Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clariceo0

Free library for resetting windows password?

6 posts in this topic

Recently, I am interested to build a windows app to reset Windows login password as a side off project. I am still a newbie in programming so i am not able to build the app from scratch. Is there any open source  project i could learn from on this?

Hi, @clariceo0, welcome to the forum. A couple of questions to help us help you:

• Are you looking to change the password from within the machine itself or remotely?
  • Are you doing this on domain computers, or just local users on local PCs?
  • Are you wanting to allow users to do this themselves (something sitting on the desktop they can click on), and if so do they have administrative rights to do so?

The more info you can provide us with, the better we can assist you, so we're not throwing out suggestions that may not work for your situation.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

12 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Hi, @clariceo0, welcome to the forum. A couple of questions to help us help you:

• Are you looking to change the password from within the machine itself or remotely?
  • Are you doing this on domain computers, or just local users on local PCs?
  • Are you wanting to allow users to do this themselves (something sitting on the desktop they can click on), and if so do they have administrative rights to do so?

The more info you can provide us with, the better we can assist you, so we're not throwing out suggestions that may not work for your situation.

thanks for the great suggestion. I just want to change or reset the password of local account. I will write a GUI client for this to help normal users without much technical knowledge.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

@clariceo0 Usually we follow more of a "teach a man to fish" motto rather than just handing folks scripts, but I had this one lying about. It should give you an idea how to proceed anyway; you will probably need to modify to your needs. Also you'll want to test heavily; it is an older script which I have not tested on Windows 10. Let me know if you have any questions:

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Local $sUserName, $sPassword

$hGUI = GUICreate("Reset Local Password", 300, 300)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    GUISetFont(11, 400, Default, "Arial")

$lblUserName = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Username", 115, 10, 65, 30)
    $lblPassword = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Choose New Password", 75, 90, 150, 30)
    $lblVerify = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Verify New Password", 75, 170, 150, 30)

$inpUserName = GUICtrlCreateInput(@UserName, 10, 40, 280, 30, $ES_CENTER)
    $inpPassword = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 120, 280, 30, $ES_PASSWORD)
    $inpVerify = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 200, 280, 30, $ES_PASSWORD)

$btnGo = GUICtrlCreateButton("Change Password", 10, 250, 125, 35)
    $btnClose = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 165, 250, 125, 35)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $btnClose
                ExitLoop
            Case $btnGo
                If GUICtrlRead($inpPassword) == GUICtrlRead($inpVerify) Then
                    $sUserName = GUICtrlRead($inpUserName)
                    $sPassword = GUICtrlRead($inpPassword)
                    _changePW($sUserName, $sPassword)
                Else
                    MsgBox(0, "Reset Local Password", "Passwords do not match!")
                EndIf
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

Func _changePW($UserName, $Password)
    $oUser = ObjGet("WinNT://" & @ComputerName & "/" & $UserName)
        If IsObj($oUser) Then
            $oUser.SetPassword($Password)
            $oUser.SetInfo
        EndIf
EndFunc

Edit: Also, although you posted in a C++ forum you didn't specify that you need this done in C++/C. Are you just looking to get the job done, or do you have a language requirement that it needs to be coded in?

Edited by JLogan3o13
1 person likes this

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

@JLogan3o13 thanks for the help. I will figure out the code myself and port it into C++.  so i can build a GUI with QT.  I find a good example of the program called UUkeys. Here is the tutorial on how to reset windows password. that is exactly what i am looking for.

Edited by clariceo0

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:40 AM, Aquarium said:
On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 3:29 AM, clariceo0 said:

Recently, I am interested to build a windows app to reset Windows login password as a side off project. I am still a newbie in programming so i am not able to build the app from scratch. Is there any open source  project i could learn from on this?

You can use the api fuction NetUserChangePassword.

