Simpel

[Solved] SciTE no functions working

21 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,

I updated to the last version. Since then a lot of functions are not working.  For instance expanding abbreviation. My au3abbrev.properties are correct and abbrev.properties are including both import lines. The abbreviation is red but won't expand. Neither with space nor Ctrl+B.

Debug to msgbox and console not working, list functions, jump to function, open include too.

SciTE Jump works. Block and box comment too.

I have the feeling all functions especially for autoit are not working.

Any help? Regards, Conrad

Edited by Simpel
solved

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win7Pro SP1   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Have you saved the file to one with an extension of .au3? Or have you opened a file with that extension?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I have opened a file with .au3 extension and this is in front.

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win7Pro SP1   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Hi,

even variables are not auto completing.

Regards, Conrad

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Have you ran the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer under your own credentials? 
Check if you have this directory "%localappdata%\AutoIt v3\SciTE" with a bunch of subdirectories? Ig not then copy then for the Userid you installed the installer with.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi,

I do have \AutoIt v3\Aut2exe but no \SciTE. Maybe it's because I never did install the last versions but took the expanded zip files and copied them to my AutoIt folder.

I can't install anything at this pc so I did a long time ago on a pc I owned. Year by year I made updates the way I told above. Because of this way I do have a lot of properties files and I always have to look which is the actual one. It's bad but I'm not sure which one I can kill.

So what has to be exactly in the %localappdata%\AutoIt v3\SciTE folder?

Can I delete properties files I have to put in this folder above from all other locations?

Thanks and regards, Conrad

Things should also work fine when using the zip file als long as you leave the file structure in place and don't have any SCITE* environment variables defined.
Lets take the abbrev issue:  Which file is opened when you go : SciTE/Options/Open Abbreviations file?
That is an indication where SciTE thinks your files are located.

Jos  

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

Aha.

Mouse over says C:\Users\ME\abbrev.properties. But there is no abbrev.properties inside. Better would?

I'd like to change it to another path. Where can I do this? In which file should I change the path and where may it lay now?

Conrad

Edited by Simpel

Oh sorry I didn't understand that.

What do you mean by "SCITE* environment variables defined"?

SciTE.exe is located here: "H:\_Conrad lokal\Downloads\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe"

Conrad

Just now, Simpel said:

What do you mean by "SCITE* environment variables defined"?

Go into a CMD window and type: set scite 
What is the result? ;)

1 minute ago, Simpel said:

SciTE.exe is located here: "H:\_Conrad lokal\Downloads\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe"

Then it is strange it is looking in %LOCALAPPDATA% for the abbrev.properties. So you either have an environment variable set or not the latest full version of SciTE. So also check the Help About and tell me what the first 3 lines state.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Wow. Fast answers.

set scite --> variable "scite" is not defined (in german of course)

About: SciTE-Lite Version 3.5.4 Sep 18 2015 15:04:36

I thought I downloaded full version.

Conrad

That SciTE version is too old and the Lite version that comes with the AutoIt3 installer, which is lacking all extra functionality!
You will need to download the ZIP version from the AutoIt3 Editor download page to get the portability support.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

#14 ·  Posted (edited)

YESSSS. All is working again. (I followed your signature. ;-)

Now I have to update SciTE with my own abbreviations and 3 tools I made. What are the recommended files to write this in?

Thank you til here. Conrad

Edited by Simpel

#15 ·  Posted (edited)

Drive H: is a network drive and AutoIt-Help is not working properly with WIN7: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/181732-help-in-autoit-v33142/?do=findComment&comment=1312091

So I have to locate the help file at C:\... What is the correct file to write this path in?

Conrad

Edit: I changed the path in file au3.properties.

Searched for "command.help.$(au3)=" and added full path.

Edited by Simpel
posting solution found by myself.

#16 ·  Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Simpel said:

What are the recommended files to write this in?

You need to be a little more specific here. For abbreviations you can use the abbreviation manager found in SciTEConfig.

AutoIt3 and SciTE really need to be located together for it to work best. SciTE should be a subdir of AutoIt3. As to the helpfile, have you check the file properties whether the helpfile is unlocked?

Jos

You probably appreciate why I made a installer to avoid all these issues! ;)

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I would prefer installer too, if I'm allowed to install. But I'm not.

SciTE is actually a subdir of AutoIt3.

Helpfile: I zipped and unzipped "AutoIt.chm" and "AutoItHelp.exe" to skip the flag downloaded by internet. This way I skipped the security window. If I doubleclick the .chm it will open properly and show all content. Doubleclicking the help.exe then the first time everything is ok. But from the second doubleclick on I see only index on the left side but no content on the right.

Can I pass a variable to the .chm so I can avoid the help.exe?

... have you check the file properties whether the helpfile is unlocked?

