Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tumulus

Use Elevated CMD

7 posts in this topic

I need to create a new administrator account on a number of computers, so figured I would make a script to do it. 

You can only add/modify admin profile from an elevated command prompt (administrator command prompt). So I tried writing that into my short script. I thought that my "RunAs" command below would do the trick, but it opens a standard cmd window through the admin profile.

Anyone able to tell me how to get it to open the elevated cmd?

RunAs("administrator",@ComputerName,$sAdminPassword,0,@ComSpec)
    Sleep (500)

Send("net user /ADD " & $sUsername & " " & $sPassword)
    Send("{ENTER}")

Send("Y")
    Send("{ENTER}")

Send("net user " & $sUsername & " /passwordchg:no")
    Send("{ENTER}")

Send("net localGroup administrators " & $sUsername & " /ADD")
    Send("{ENTER}")

WinClose("C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe")

@Tumulus if you are doing this on a "number of computers", why are you not using Active Directory to automate it?

1 person likes this

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

You can use the Local Account UDF to work with local accounts.  Here is an example.  

Adam

That is a really great question @JLogan3o13. I hadn't even thought to do that. A team lead asked if we could make a script to do it, but it would be much easier in active directory. I'll ask him about that today. 

Also, @AdamUL... That is great! Much easier process for local account management. I can avoid the cmd altogether with those commands right?

However, for the sake of learning, how do I get the cmd to open in an elevated box within an auto it script? We do a lot of scripting and many of our scripts need to operate with administrator permissions. Forgetting the rest of my code (if that is alright), why does this command open a standard cmd window instead of the administrator cmd prompt? 

RunAs("administrator",@ComputerName,$sAdminPassword,0,@ComSpec)

That is correct, you do not need the command window at all.  Also, with the Local Account UDF, you can access remote computers, and setup local accounts.  Just have a look at the function headers.  Also, look in the thread, as other users have submitted other useful functions not included in the UDF.  

RunAs does not give the runas user the Admin Token.  You have to use a workaround to run as a full admin with the Admin Token as a different user.  Here is an example script that shows one way to do it.  The script is wrote to work uncompiled or compiled.  

Adam

I did the script with the UDF and it was awesome! nifty little scripting there (shout out to @engine for the great work).

The example to run an Admin prompt was really helpful too. I got it working on some other scripts. Thanks again!

Your welcome.  I'm glad I could help.  

Adam

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• davidacrozier
      By davidacrozier
      Hello all ~
      I am running an autoit script on Windows 10 inside VMware Workstation 12 Pro version 12.5.2.  Technically I am remoting into ESXi which has a Domain Controller (DC), WebServer, FilServer, Windows 10, etc.  Using the GUI (i.e. running explorer.exe) I am able to open several different folders successfully.  The desktop, documents, USB external all open without issue.  The network share opening gives me issues.  Whenever I attempt to open \\filserver\users\user\sharedfolder I get the documents folder instead.  I understand that the documents folder is the default for explorer.  I have also attempted to use the letter drive mapped to the network share (Z:) and receive the same result.  When I run this script on Windows 10 alone without  the VM or the ESXi I am able to open the network share without problems.  I have tried to use the net use command to designate a letter M: to the network share folder prior to running the script.  This did not work for me.  
      One additional avenue I think might work is to use the systreeview321 and _GUICtrlTreeView_FindItem to step through the tree looking for the network share.  Once found,  double click on it and see if that opens the shared network folder.  I can click inside the VM with my mouse on the network share and it opens just fine.  Not sure if running up against GUI issues, or permission issues, or what?
      Thanks in advance,
      Davida Crozier
      TestNetworkShare.au3
      This script is a subset of a much larger program, but it illustrates what I am dealing with.

• RoundChecker
      By RoundChecker
      Hi everyone,

Is there a way to determine whether the script that is running, is already running, without using;

If WinExists ?

Or is there a way to use "If WinExists" to determine the script itself?

The reason I am asking this is because if I want someone to run the .Exe I have and they rename it to whatever they want, how could I then determine in the script to check if there's already an .Exe open, or the script itself is already open?

Should I use Class, or how do I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
    • MrMajorThorburn
      By MrMajorThorburn
      Using sample code:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ; Find a pure red pixel in the range 0,0-20,300
      Local $aCoord = PixelSearch(0, 0, 20, 300, 0xFF0000)
      If Not @error Then
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "X and Y are: " & $aCoord[0] & "," & $aCoord[1])
      Else
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Pure Not Found")
      EndIf ; Find a pure red pixel or a red pixel within 10 shades variations of pure red
      $aCoord = PixelSearch(0, 0, 20, 300, 0xFF0000, 10)
      If Not @error Then
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "X and Y are: " & $aCoord[0] & "," & $aCoord[1])
      Else
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Variant Not Found")
      EndIf   and the attached screenshot which has Pure Red (FF0000) in one icon in the area being searched. Would someone please check this out for me?
    • svenjatzu
      By svenjatzu
      Id like to build a little helpertool for my boss in office but i dont know how to sart it.
      thats no complicated task. im working for an insurancecenter and have to search the customers in different orders and different tags.
      due to my boss is old and not really commen with pc he saves the customers without system.
      eg, customer andreas statham got an insurenca for his car then i got to search for
      andreas statham car, andreas car statham, car andreas statham, statham andreas car, statham car andreas, car statham andreass etc to find all the files from this customer in the harddrive.
      some customers also are fmiliarnamed in one file like andreas statam and monika rog are married an both got a carinsurance then i got to earch for
      andreas statham monika rog car, andreas statham monika car rog,.... this can take real long to find the right customer if i do it from hand.
      how can i realise this someone in here got an excamlple script or has any sugestion?

• X_xkijux_x
      By X_xkijux_x
      Ok so im using this program. clarify for school. I would like to have a program that takes every word i type in microsoft word and searches on it in claryfi. is this possible. I would like to have the program not stopping me from typing more after that word. Like when i type a word it auto search it on clarify without making me stop typing and if i want to change i can do that and if im fine that word i can just keep typing and it will search after the next word.