#ifndef UNICODE
#define UNICODE
#endif
#pragma comment(lib, "netapi32.lib")

#include <stdio.h>
#include <windows.h> 
#include <lm.h>

int wmain(int argc, wchar_t *argv[])
{
   DWORD dwError = 0;
   NET_API_STATUS nStatus;
   //
   // All parameters are required.
   //
   if (argc != 5)
   {
      fwprintf(stderr, L"Usage: %s \\\\ServerName UserName OldPassword NewPassword\n", argv[0]);
      exit(1);
   }
   //
   // Call the NetUserChangePassword function.
   //
   nStatus = NetUserChangePassword(argv[1], argv[2], argv[3], argv[4]);
   //
   // If the call succeeds, inform the user.
   //
   if (nStatus == NERR_Success)
      fwprintf(stderr, L"User password has been changed successfully\n");
   //
   // Otherwise, print the system error.
   //
   else
      fprintf(stderr, "A system error has occurred: %d\n", nStatus);

return 0;
}

Edited by Melba23
Removed ad link in quote

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• krasnoshtan
      By krasnoshtan
      Hello all! Recently I wanted to create settings window for my app, but if i want to close only child window, еhen all windows are closed. 
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("fisrt", 385, 248, 192, 114) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("settings", 40, 8, 97, 33) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 sett() EndSwitch WEnd Func sett() $settings_window = GUICreate("settings", 380, 100, 100, 114) $exit_button = GUICtrlCreateButton("close", 34, 80, 9, 33) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE MsgBox (0, "exit", "exit") Case $exit_button Exit EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc Help please!
    • breakbadsp
      By breakbadsp
      AutoIT AU3info doeas not detect all gui objects uniquely for .NET GUIs developed in C#.
      this is not working now i am using COM windows approach for this, But its very difficult.
      Please let me know if anyone has done it before.
    • Xandy
      By Xandy
      I wanted to start using SDL2 libraries in C++.
      This is a Hello World project that covers some of the essentials of programming with SDL2.
      I will use it when I forget how to create an SDL2 project.
      Loads a scrolling background image for world. Mouse position, left click, and double click example. Hotkeys and cooldown timers to prevent hotkey spam. Plays background music. (ALT + P) Plays sound effects changing sprite type. (numpad: /, *, -, +) Features a Player class for multiplayer. Player collision detection. Uses a Window class from Lazyfoo for maximize button, fullscreen ext.. Built using MSVS 2013 (free).  All dlls and libraries included and linked (for MSVS) using relative paths. You can probably run the SDL2_HelloWorld.sln without setting up any libraries. Note SDL_Net is setup but not used. Delta time used to create consistent frame rate across machines. Player animation sprite sheet:  
      Demo: Slimy's First Kiss
      Download Source and project: http://songersoft.com/programming/sdl2_helloworld/sdl2_helloworld_about.phtml
      This isn't meant to be amazing.  It's just to help get started with SDL2.
      I will consider any criticism.
      main.cpp