Here I'm not sure. What did you mean?

I put some abbrev into au3UserAbbrev and did put only these keywords into au3.keywords.user.abbreviations. Now it's funny:

First: Global abbrev now only expand with Ctrl+B. Before they expanded with space too. That's a pity.

Second: Global abbrev are not coloured in red anymore. A pity too.

So do I have to change the global abbrev file? I want avoid that due to later updates.

Regards, Conrad

P.S. Again: thanks for that great support.

14 minutes ago, Simpel said:

Here I'm not sure. What did you mean?

Rightmouse click on the file & Properties. SOmetimes a Helpfile shows its blocked and you need to unblock it before you can use it. This is a windows security measure.

16 minutes ago, Simpel said:

I put some abbrev into au3UserAbbrev and did put only these keywords into au3.keywords.user.abbreviations. Now it's funny:

First: Global abbrev now only expand with Ctrl+B. Before they expanded with space too. That's a pity.

Second: Global abbrev are not coloured in red anymore. A pity too.

Means you did something wrong because it works when unzipping the original package ... right? :)

So what did you change?  (Zip up the abbrev files and PM them to me when you cant figure it out so I can have a look)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Found solution for expanding by myself: au3.keywords.user.abbreviations seemed to be the new master. If this file is existing only keywords inside this file will expand by space and will change color to red.

So it's easy. I copied all the content of au3.keywords.abbreviations into au3.keywords.user.abbreviations and appended my own keywords. In case of an update I only have to change the first part of my au3.keywords.user.abbreviations.

Helpfile seemed to be unblocked. There is nothing like this to find inside the file properties.

There seemed to be a possibility to pass parameters to a .chm file (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11076952/open-chm-file-at-specific-page-topic-using-command-line-arguments) but I don't understand enough to change it into a code for the F1 section in au3.properties.

Conrad

#20 ·  Posted (edited)

I will have a look at what happens when i open up a portable setup from my NAS to see if there are issues opening the helpfile.

Just opening AutoIt.chm seems to show the TOC or Index but not the actual Helpfile page content.

Stay tuned

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BugFix
      By BugFix
      Hi,
      I think, you all know this: You look at a script containing color values. You have a rough idea of the colors, but would like to know how it looks like. 
      I have created a Lua script that displays the color of the value in SciTE as Calltip. Set the cursor in the Hex-value, press the hotkey. Above the value a Call tip appears. The background color corresponds to the hex value.
      Read the function header to obtain installation instructions.
      So it looks.  
      EDIT:
      I think it's better to bind the function not only of AutoIt. If it can be called in all files, also the color settings in the * .properties can view. For this purpose remove the file attachment from the call. Use: command.13.*=  instead of: command.13.*.au3=

EDIT 20.07.2015:
      Now I've made some changes
      - You can switch to show colors as RGB or BGR
      - added new function: PreviewBackForeColor
      To have a preview for back and fore color:
      - Write in one line first the back color, than the fore color (i. e. as comment: "; 0xDEDEDE 0x000080") OR
        have this values inside a function call: "_AnyFunction($param1, $param2, 0xDEDEDE, $param3 0x000080)".
        If the order inside the call is reverse (first hex value is fore color), you can call the function with Flag "_fFore1st=true"
      - No other color value may be included in this line. If any - the first and second color will used.
      - Set the cursor in this line and hit the Hotkey.
      - A Calltip appears with the back color and the text "FORE-COLOR" with color of the fore value.
      - If only one color value was find in this line, this value will used as back color or, if Flag is "true", as fore color.
        In this cases the fore color is set to black and with Flag the back color is the default GUI back color "0xF0F0F0"
      Because you've different functions in one script, you need another way to install and call it. Read the instructions inside the script.
      First color used as back color, second as fore color.

Function called with flag - first color is now the fore color.

EDIT 2018-01-16:
      Added: 
      Now be also recognized in au3 scripts, variables/constants which have an color assignment inside the script or inside an include file from this script.
      But it can only be one assignment per line. If the assignment is inside a comment line or -block, it will ignored.
      The assignment can also be build by using function(s) [from script or include files].
      example:  "Local $COLOR = '0x' & Hex(Mod(@SEC, 2) ? Random(0,0x000FFF, 1) : Random(0x001000, 0xFFF000, 1), 8)"
      But the functions must NOT CONTAIN any VARIABLES! This would require a recursive assignment search. Impossible if variables get values only at runtime.
      You can disable the search inside include files with an entry in SciTEUser.properties:
      #~ "ShowHexColorFromCursor.lua", Dis/Enable search in Includes (0/1  NO/YES)
      Get.Color.Assignment.Includes=0
      The default value (without settings) is '1', enabled.
      Includes in comments will ignored.
      current version v0.8

