Greetings!

Func caretPlay ()
    activateWindow ()
    WinActivate ($workSpace)
    Local $myCaret = WinGetCaretPos ()
    _ArrayDisplay ($myCaret)
EndFunc

Func activateWindow ()
   $workSpace = WinGetHandle ("Login - Google Chrome")
   WinActivate ($workSpace)
   $dimensions =  WinGetClientSize ($workSpace)
   $midPoint = $dimensions[1]/2
EndFunc

Those are two little functions in a larger app I am building.  When I run the "caretPlay" function it returns the same values of 0,0 regardless of where I position the caret. I did read on the function reference page for WinGetCaretPos that applications with Multiple Document Interfaces (MDIs) may not return accurate values. I tried all three options for the CaretCoordMode option with no change in results.

Either I am doing something wrong or Google Chrome isn't meant to work with this function. Any advice as to which it is?

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Zein
      By Zein
      #include "..\Include\Array.au3" #include "..\Include\File.au3" #include "..\Include\AutoItConstants.au3" Local $aRetArray Local $sFilePath = "n.csv" _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, ",") ; _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, $FRTA_COUNT, ",") _ArrayDisplay($aRetArray, "Original", Default, 8) The above code shows two versions of _FileReadToArray and both don't work as expected.
      The first one doesn't use the comma as a delimiter. (so I get a single column array)  I tried adding "Default" between $aRetArray and "," then it told me it had an incorrect number of parameters. 

I looked again at the documentation:

#include <File.au3> _FileReadToArray ( $sFilePath, ByRef $vReturn [, $iFlags = $FRTA_COUNT [, $sDelimiter = ""]] )
      And I with or without the flags params I should be getting a 2D array due to my file being a csv. 
      I then tried a regular flag, $FRTA_COUNT, and it tells me that I'm using a variable $FRTA_COUNT while it's not declared. Tried putting in 1 instead and it told me again, incorrect number of params. 

• ternal
      By ternal
      Hi,
      Recently I have had the need to do a sort and then do a second sort while the item of the first sort stays the same ( double sorting , first on column x then while column x is the same sort column y).
      I did not put much efffort into error checking but so far I did not need it.
      For my applications so far it works perfectly however if someone is willing I want to test this extensivly.
      If anyone has big lists of random stuff to sort could you try this out please?
      #include <Array.au3> ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _ArraySort_Double ; Description ...: ; Syntax ........: _ArraySort_Double (Byref $array[, $first_index = Default[, $second_index = Default[, $ascending = Default]]]) ; Parameters ....: $array - 2d array to sort. ; $first_index - [optional] first column to sort. Default is 0. ; $second_index - [optional] second column to sort. Default is 1. ; $ascending - [optional] ascending/descending. Default is 1. ; Return values .: 1 if no errors occured , -1 if errors occured ; Author ........: Ternal ; Remarks .......: Needs excessive testing. ; Related .......: _arraysort() ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _ArraySort_Double (byref $array, $first_index = Default, $second_index = Default, $ascending = Default) Local $temp_value Local $counter = 1 If UBound($array, $UBOUND_DIMENSIONS) <> 2 Then MsgBox(0, "error", "error") return -1 EndIf If $first_index = Default Then $first_index = 0 If $second_index = Default Then $second_index = 1 If $ascending = Default Then $ascending = 1 _ArraySort($array, $ascending, 0, 0, $first_index); you can alter settings of primary sort here If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf $temp_value = $array[0][$first_index] For $x = 1 to UBound($array, 1) - 1 If Mod( $x, 10000) = 0 Then ConsoleWrite("at " & $x & " of a total : " & UBound($array, 1) & @CRLF) If $array[$x][$first_index] = $temp_value Then $counter+= 1 If $x = UBound($array, 1) - 1 Then; do last line here(if last line is not a new item) _ArraySort($array, $ascending, $x - $counter, $x, $second_index);you can alter settings of secondary sort here(don't forget to place line 34 the exact same) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf EndIf Else If $counter > 0 Then ;at least 2 of the same _ArraySort($array, $ascending, $x - $counter, $x - 1, $second_index);you can alter settings of secondary sort here(don't forget to place line 29 the exact same) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf $counter = 1 EndIf EndIf $temp_value = $array[$x][$first_index] Next Return 1 EndFunc Kind regards, Ternal
    • TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      So I've made this script that detects how long i have held down my left mouse button for and stores the information in an array and then sorts its using _ArraySort but the output is half sorted half broken.
      Here's my script:
      HotKeySet("{F1}","_exit") #include <Misc.au3> #include <Timers.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $dll = DllOpen("user32.dll") $on = False Global $array[0] While(1) If _IsPressed(01,$dll) Then $timer = _Timer_Init() While _IsPressed(01,$dll) Sleep(1) WEnd $time = _Timer_Diff($timer) _ArrayAdd($array,"Time: " & Floor($time) & " ms") ;~ ConsoleWrite("Time: " & Floor($time) & " ms" & @CRLF) EndIf Sleep(50) WEnd Func _exit() _ArraySort($array) _ArrayDisplay($array) Exit EndFunc And the output:

See how its not sorted?  What is the problem here?
    • MrCheese
      By MrCheese
      Hi guys,
      See attached for an array example.
      to simplify what i want to achieve,  I want to split this array into 9 different csv files.
      the first file would contain the list of "key" and the corresponding "ID1", the second would have "key" and the "ID2", the third would have "key" and "ID3"
      However, I want to remove all the rows that don't have an ID recorded in the respective ID2, ID3 4...5...6 etc, so the file only contains row items with a key and the ID.
      Would be the best way to loop through the rows and delete the row if the array field is blank - would I then need to repeat that row ID to check that the row that its replaced is also empty (ie the one after the one I just deleted)? I see this getting messy.
      or _arraySort, and delete everything below the last filled row? <-- this might be best?
      Or should I use the excel UDF, apply a filter (not selecting the blanks), then create/export to the array->csv?

Super keen to hear your thoughts.
      thanks!

IDArray.csv
    • milkmoron
      By milkmoron
      I am trying to search in a web browser dates XX/XX/XXXX that are also links. I want to click them after and remove them from the array. This is all I have so far. Nothing shows up. What am I doing wrong?
      ControlFocus ("Customer Center", "", "")
      Local $aArray = StringRegExp('(..)/(..)/(....)', '(..)/(..)/(....)', $STR_REGEXPARRAYFULLMATCH)
      For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) - 1
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "RegExp Test with Option 2 - " & $i, $aArray[$i])
      Next