      // This example HelloWorld followed this video: // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Jgz0wEQxY // Turned into this // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRpen8jOa08&list=PL77-op_SRaiEuC0YC43ZAUJJwL_G_C2z8&index=15 // Window class was copied from Lazyfoo // http://lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/35_window_events/index.php #include <iostream> #include <string> #include "SDL.h" #include "SDL_image.h" #include "SDL_ttf.h" #include "SDL_mixer.h" #include "SDL_net.h" #include "Player.h" #include "Window.h" using namespace std; // Prototypes SDL_Texture *LoadTexture(string filepath, SDL_Renderer *renderTarget); void logSDLError(const string); SDL_Rect sdlrect(int, int, int, int); SDL_Surface *OptimizedSurface(string filepath, SDL_Surface *windowSurface); // if(okAlt) either Alt key is pressed OrKeyALT #define okAlt (k[SDL_SCANCODE_RALT] || k[SDL_SCANCODE_LALT]) int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { // Needed for the initialize block Window window; SDL_Renderer *renderTarget = nullptr; // Initialize SDL2 if (SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING) < 0) { logSDLError("SDL_Init "); } // Initialize SDL_image if (!(IMG_Init(IMG_INIT_PNG) & IMG_INIT_PNG)) { cout << "Could not initialize SDL_image: " << IMG_GetError() << std::endl; SDL_Delay(5500); } // Initialize TTF if (TTF_Init() < 0) cout << "TTF_Init " << TTF_GetError() << endl; //Create window if (!window.init("SDL2 Hello World", 640, 480, "../../Graphics/iconbmp.bmp")) { printf("Window could not be created! SDL Error: %s\n", SDL_GetError()); } else { //Create renderer for window renderTarget = window.createRenderer(); if (renderTarget == NULL) { printf("Renderer could not be created! SDL Error: %s\n", SDL_GetError()); } } // Audio if (Mix_OpenAudio(44100, MIX_DEFAULT_FORMAT, 2, 2048) < 0) { cout << "Mix_OpenAudio: " << Mix_GetError() << endl; } // Load sounds: Run chunk if less than 10 sec, music if greater (generally) //Mix_Music *bgm = Mix_LoadMUS("../../Sounds/overworld.mid"); // Can't Pause MIDI Mix_Music *bgm = Mix_LoadMUS("../../Sounds/bensound-goinghigher.mp3"); cout << Mix_GetError() << endl; // Font and text SDL_Texture *text_texture = nullptr; SDL_Color textColor = { 144, 77, 255, 255 }; TTF_Font *font = TTF_OpenFont("../../Graphics/Fonts/VCR_OSD_MONO.ttf", 20); if (font) { SDL_Surface *textSurf = TTF_RenderText_Solid(font, "Hello world", textColor); text_texture = SDL_CreateTextureFromSurface(renderTarget, textSurf); SDL_FreeSurface(textSurf); } else cout << TTF_GetError() << endl; SDL_Rect textRect = { 0, 0, 0, 0 };// Position of text on window // Get the size of the text_texture SDL_QueryTexture(text_texture, NULL, NULL, &textRect.w, &textRect.h); const int playerMax = 8; int players = 2; float prevTime = 0, currentTime = 0, deltaTime = 0; bool fullscreen_toggle = 0; int i = 0, ii = 0; int redraw = 1; bool done = 0; // Load player sprite sheet and background texture SDL_Texture *spritesheet_texture = LoadTexture("../../Graphics/DW3_Char_SpriteSheet.png", renderTarget); SDL_Texture *bg_texture = LoadTexture("../../Graphics/dw3-over.png", renderTarget); int bg_texture_w = 0, bg_texture_h = 0; // Point k to Keyboard state (only needs done here, not in main loop) const Uint8 *k = SDL_GetKeyboardState(NULL); SDL_Event windowEvent; // Stop keys spamming (like music ON / OFF) float key_cooldown_timer_max = 500.0f, key_cooldown_timer = 0; SDL_Rect cameraRect = { 0, 0, window.getWidth(), window.getHeight()}; // Construct default players Player player[playerMax]; // Customize players (texture and position) for (i = 0; i < players; i++)//(sprite texture, position x, position y) player[i].Player_new(spritesheet_texture, window.getWidth() / 2 + i * 16, window.getHeight() / 2); // Get the size of bg_texture SDL_QueryTexture(bg_texture, NULL, NULL, &bg_texture_w, &bg_texture_h); // Main message loop while (!done) { prevTime = currentTime; currentTime = SDL_GetTicks(); deltaTime = (currentTime - prevTime) / 1000.0f; while (SDL_PollEvent(&windowEvent) != 0) { // Check for events if (windowEvent.type == SDL_QUIT) { // Window Exit done = 1; } else if(windowEvent.type == SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN) { // Mouse buttons if (windowEvent.button.clicks == 2) { // Double left click redraw = 1; } else if (windowEvent.button.button == SDL_BUTTON_LEFT) { // Single left click redraw = 1; } // Output mouse position cout << "Mouse: " << windowEvent.button.x << " " << windowEvent.button.y << endl; } }// if(SDL_PollEvent(&windowEvent)) if (okAlt) { // Either ALT key if (k[SDL_SCANCODE_RETURN]) { // ALT + ENTER, toggle fullscreen // Consider matching current window resolution to closest preset array of valid full screen resolutions. fullscreen_toggle = 1; } if (k[SDL_SCANCODE_P]) { if (SDL_GetTicks() - key_cooldown_timer > key_cooldown_timer_max) { // Action cooldown timer is ready. Avoids ON / OFF flicker // Play Music if (!Mix_PlayingMusic()) { cout << "PLAY"; Mix_PlayMusic(bgm, -1); } else if (Mix_PausedMusic()) { cout << "RESUME"; Mix_ResumeMusic(); } else { cout << "PAUSE"; Mix_PauseMusic(); } key_cooldown_timer = SDL_GetTicks(); } }// SDL_SCANCODE_P if (k[SDL_SCANCODE_S]) { // Stop Music Mix_HaltMusic(); } }// okAlt //Handle window events fullscreen_toggle = window.handleEvent(windowEvent, renderTarget, fullscreen_toggle); // Player Update and IntersectsWith for (i = 0; i < players; i++) { player[i].Update(deltaTime, k); for (ii = 0; ii < players; ii++) { if(i != ii)// Not self player[i].IntersectsWith(player[ii]); } } // Camera cameraRect.x = player[0].GetOriginX() - window.getWidth() / 2; cameraRect.y = player[0].GetOriginY() - window.getHeight() / 2; // Normalize if (cameraRect.x < 0) cameraRect.x = 0; if (cameraRect.y < 0) cameraRect.y = 0; if (cameraRect.x + cameraRect.w >= bg_texture_w) cameraRect.x = bg_texture_w - window.getWidth(); if (cameraRect.y + cameraRect.h >= bg_texture_h) cameraRect.y = bg_texture_h - window.getHeight(); redraw = 1; // Don't judge me if (redraw) { // Redraw should definatly pretty much be at the end of loop // Clear window SDL_RenderClear(renderTarget); // Copy camera from bg_texture SDL_RenderCopy(renderTarget, bg_texture, &cameraRect, NULL); // Draw players for (i = 0; i < players; i++) player[i].Draw(renderTarget, cameraRect); // Print text SDL_RenderCopy(renderTarget, text_texture, NULL, &textRect); // Show the rendered content SDL_RenderPresent(renderTarget); redraw = 0; }// if(redraw) }// while(true) // Free windows window.free(); SDL_DestroyTexture(bg_texture); SDL_DestroyTexture(spritesheet_texture); SDL_DestroyTexture(text_texture); TTF_CloseFont(font); // Free Renderers SDL_DestroyRenderer(renderTarget); // Free music Mix_FreeMusic(bgm); // Close systems Mix_Quit(); TTF_Quit(); IMG_Quit(); SDL_Quit(); return EXIT_SUCCESS; }// main() SDL_Texture *LoadTexture(string filepath, SDL_Renderer *renderTarget) { // Create texture SDL_Texture *texture = nullptr; // Load surface SDL_Surface *surface = IMG_Load(filepath.c_str()); if (surface == NULL) { // surface didn't load logSDLError("LoadTexture surface "); } else { SDL_SetColorKey(surface, SDL_TRUE, SDL_MapRGB(surface->format, 0, 0, 0)); texture = SDL_CreateTextureFromSurface(renderTarget, surface); //SDL_SetTextureColorMod(texture, 120, 150, 140); if (texture == NULL) logSDLError("LoadTexture texture "); } SDL_FreeSurface(surface); return texture; } void logSDLError(const string msg){ cout << msg << " Error: " << SDL_GetError() << endl; SDL_Delay(4000); } SDL_Rect sdlrect(int x, int y, int w, int h) { SDL_Rect rect = {x, y, w, h}; return rect; } SDL_Surface *OptimizedSurface(string filepath, SDL_Surface *windowSurface) { SDL_Surface *optimizedSurf = nullptr; SDL_Surface *surface = IMG_Load(filepath.c_str()); if (surface == NULL) { cout << "Error: " << endl; } else { optimizedSurf = SDL_ConvertSurface(surface, windowSurface->format, 0); if (optimizedSurf == NULL) cout << "Error: " << endl; } SDL_FreeSurface(surface); return optimizedSurf; } Player.h