EDIT 2018-02-22:
      Changed: Read assignment from function call got any problems - removed.
      Fixed: Unexpected behavior if caret doesn't touch any hex value while calling the function.
      Added: Recognition of hex values from length 1 hex character.
      Added: Instead of default behavior for hiding the calltip, [line 75] local bCALLTIP_END_ANYKEY = true can be used to immediately fade out the tip every time you press a key or move a mouse.
      current version v0.10
      -- TIME_STAMP 2018-02-22 10:26:36 v 0.10 --[[------------- I N S T A L L A T I O N A N D U S I N G I N S T R U C T I O N -------------- Save the file. At first, make an entry in your SciTEStartup.lua LoadLuaFile("ShowHexColorFromCursor.lua", "C:\\Your Path\\with Backslash\\") Select free command-numbers from your SciTEUser.properties. Customize the following settings with this numbers. # 13 Show HexColor RGB command.name.13.*=Show RGB-Color From Cursor command.13.*=dostring ShowHexColorFromCursor() command.mode.13.*=subsystem:lua,savebefore:yes command.shortcut.13.*=Ctrl+Shift+F11 # 14 Show HexColor BGR command.name.14.*=Show BGR-Color From Cursor command.14.*=dostring ShowHexColorFromCursor(true) command.mode.14.*=subsystem:lua,savebefore:yes command.shortcut.14.*=Ctrl+Alt+F11 Set the cursor in the Hex-value, press the hotkey to show the color as RGB or as BGR. Above the value a Call tip appears. The background color corresponds to the hex value. A possible alpha component is ignored. [NEW] Now be also recognized in au3 scripts, variables/constants which have an color assignment inside the script or inside an include file from this script. PLEASE NOTE: Each line may only contain one assignment! If the assignment is inside a comment line or -block, it will ignored. You can disable the search inside include files with an entry in SciTEUser.properties: #~ "ShowHexColorFromCursor.lua", Dis/Enable search in Includes (0/1 NO/YES) Get.Color.Assignment.Includes=0 The default value (without settings) is '1', enabled. Includes in comments will ignored. Be recognized AutoIt hex color code "0x12AB34" and also HTML hex color code "#12AB34" with length from 1 to 6 hex characters. Possible alpha information will ignored. PREVIEW FOR BACK AND FORE COLOR: - Write in one line first the back color, than the fore color (i. e. as comment: "; 0xDEDEDE 0x000080") OR have this values inside a function call: "_AnyFunction($param1, $param2, 0xDEDEDE, $param3 0x000080)". If the order inside the call is reverse (first hex value is fore color), you can call the function with Flag "_fFore1st=true" - No other color value may be included in this line. If any - the first and second color will used. - Set the cursor in this line and hit the Hotkey. - A Calltip appears with the back color and the text "FORE-COLOR" with color of the fore value. - If only one color value was find in this line, this value will used as back color or, if Flag is "true", as fore color. In this cases the fore color is set to black and with Flag the back color is the default GUI back color "0xF0F0F0" For use with AutoIt color values only. To have both calls (w/wo flag) make two commands: # 11 Preview Back and Fore Color / first color value is back color command.name.11.*.au3=Preview Back and Fore Color command.11.*.au3=dostring PreviewBackForeColor() command.mode.11.*.au3=subsystem:lua,savebefore:yes command.shortcut.11.*.au3=Ctrl+Shift+F12 # 16 Preview Fore and Back Color / first color value is fore color command.name.16.*.au3=Preview Fore and Back Color command.16.*.au3=dostring PreviewBackForeColor(true) command.mode.16.*.au3=subsystem:lua,savebefore:yes command.shortcut.16.*.au3=Ctrl+Alt+F12 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]] local bDEBUG = false -- set "true" to get debug output local bCALLTIP_END_ANYKEY = false -- set "true" to cancel the calltip with any key or mouse move ------------------------------------------------------------ list object to manipulate simple tables local objList = { list = {}, delall = function(self) self.list = {} return self end, addonce = function(self, _val, _casesense) -- return true, if added local exists = function(_val, _casesense) for k in pairs(self.list) do if _casesense then if self.list[k] == _val then return true end else if tostring(self.list[k]):upper() == tostring(_val):upper() then return true end end end return false end if not exists(_val, _casesense) then table.insert(self.list, _val) return true end return nil end, new = function(self, _obj) _obj = _obj or {} setmetatable(_obj, self) self.__index = self return _obj end } --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- /object list --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- object color local objColor = { --------------------------------------------- variable will un/set if color-calltip is not/shown colortip_show = false, --------------------------------- user can disable search inside include files, default: enabled search_in_includes = true, ------------------------------------------------------------------- the default calltip position calltips_pos_def = false, ------------------------------------------------------------ the default calltip highlight color calltips_colorhlt_def = 0x0000FF, -- BGR (red) ---------------------------------------------------------- list with include storage directories lInclPathes = objList:new(), -------------------------------------------------- list/string with includes from current buffer lIncl = objList:new(), sIncl = '', ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- pattern pattHex = '()0x([0-9a-fA-F][0-9a-fA-F])([0-9a-fA-F][0-9a-fA-F])([0-9a-fA-F][0-9a-fA-F])', pattHex2 = '[0-9a-fA-F][0-9a-fA-F]', pattHexN = '0-[x#]([0-9a-fA-F]+)', pattHexEnd = '0x[0-9a-fA-F]+()', pattCS1 = '^#[Cc][Oo][Mm][Mm][Ee][Nn][Tt][Ss]%-[Ss][Tt][Aa][Rr][Tt]', pattCE1 = '^#[Cc][Oo][Mm][Mm][Ee][Nn][Tt][Ss]%-[Ee][Nn][Dd]', pattCS2 = '^#[Cc][Ss]', pattCE2 = '^#[Cc][Ee]', pattComment = '^%s*;', ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- pathes sPathGetColorAU3, sFileResult, TEMPDIR = props['SciteUserHome']..'\\..\\..\\Temp', sAU3exe = props['SciteDefaultHome']..'\\..\\AutoIt3.exe', ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ set calltip values back to defaults SetCalltipsDefault = function(self) self.colortip_show = false scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETBACK, 0xFFFFFF) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETFOREHLT, self.calltips_colorhlt_def) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETPOSITION, self.calltips_pos_def) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Calltips set to defaults') end end, ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- /SetCalltipsDefault ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ initialize values Startup = function(self) if props['Get.Color.Assignment.Includes'] == '0' then self.search_in_includes = false end if tonumber(props['calltips.set.above']) == 1 then self.calltips_pos_def = true end if props['calltips.color.highlight'] ~= '' then local colorhlt_user = myCallTips:BGR2Decimal(props['calltips.color.highlight']) if colorhlt_user ~= nil then self.calltips_colorhlt_def = colorhlt_user end end local sProp = props['openpath.$(au3)'] for w in sProp:gmatch('([^;]+)') do self.lInclPathes:addonce(w) end self.sPathGetColorAU3 = self.TEMPDIR..'\\ExecLineGetColor.au3' self.sFileResult = self.TEMPDIR..'