, 1) & " " & StringRight($ss, 1) & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(StringLeft($ss, 1) = StringRight($ss, 1) & @CRLF) ;here show X <> x ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) ;the following is to populate array $sx with different unique characters in $ss For $b = 1 To StringLen($ss) $flg = 0 For $a = 0 To UBound($sx) - 1 ;if asc(StringMid($ss,$b,1)) = asc($sx[$a]) Then ;if this line is used instead of the next, everything is fine If StringMid($ss, $b, 1) = $sx[$a] Then If StringMid($ss, $b, 1) = "x" Then ConsoleWrite("<<->>" & StringMid($ss, $b, 1) & " " & $sx[$a] & @CRLF) $flg = 1 ExitLoop EndIf Next If $flg = 0 Then $cn = $cn + 1 ReDim $sx[$cn] $sx[$cn - 1] = StringMid($ss, $b, 1) EndIf Next ConsoleWrite(UBound($sx) & @CRLF);list the ubound of $sx ;list what is in array $sx For $a = 0 To UBound($sx) - 1 ConsoleWrite($sx[$a] & @CRLF) Next same code in a file is attached as uniqueChar2Array.au3
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening
      I was looking around the forum if I could find a function that allows to convert a string into a 2 dimensional array...
      The first column of the array is always the same, but the rows could change...
      I have a pattern like:

Column A|Column B
      Static Text 1|Data 1
      Static Text 2|Data 2
      Static Text 3|Data 3
      Static Text 4|Data 4

Where, Static Text (1...4) will be always the same, and I don't want to change them... But, Data 1...4 are dynamic fields... So, I could have the pattern above AND I coould have the pattern I'm going to show you right below

Column A|Column B
      Static Text 1|Data 1
      Static Text 2|Data 2
      Static Text 3|Data 3
      Static Text 4|Data 4
      Static Text 1|Data 5
      Static Text 2|Data 6
      Static Text 3|Data 7
      Static Text 4|Data 8

How can I do in this case?

Thanks for everyone's help

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning community!
      I was working on a script which read the content of a .ini file to retrieve the file that has to open, and, based on the value of a second key stored in the .ini file, set the window on top, minimized or maximized...
      I did something like this, but seems to not work properly...
      Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thank you  

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64=prova.exe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> ;#include <WinAPIEx.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $sFileConfigurazione = @ScriptDir & "\configurazione_exe.ini" If(FileExists($sFileConfigurazione)) Then Local $aSezioneIni = IniReadSection($sFileConfigurazione, "CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'apertura del file: " & @CRLF & $sFileConfigurazione & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error) Else ; Lancio dell'applicativo indicato nel file di configurazione Local $iPID = ShellExecute($aSezioneIni[1][1]) Local $hWnd If($iPID <> 0) Then Local $aWinList = WinList() For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] If(WinGetProcess($aWinList[$i][1] = $iPID)) Then $hWnd = $aWinList[$i][1] EndIf Next Switch($aSezioneIni[2][1]) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "MIN" ToolTip("MIN", 0, 0) WinSetState($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), @SW_MINIMIZE) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "MAX" ToolTip("MAX", 0, 0) WinSetState($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), @SW_MAXIMIZE) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "TOP" ToolTip("TOP", 0, 0) WinSetOnTop($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), $WINDOWS_ONTOP) EndSwitch EndIf EndIf EndIf And the .ini file is like this:

[CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE] PercorsoExe=Here goes the path and the .exe to execute ModalitaAperturaExe=Here goes one of the value below /* TOP Shows the windows on top */ /* MIN Shows the window minimized */ /* MAX Shows the window maximized */