      #pragma once #include <iostream> #include "SDL.h" #include <String> #include "SDL_mixer.h" using namespace std; enum player_control { ePlayer_control_up, ePlayer_control_down, ePlayer_control_left, ePlayer_control_right, ePlayer_control_type_minus, ePlayer_control_type_plus }; class Player { private: SDL_Rect cropRect; SDL_Texture *texture; int spritesheet_texture_w, spritesheet_texture_h;//size of spritesheet texture bool isActive;//animation timer SDL_Scancode keys[6]; int frame_w, frame_h;//16, 16 float frameTimerMax; float frameTimer;//0..frameTimerMax int frame;//0..1 int frameMax;//2 int way;//0..3 int classType;//0..53 float moveSpeed; float cast_cooldown_max; Mix_Chunk *soundEffect; int originX, originY; int radius; Uint32 key_cooldown_timer; string name; public: void Player_new(SDL_Texture *spritesheet_texture, int x, int y); Player(); ~Player(); void Update(float delta, const Uint8 *keyState); void Draw(SDL_Renderer *renderTarget, SDL_Rect cameraRect); bool IntersectsWith(Player &p); int GetOriginX(); int GetOriginY(); int GetRadius(); SDL_Rect positionRect; }; Player.cpp
      #pragma once #include "Player.h" #include "SDL_image.h" #include "SDL_mixer.h" #include <iostream> #include <String> #include <cmath> using namespace std; Player::Player() { cropRect = {0, 0, 16, 16}; texture = nullptr; spritesheet_texture_w = spritesheet_texture_h = 0;//size of spritesheet texture isActive = false;//animation timer keys[6]; frame_w = frame_h = 16;//16, 16 frameTimerMax = 0.5f; frameTimer = 0;//0..frameTimerMax frame = 0;//0..1 frameMax = 2;//2 way = 0;//0..3 classType = 0;//0..53 moveSpeed = 200.0f; radius = frame_w / 2; soundEffect = nullptr; key_cooldown_timer = 0; cast_cooldown_max = 190.0f; static int playerNumber = 0; playerNumber++; name = "Player:" + to_string(playerNumber); // Setup keys for player 1 // ** I see the enum didn't exist when this was written ** if (playerNumber == 1) { keys[0] = SDL_SCANCODE_W; keys[1] = SDL_SCANCODE_S; keys[2] = SDL_SCANCODE_A; keys[3] = SDL_SCANCODE_D; keys[4] = SDL_SCANCODE_KP_MINUS; keys[5] = SDL_SCANCODE_KP_PLUS; } else { // Setup keys all other players (not 1) keys[0] = SDL_SCANCODE_UP; keys[1] = SDL_SCANCODE_DOWN; keys[2] = SDL_SCANCODE_LEFT; keys[3] = SDL_SCANCODE_RIGHT; keys[4] = SDL_SCANCODE_KP_DIVIDE; keys[5] = SDL_SCANCODE_KP_MULTIPLY; } }//Player::Player() void Player::Player_new(SDL_Texture *spritesheet_texture, int x, int y) { // This is new player isActive = false; // Read size of spritesheet texture SDL_QueryTexture(spritesheet_texture, NULL, NULL, &spritesheet_texture_w, &spritesheet_texture_h); texture = spritesheet_texture; // spritesheet rect cropRect = { 0, 0, 16, 16 }; // player screen position positionRect = { x, y, 16, 16 }; // Defaults moveSpeed = 200.0f; radius = frame_w / 2; frameTimer = 0; frame = 0; frameMax = 2; way = 0; classType = 0; originX = frame_w / 2; originY = frame_h / 2; soundEffect = Mix_LoadWAV("../../Sounds/whipcrack1.wav"); cout << "Name: " << name << endl; }//Player::Player_new() void Player::Update(float delta, const Uint8 *keyState) { isActive = true; if (keyState[keys[ePlayer_control_up]]) { way = 