\\ExecLineColor.txt' end, --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- /Startup -------- check for comment line/block. Return "true/false, 0/1/-1" (0=comment line/1=#cs/-1=#ce) -- returned number for de/increase comment counter CheckComment = function(self, _s) local iMatch = _s:find(self.pattComment) if iMatch ~= nil then return true, 0 end iMatch = _s:find(self.pattCS1) or _s:find(self.pattCS2) if iMatch ~= nil then return true, 1 end iMatch = _s:find(self.pattCE1) or _s:find(self.pattCE2) if iMatch ~= nil then return true, -1 end return false, 0 end, ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------- read include files from current buffer IncludesFromBuffer = function(self) local sText, boolCmnt, countCmnt, n, incl = editor:GetText(), false, 0 self.lIncl:delall() self.sIncl = '' for line in sText:gmatch('([^\r\n]+)') do boolCmnt, n = self:CheckComment(line) if boolCmnt then countCmnt = countCmnt + (n) end if not boolCmnt and countCmnt == 0 then -- none comment line or block -- #include <abc.au3> incl = line:match("#[iI][nN][cC][lL][uU][dD][eE]%s-<([%w%s_.]+)>") if incl ~= nil then if self.lIncl:addonce(incl) then self.sIncl = self.sIncl..'#include <'..incl..'>\n' if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: IncludesFromBuffer.Add "#include <'..incl..'>"\n') end end else -- #include 'abc.au3' or #include "abc.au3" _, incl = line:match("#[iI][nN][cC][lL][uU][dD][eE]%s-([\"'])([%w%s_.:\\]+)%1") if incl ~= nil then if incl:sub(1,1) == '\\' then incl = incl:sub(2,-1) end if self.lIncl:addonce(incl) then if incl:sub(2,2) == ':' then self.sIncl = self.sIncl..'#include "'..incl..'"\n' if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: IncludesFromBuffer.Add "#include '.."'"..incl.."'"..'"\n') end else self.sIncl = self.sIncl..'#include "'..props['FileDir']..'\\'..incl..'"\n' if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: IncludesFromBuffer.Add "#include '.."'"..props['FileDir']..'\\'..incl.."'"..'"\n') end end end end end end end end, ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- /IncludesFromBuffer ------------------------------------------ create the au3 file for executing the assignment line CreateAU3 = function(self, _sLineAssignment) local sTextAU3 = self.sIncl.. 'Global $sFileExport = @TempDir & "\\ExecLineColor.txt"\n'.. 'FileDelete($sFileExport)\n'.. 'Global $sLine = "'.._sLineAssignment..'" ; line: $Variable = assignment\n'.. 'If $sLine = "NONE" Then Exit\n'.. 'Global $sExec = StringTrimLeft($sLine, StringInStr($sLine, "="))\n'.. 'Global $sColor = "0x" & Hex(Execute($sExec), 6)\n'.. 'If Not StringRegExp($sColor, "^0x[0-9A-F]{6}$") Then Exit\n'.. 'FileWrite($sFileExport, $sColor)\n' local fH = io.open(self.sPathGetColorAU3, 'w+') fH:write(sTextAU3) fH:close() end, ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- /CreateAU3 --------------------------------- check, if file containing the assignment for selected variable FindAssignment = function(self, _path, _sSelection) local fH = io.open(_path) if fH ~= nil then local sRead, boolCmnt, countCmnt, n = fH:read('*all'), false, 0 fH:close() for line in sRead:gmatch('([^\r\n]+)') do boolCmnt, n = self:CheckComment(line) if boolCmnt then countCmnt = countCmnt + (n) end if not boolCmnt and countCmnt == 0 then -- none comment line or block if line:find(_sSelection..'%s*=') then if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Assignment line "'..line..'"\n') end return line end end end end return nil end, -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- /FindAssignment -------------------------------------------------------------------- detects color from variable GetColorValueFromVariable = function(self, _sSelection, _iCursor, _var_beginPos, _var_endPos, _fBGR) local sLine = self:FindAssignment(props['FilePath'], _sSelection) if sLine == nil then -- search inside include files -- do it not, if the user has disabled: "Get.Color.Assignment.Includes=0" (default = 1 - enabled) if self.search_in_includes then self:IncludesFromBuffer() -- get include files if #self.lIncl.list ~= 0 then -- open each include file, search line with assignment "_sSelection =" for i=1, #self.lIncl.list do if self.lIncl.list[i]:sub(2,2) == ':' then -- include has full path, search only in this file sLine = self:FindAssignment(self.lIncl.list[i], _sSelection) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search "'.._sSelection..'" in "'..self.lIncl.list[i]..'" --> '..tostring(sLine ~= nil)..'\n') end end if sLine == nil and self.lIncl.list[i]:find('\\') then -- include has partial path, check first if exist in @ScriptDir sLine = self:FindAssignment(props['FileDir']..'\\'..self.lIncl.list[i], _sSelection) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search "'.._sSelection..'" in "'..props['FileDir']..'\\'..self.lIncl.list[i]..'" --> '..tostring(sLine ~= nil)..'\n') end end if sLine == nil then -- include has filename only (or partial path), -- .. concanate all directories with this for searching for j=1, #self.lInclPathes.list do sLine = self:FindAssignment(self.lInclPathes.list[j]..'\\'..self.lIncl.list[i], _sSelection) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search "'.._sSelection..'" in "'..self.lInclPathes.list[j]..'\\'..self.lIncl.list[i]..'" --> '..tostring(sLine ~= nil)..'\n') end if sLine == nil then sLine = self:FindAssignment(props['FileDir']..'\\'..self.lIncl.list[i], _sSelection) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search "'.._sSelection..'" in "'..props['FileDir']..'\\'..self.lIncl.list[i]..'" --> '..tostring(sLine ~= nil)..'\n') end end if sLine ~= nil then break end end end end end end end if sLine == nil then sLine = 'NONE' else -- trim characters right from assignment sLine = sLine:sub(1,sLine:match(self.pattHexEnd)) end if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search "'.._sSelection..'" \n> DEBUG: Result "'..sLine..'"\n') end -- create the au3-file for executing the assignment line, with 'NONE' - the last result file will delete self:CreateAU3(sLine) -- run the au3-file local sCmd = '"'..self.sAU3exe..'" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "'..self.sPathGetColorAU3..'"'..' "'..sLine..'"' if shell then shell.exec(sCmd, nil, true, true) else os.execute('start "" '..sCmd) end -- check for result local fH = io.open(self.sFileResult) if fH == nil then scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSHOW, _var_beginPos +1, (' NONE COLOR ASSIGNED! ')) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETHLT, 0, 22) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETBACK, 0x33FFFF) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETFOREHLT, 0x0000FF) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETPOSITION, true) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Set Calltip "'.._sSelection..'" --> "NONE COLOR ASSIGNED!"\n') end else local sValue = fH:read() fH:close() local R,G,B = sValue:match('('..self.pattHex2..')('..self.pattHex2..')('..self.pattHex2..')$') local iLen = _var_endPos - _var_beginPos -1 scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSHOW, _var_beginPos +1, (' '):rep(iLen)) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETHLT, 0, iLen) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETPOSITION, true) if _fBGR == true then scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETBACK, tonumber(string.format('0x%s%s%s', R,G,B))) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Set Calltip BGR "'.._sSelection..'" --> "'..string.format('0x%s%s%s', R,G,B)..'"