0; positionRect.y -= moveSpeed * delta; cropRect.x = (way * cropRect.w * frameMax) + (frame * cropRect.w); } if (keyState[keys[ePlayer_control_down]]) { way = 1; positionRect.y += moveSpeed * delta; cropRect.x = (way * cropRect.w * frameMax) + (frame * cropRect.w); } if (keyState[keys[ePlayer_control_left]]) { way = 3; positionRect.x -= moveSpeed * delta; cropRect.x = (way * cropRect.w * frameMax) + (frame * cropRect.w); } if (keyState[keys[ePlayer_control_right]]) { way = 2; positionRect.x += moveSpeed * delta; cropRect.x = (way * cropRect.w * frameMax) + (frame * cropRect.w); } if (keyState[keys[ePlayer_control_type_minus]]) { if (SDL_GetTicks() - key_cooldown_timer > cast_cooldown_max) { key_cooldown_timer = SDL_GetTicks(); Mix_PlayChannel(-1, soundEffect, 0); classType--; if (classType < 0) classType = spritesheet_texture_h / cropRect.h - 1; cropRect.y = classType * cropRect.h; } } if (keyState[keys[ePlayer_control_type_plus]]) { if (SDL_GetTicks() - key_cooldown_timer > cast_cooldown_max) { key_cooldown_timer = SDL_GetTicks(); Mix_PlayChannel(-1, soundEffect, 0); classType++; if (classType >= spritesheet_texture_h / cropRect.h) classType = 0; cropRect.y = classType * cropRect.h; } } if (isActive) { frameTimer += delta; if (frameTimer >= frameTimerMax){ frameTimer = 0; cropRect.x = (way * cropRect.w * frameMax) + (frame * cropRect.w); if (frame >= frameMax - 1) frame = 0; else frame++; } } else { frameTimer = 0; } }//Player::Update() void Player::Draw(SDL_Renderer *renderTarget, SDL_Rect cameraRect) { SDL_Rect drawingRect = { positionRect.x - cameraRect.x, positionRect.y - cameraRect.y, positionRect.w, positionRect.h }; SDL_RenderCopy(renderTarget, texture, &cropRect, &drawingRect); } bool Player::IntersectsWith(Player &p){ if (sqrt(pow(GetOriginX() - p.GetOriginX(), 2) + pow(GetOriginY() - p.GetOriginY(), 2)) >= radius + p.GetRadius()) { SDL_SetTextureColorMod(texture, 255, 255, 255); return false; } SDL_SetTextureColorMod(texture, 255, 0, 0); return true; } Player::~Player() { SDL_DestroyTexture(texture); Mix_FreeChunk(soundEffect); } int Player::GetOriginX() { return positionRect.x + originX; } int Player::GetOriginY() { return positionRect.y + originY; } int Player::GetRadius() { return radius; }  
    • CarlD
      By CarlD
      I'm a command-line kind of guy, and I write scripts primarily for myself.  Since many websites nowadays require strong passwords, I thought I'd write a simple password generator in AutoIt. I know that AutoIt mavens have written more elaborate pw generators; I offer mine for what it's worth. The compiled script, GenPass.exe, can be downloaded here. See below for Help text and source. Enjoy!
      Updates:
      2017-05-06: Default password changed to variable length of 13-22 characters; argument "1" no longer supported
                            When compiled as GenPW.exe, password is sent directly to the clipboard, no message box unless password generation fails.
      2017-05-05: Correction to bypass password generation if argument is ?|H|h
      2017-05-03: Added special argument 1 to generate a password of variable length (10-18 characters) including two (2) separator characters
      2017-05-02: Added option /S to set a (persistent) randomization seed
      Help:
      GenPass.exe|GenPW.exe -- CLD rev. 2017-05-06
      Generate a strong password and save it to the Windows clipboard
      Note: GenPW.exe has the same functionality as GenPass.exe, but
            sends the generated password directly to the clipboard.
            No message box is displayed (unless password generation fails).