\n') end else scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETBACK, tonumber(string.format('0x%s%s%s', B,G,R))) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Set Calltip RGB "'.._sSelection..'" --> "'..string.format('0x%s%s%s', B,G,R)..'"\n') end end end self.colortip_show = true editor:SetSelection(_iCursor, _iCursor) end, --------------------------------------------------------------------- /GetColorValueFromVariable ----------------------------------------- grabs the color value or variable from cursor position FromCursor = function(self, _fBGR) local function isHexChar(_asc) local sChar = string.char(_asc) if sChar:find('[#x0-9a-fA-F]') then return true else return false end end local cursor = editor.CurrentPos -- check if cursor is possible inside a variable local var_beginPos, var_endPos = cursor if string.char(editor.CharAt[cursor]) ~= '$' then -- cursor is inside or behind the variable (if its a variable) editor:WordLeft() -- skip to the left end var_beginPos = editor.CurrentPos -- is it a variable? if string.char(editor.CharAt[var_beginPos]) == '$' then -- now the cursor is in front of variable editor:WordRight() var_endPos = editor.CurrentPos editor:SetSelection(var_beginPos, var_endPos) local sSelection = editor:GetSelText() local iLenSel = sSelection:len() -- trim spaces on right site, if any sSelection = sSelection:gsub('%s+$','') var_endPos = var_endPos - (iLenSel - sSelection:len()) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Cursor on variable "'..sSelection..'"\n') end return self:GetColorValueFromVariable(sSelection, cursor, var_beginPos, var_endPos, _fBGR) end -- cursor inside hex value? local beginPos, endPos = cursor, cursor while isHexChar(editor.CharAt[beginPos-1]) do beginPos = beginPos - 1 end while isHexChar(editor.CharAt[endPos]) do endPos = endPos + 1 end if beginPos ~= endPos then if beginPos > endPos then editor:SetSelection(endPos, beginPos) else editor:SetSelection(beginPos, endPos) end local sMatch = tostring(editor:GetSelText()):match(self.pattHexN) if sMatch == nil then return editor:SetSelection(cursor, cursor) end local sHex6 = '0x'..('0'):rep(6-sMatch:len())..sMatch local iLen = sMatch:len() +2 local R,G,B = tostring(sHex6):match('('..self.pattHex2..')('..self.pattHex2..')('..self.pattHex2..')$') if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Cursor on hex value\n') end editor:SetSelection(cursor, cursor) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSHOW, beginPos+1, (' '):rep(iLen-1)) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETHLT, 0, iLen-1) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETPOSITION, true) if _fBGR == true then scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETBACK, tonumber(string.format('0x%s%s%s', R,G,B))) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Set Calltip BGR hex value --> "'..string.format('0x%s%s%s', R,G,B)..'"\n') end else scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETBACK, tonumber(string.format('0x%s%s%s', B,G,R))) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Set Calltip RGB hex value --> "'..string.format('0x%s%s%s', B,G,R)..'"\n') end end self.colortip_show = true else editor:SetSelection(cursor, cursor) end end, ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ /FromCursor ----------------------------------------------------------------------- show back and fore color PreviewBackForeColor = function(self, _fFore1st) local iBackCol, iForeCol = 0xF0F0F0, 0x000000 local cursor = editor.CurrentPos local sLine, iColumn = editor:GetCurLine() local iLineStartPos = cursor - iColumn local tMatch, beginPos = {}, nil for s, r, g, b in sLine:gmatch(self.pattHex) do if beginPos == nil then beginPos = s end local t = {} t['R']=r t['G']=g t['B']=b table.insert(tMatch, t) end if #tMatch == 0 then if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search back/fore color --> "FAILED"\n') end return elseif #tMatch == 1 then if _fFore1st == true then iForeCol = tonumber(string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[1].B, tMatch[1].G, tMatch[1].R)) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search back/fore color "ForeColor" --> "'..string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[1].B, tMatch[1].G, tMatch[1].R)..'"\n') end else iBackCol = tonumber(string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[1].B, tMatch[1].G, tMatch[1].R)) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search back/fore color "BackColor" --> "'..string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[1].B, tMatch[1].G, tMatch[1].R)..'"\n') end end else if _fFore1st == true then iForeCol = tonumber(string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[1].B, tMatch[1].G, tMatch[1].R)) iBackCol = tonumber(string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[2].B, tMatch[2].G, tMatch[2].R)) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search back/fore color "ForeColor" --> "'..string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[1].B, tMatch[1].G, tMatch[1].R)..'"\n') end if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search back/fore color "BackColor" --> "'..string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[2].B, tMatch[2].G, tMatch[2].R)..'"\n') end else iForeCol = tonumber(string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[2].B, tMatch[2].G, tMatch[2].R)) iBackCol = tonumber(string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[1].B, tMatch[1].G, tMatch[1].R)) if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search back/fore color "ForeColor" --> "'..string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[2].B, tMatch[2].G, tMatch[2].R)..'"\n') end if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Search back/fore color "BackColor" --> "'..string.format('0x%s%s%s', tMatch[1].B, tMatch[1].G, tMatch[1].R)..'"\n') end end end if bDEBUG then output:AppendText('> DEBUG: Set calltip back/fore color\n') end scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSHOW, iLineStartPos + beginPos, ' FORE-COLOR ') scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETHLT, 0, 12) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETBACK, iBackCol) scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPSETFOREHLT, iForeCol) self.colortip_show = true end -------------------------------------------------------------------------- /PreviewBackForeColor } -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- /object color ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- region EventClass ShowColorEvt = EventClass:new(Common) function ShowColorEvt:OnKey() if objColor.colortip_show then if bCALLTIP_END_ANYKEY then scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPCANCEL) end objColor:SetCalltipsDefault() end end function ShowColorEvt:OnDwellStart() if objColor.colortip_show then if bCALLTIP_END_ANYKEY then scite.SendEditor(SCI_CALLTIPCANCEL) end objColor:SetCalltipsDefault() end end --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- /region EventClass -------------------------------------------------------------------------- function call redirection function ShowHexColorFromCursor(_fBGR) objColor:FromCursor(_fBGR) end --> ShowHexColorFromCursor function PreviewBackForeColor(_fFore1st) objColor:PreviewBackForeColor(_fFore1st) end --> PreviewBackForeColor ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- run startup objColor:Startup() ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

ShowHexColorFromCursor[0.10].lua
    • c.haslam
      By c.haslam
      cDebug.au3 includes four main debugging UDFs: _GuiDebug(), _ConsDebug(), _ClipDebug() and _FormatValsForDebug(). They all dump the values of all AutoIt subtypes and expressions, in a structured manner, including nested arrays and slices of them, and even DLL structs and maps. It is an alternative to a graphical debugger, offering GUI output.
      The format for calling the UDFs has been designed to make coding a call as convenient and fast as possible, minimizing coding effort and the chances of errors: the $name argument is often the same as the variables arguments, enclosed in quote marks.
      For DLL structures, if you specify a tag, cDebug checks for differences between it and what it detects. If you only specify a structure variable, it can report the structure it detects, with the values of elements.
      It does its best to avoid hiding your code in SciTE.
      #include cDebug.au3 at the top of your script.
      It is fully documented in cDebug.pdf .  During debugging and development of new features, the current version is used to debug the upcoming version, so there is much testing, even so the may be some bugs, particularly in new features, such as reporting on DLL structures and maps. Bug reports and suggestions are welcome.
      These UDFs have been in regular use for some years. Suggestions and bug reports are most welcome.
      Because cDebug reports maps, it requires AutoIt 3.3.15.0 or later.
      A teaser
      This script:
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=B ; beta 3.3.15.0 or greater is mandatory #include "cDebug devel.au3" Local $seasons[] $seasons.summer = 'May to September' $seasons.spring = 'April' $seasons.fall = 'October to November' $seasons.winter = 'December to March' Local $aCats[3][3] = [['jack','black',3],['suki','grey',4],[$seasons,'','']] Local $i = 1 Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate('uint') DllStructSetData($tStruct,1,2018) _GuiDebug('At line '&@ScriptLineNumber,'$cats,jack is,$cats[..][$i],$i,hex,structure{uint}', _ $aCats,$aCats[0][2],$aCats,$i,Hex(-$i),$tstruct) produces:

Edit history
      See documentation PDF
      Acknowledgements
      Melba23, Kafu, ProgAndy, jchd
    • c.haslam
      By c.haslam
      cDebug.au3 includes four main debugging UDFs: _GuiDebug(), _ConsDebug(), _ClipDebug() and _FormatValsForDebug(). They all dump the values of all AutoIt subtypes and expressions, in a structured manner, including nested arrays and slices of them, and even DLL structs. It is an alternative to a graphical debugger, offering GUI output.
      The format for calling the UDFs has been designed to make coding a call as convenient and fast as possible, minimizing coding effort and the chances of errors: the $name argument is often the same as the variables arguments, enclosed in quote marks.
      For DLL structures, if you specify a tag, cDebug checks for differences between it and what it detects. If you only specify a structure variable, it can report the structure it detects, with the values of elements.
      It does its best to avoid hiding your code in SciTE.
      #include cDebug.au3 at the top of your script.
      It is fully documented.  During development of new features, the current version is used to debug the upcoming version, so there is much testing.
      These UDFs have been in regular use for some years. Suggestions and bug reports are most welcome.
      Get the latest version in Example Scripts
      ##AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=B ; beta 3.3.15.0 or greater is mandatory #include "cDebug devel.au3" Local $seasons[] $seasons.summer = 'May to September' $seasons.spring = 'April' $seasons.fall = 'October to November' $seasons.winter = 'December to March' Local $aCats[3][3] = [['jack','black',3],['suki','grey',4],[$seasons,'','']] Local $i = 1 Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate('uint') DllStructSetData($tStruct,1,2018) _GuiDebug('At line '&@ScriptLineNumber,'$cats,jack is,$cats[..][$i],$i,hex,structure{uint}', _ $aCats,$aCats[0][2],$aCats,$i,Hex(-$i),$tstruct) reports