"Strong" means that the password contains random combinations of
      alphnumeric characters, including at least one uppercase letter
      (A-N,P-Z), one lowercase letter (a-k,m-z), and one number (0-9).
      (Generated passwords do not use uppercase O or lowercase l as
      these characters are easily confused with the numbers 0 and 1.)
      The length of the password is up to you (see Usage, below),
      but needless to say, the longer, the stronger.
      By default, GenPass generates a strong password of between 13
      and 22 characters that includes two of the following separator
      characters: $%&()*+,-./:;@[]_. Alternatively, you can supply a
      command-line argument in which any number n from 1 to 9 stands
      for a random sequence of alphanumeric characters of length
      n, and any other character stands for itself. Thus, you can
      include fixed words and other characters, such as separators,
      in the generated password. Spaces in the argument are converted
      to underscores. Here are some examples:
      Usage             Sample output
      -----             -------------
      GenPass           MqU26A*6dS-53r8
      GenPass 9         frdhPYDs9
      GenPass 58        weoXYHKxDI1uQ
      GenPass 5.5       UfA6j.43VBB
      GenPass 3-4-3     0I0-6gq4-njc
      GenPass 5,3.7     I2FSR,tRZ.fjeIsFy
      GenPass 3)5(3     UMf)m8513(CBq
      GenPass 3[haha]3  yLa[haha]P3y
      GenPass Yes way5  Yes_way1BsUh
      Seed Option (/S)
      ----------------
      Adding switch /S to the command-line argument causes GenPass to
      set a seed for the random generation of password characters. A
      bare /S sets a randomized seed which is written to disk in a file
      named GenPass.rnd; this seed is used for all subsequent launches
      of GenPass with the bare /S option. Alternatively, you can specify
      a seed (range -2^31 to 2^31-1) on the command line with /S [seed].
      Here are some examples:
      GenPass /S
      GenPass /S 33.3333
      GenPass 5,5,5 /S
      GenPass 5,5,5 /S 33.3333
      Note that any subsequent launch of GenPass without the /S option
      will cause GenPass.rnd to be deleted.
      Source:
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=GenPass.exe #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=y #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #cs GENPASS.AU3 -- AutoIt v3 CLD rev.2017-05-05 ------------------ Generate a strong password and save it to the clipboard >> Command GenPass ? for detailed help << ------------------------------------------------------- #ce #include <Clipboard.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", -4) FileInstall ("d:\path\GenPass.htm", @ScriptDir & "\GenPass.htm", $FC_OVERWRITE) ; Template/Seed Local $sTemp = "" Local $bSeed = False, $fSeed=False If $CmdLine[0] Then $sTemp = $CmdLineRaw If $CmdLine[$CmdLine[0]] = "/s" Then $bSeed = True $sTemp = StringTrimRight($sTemp, 2) $sTemp = StringStripWS($sTemp, $STR_STRIPTRAILING) EndIf If $CmdLine[$CmdLine[0] - 1] = "/s" Then $bSeed = True $fSeed = $CmdLine[$CmdLine[0]] $sTemp = StringTrimRight($sTemp, 3 + StringLen($fSeed)) $sTemp = StringStripWS($sTemp, $STR_STRIPTRAILING) EndIf EndIf If Not $sTemp Then $sTemp = "8" If $sTemp = "1" Then $aSeps = StringSplit("#$%&()*+,-./:;@[]_", "") $sTemp = String(Random(3,6,1)) & $aSeps[Random(1,$aSeps[0],1)] & _ String(Random(2,4,1)) & $aSeps[Random(1,$aSeps[0],1)] & _ String(Random(3,6,1)) EndIf $sFn = @ScriptDir&"\GenPass.rnd" If $bSeed Then If Not $fSeed Then If Not FileExists($sFn) Then $fSeed = Random(-1.999^31,1.999^31,0) $h=FileOpen($sFn,2) If $h > -1 Then FileWrite($h,$fSeed) FileClose($h) Else Exit MsgBox($MB_ICONWARNING, @ScriptName, "Error opening " & $sFn) EndIf Else $h=FileOpen($sFn) If $h > -1 Then $fSeed=FileRead($h) FileClose($h) Else Exit MsgBox($MB_ICONWARNING, @ScriptName, "Error opening " & $sFn) EndIf EndIf EndIf SRandom($fSeed) Else If FileExists($sFn) Then FileDelete($sFn) EndIf ; Show help If StringInStr("?Hh", $sTemp) Then If WinExists("[REGEXPTITLE:GenPass.exe:.*]") Then WinActivate("[REGEXPTITLE:GenPass.exe:.*]") Else ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\GenPass.htm") EndIf Exit EndIf ; Main $sTemp = StringReplace($sTemp, " ", "_") $iC = 1 While $iC < 10001 $sPW = GenPW($sTemp) If $sPW Then ClipPut($sPW) If Not StringInStr (@ScriptName, "GenPW") Then _ MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, @ScriptName, $sPW & _ " saved to clipboard" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _ @ScriptName & " ? shows detailed help") Exit Else $iC += 1 EndIf WEnd Exit MsgBox($MB_ICONWARNING, @ScriptName, "Password generation failed!") ;------------------------------- Func GenPw($sTemplate) Local $aIn = StringSplit($sTemplate,"") Local $sOut = "" Local $sABC = _ "0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789" Local $aAB = StringSplit($sABC, "") Local $bUC = 0, $bLC = 0, $bNR = 0 For $i = 1 To $aIn[0] If Int($aIn[$i]) Then $iK = $aIn[$i] For $j = 1 To $iK $iR = Random(1, $aAB[0],1) Select Case StringInStr("0123456789", $aAB[$iR]) $bNR = 1 Case StringInStr("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZ", _ $aAB[$iR], $STR_CASESENSE) $bUC = 1 Case StringInStr("abcdefghijklmnpqrstuvwxyz", _ $aAB[$iR], $STR_CASESENSE) $bLC = 1 EndSelect $sOut &= $aAB[$iR] Next Else $sOut &= $aIn[$i] EndIf Next If ($bUC And $bLC And $bNR) Then Return $sOut Else Return 0 EndIf EndFunc  
    • Fenzik
      By Fenzik
      ; Title .........: Password
      ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.2
      ; Description ...: UDF to work with passwords. Mostly ported from Javascript at http:rumkin.com/tools/password/passchk.php and improved a bit
      ; Author(s) .....: Fenzik + Team Adaptech
      ; #CURRENT# =====================================================================================================================
      ;_Password_Generate
      ;_Password_GetcharsetSize
      ;_Password_GetEntropy
      ;_Password_IsCommonWord
      ;_Password_Startup
      ; ===============================================================================================================================

It's my first UDF so please be nice.:)

If somebody have better idea how to store common dictionary and frequency table please post here...

Have fun!

Fenzik

Password.zip