• okolaris
      By okolaris
      Hey everyone,
      I thought I might share my little Language UDF plus the more powerful SciTE Tool to ship Strings from SciTE into the xml file. While I haven't had the time to fully adapt the small UDF to one of the big XML-UDFs the so called "Language Transmitter" that basically writes the XML file for you runs mostly on "XML DOM wrapper (COM)" by eltorro. The Transmitter should work with other XML-Language-UDFs depending on their encoding.

First let's start with the UDF, there are two functions of interest: _LangInit($sFilePath) and s($sString) As you will have guessed, _LangInit($sFilePath) is called once to initialize the UDF and s($sString) is used to receive the string to your key. Plain and simple.
      Now to the actual "new" part, the Language Transmitter. It basically allows you to transfer a selected String from SciTE into a xml file. While doing so it will scan for AutoIt variables, macros etc. and parse the string to fit StringFormat(). It then saves the formatted string in the xml file and returns the formatted call into SciTE. If the selected string is already defined it will directly parse the key into SciTE. To change the default output file, you can either edit the ini-file in the @ScriptDir of the LanguageTransmitter.exe or press Alt+A on empty space again and keep clicking cancel/no until the Transmitter let's you select the current output file. Standard output is strings.xml in the current opened AutoIt Script.
      Example:
      ; given the line: MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Error message') ; select 'Error' run the Transmitter follow the instructions, repeat with 'Error message'. Outcome (e.g.): MsgBox(16, s('Error'), s('Error_msg')) ; Variables and Macro example: $sString = "Value: " & $iValue & @CRLF & 'Another value: '& $iValue2 ; Select the full string including all AutoIt variables and macros etc. in SciTE and press Alt+A (default) to run the LanguageTransmitter ; follow the instructions and it will then paste a formatted string like that into SciTE: $sVar = StringFormat(s('Key'), $iValue, $iValue2) ; the correlating xml entry should look like that: ; <string name="Key">Value: %s\r\nAnother value: %s</string> ; as you can see @CRLF has been replaced with \r\n as well. If you are working on a project and want to directly add a string to the xml file just start the Language Transmitter without selecting any text, enter your string and a key.
      SetUp/Installation
      Examples
      Since xml files are required all examples can be found in the zip file. There are two examples, one includes a language selection interface.
      Language File Checker
      I added a script to check whether the xml file contains all required strings or even unnecessary strings.

Hope you like my little helper!

UDF - LanguageSupport.zip
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      A fullscreen console with custom commands!

Introduction:
      Hi everyone!
      This funny project started as a question in the help section:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174404-edit-detect-key-before-updating-content/
      I'd like to share this script with everyone that is interested. 

Why would I want it?
      You like the old style fullscreen console (like in the old day's), You can add custom commands, You can customize the font a lot more compared to cmd.exe, You can share ideas or add tweaks to the script.  
      Still to do:
      Write a simple custom programming language to implement this tool. Writing a little help file / pdf to describe my little programming language. Add little sound effects like a beep if there is a syntax error (optional). Clean up and modify Console.Au3 content. Add an option to have to type a login password (optional). Make an optional installer that also gives scripts for this tool a custom icon and open with command. ...Call Neo?  
      Thanks to:
      xxaviarxx: debugging, some ideas. jguinch: debugging, adding a bunch of tweaks and ideas. kylomas: debugging, new ideas.  
      Edits and updates:
      Added usage of tab key in edit control Edit has focus now on startup I'm currently rewriting a simple custom programming language to implement this tool.  
      UDF download: Console.au3

Regards
      TheAutomator