OrangeCoder

Function Launch

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone - I tried searching for this and had no luck - so sorry if it was already posted somewhere

Is it possible to have a message box / or something similar to a message box appear and when you press ok - the clicks runs a function ?

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

;~ Local $vRespon = MsgBox($MB_OK, "title", "text")
Local $vRespon = MsgBox($MB_OKCANCEL, "title", "text")
If $vRespon = $IDOK Then _DoOtherFunction()
; Continue

Edited by Trong

“The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something Before you feel good about yourself.”

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

By 31290
      Hi guys, 
      Hope you are fine today
      I'm trying to restart a function by calling it back in the script:
      Here's my code so far:
      Func f_VPN() $iInputBox = InputBox("Password", "Please Enter the User's password.") If @Error = 1 Then GUICtrlSetState($fVPN, $GUI_UNCHECKED) Else ShellExecute("C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\vpnui.exe") $hVPN = WinWait("Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client", "Ready to connect") ControlClick($hVPN, "", "Button1") $hVPN1 = WinWait("Cisco AnyConnect | SEE VPN", "Cancel") ControlSetText($hVPN1, "", "Edit2", @Username) Sleep(250) ControlSetText($hVPN1, "", "Edit3", $iInputBox) Sleep(250) ControlClick($hVPN1, "", "Button1") Sleep(5000) If ControlGetText("Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client", "", "Static2") = "Login Failed" Then ControlClick("Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client", "", "Button4") WinClose($hVPN) f_VPN() Else ShellExecute("C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\vpnui.exe") If ControlGetText("Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client", "", "Static2") = "Connected To SEE VPN." Then ControlClick("Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client", "", "Button1") Sleep(1000) WinClose("Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client", "") ProcessClose("vpnui.exe") ; ProcessClose("explorer.exe") <<< TO UNCOMMENT IniWrite($oIniFile, "LaptopChkBox", "VPN", "1") EndIf EndIf EndFunc I'd like to the function to be restarted in the case the password provided is not correct. 
      I've googled many things but nothing very relevant.
      Any ideas over here?
      Thanks

• WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi guys,
      Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong with this code?
      I'm trying to take user input and then run a function with the same name, but it's not calling the function.
      So in the below after pressing Shift+F8 I would enter the text (without quotes) "testFunc".
      As you can see I've also tried this with IF statements, I'm new to using Switch/Case.
      HotKeySet("+{F8}", RunManually) Func RunManually() ;Use a case statement with 1 hot key and an InputBox to manually run functions $funcName = InputBox("Which Func to Run?", "Enter the name of the function to run") MsgBox(0, "Entered value", $funcName) ;If $funcName = testFunc Then testFunc() ;If $funcName = test2Func Then test2Func() Switch $funcName Case testFunc MsgBox(0, "Calling", "Calling Function") testFunc() MsgBox(0, "Called", "Function call finished") Case test2Func MsgBox(0, "Calling", "Calling Function") test2Func() MsgBox(0, "Called", "Function call finished") EndSwitch EndFunc While 1 ;testFunc() Sleep(1000) WEnd Func testFunc() MsgBox(0, "func running", "Seems to work!") EndFunc Func test2Func() MsgBox(0, "func 2 running", "2 Seems to work!") EndFunc Thanks!
    • boltonebob
      By boltonebob
      Could someone please explain to me how you can use Func_SearchLastState more than once in the same script.
      My situation is I am trying to use it in the same script under different case scenarios:
      e.g.
      Case 1
      Func_SearchLastState($sMachine)
      Case 2
      Func_SearchLastState($sLaptop)

Even though these are under different case scenarios the Func_SearchLastState is getting picked up as a duplicate function name.
      How can I use this function more than one in my script without getting the error?
    • Masum
      By Masum
      Hi all,
      Can this function be modified to support  @CRLF in the MsgBox's text?
      ; Move Message Box ; Author - herewasplato _MoveMsgBox(0, "testTitle", "testText", 0, 10) Func _MoveMsgBox($MBFlag, $MBTitle, $MBText, $x, $y) Local $file = FileOpen(EnvGet("temp") & "\MoveMB.au3", 2) If $file = -1 Then Return;if error, give up on the move Local $line1 = 'AutoItSetOption(' & '"WinWaitDelay", 0' & ')' Local $line2 = 'WinWait("' & $MBTitle & '", "' & $MBText & '")' Local $line3 = 'WinMove("' & $MBTitle & '", "' & $MBText & '"' & ', ' & $x & ', ' & $y & ')' FileWrite($file, $line1 & @CRLF & $line2 & @CRLF & $line3) FileClose($file) Run(@AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteScript " & EnvGet("temp") & "\MoveMB.au3") MsgBox($MBFlag, $MBTitle, $MBText) FileDelete(EnvGet("temp") & "\MoveMB.au3") EndFunc;==>_MoveMsgBox  Thanks
    • Jcreator
      By Jcreator
      i have a file flower.txt with the name of the flowers and there picture location and information about that kind of flower. i wana cerat a gui that will display the flower picture and it information 
      here is the script 
      #include <Misc.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <Constants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <AVIConstants.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiComboBox.au3> #include <GuiTab.au3> #include <file.au3> #include <array.au3> Global $sfPath = 'flowers.txt' Global $aFlowers _FileReadToArray($sfPath,$aFlowers,$FRTA_NOCOUNT,'|') _ArrayColDelete($aFlowers,0) ;row 0 has no data so deleting $Form1 = GUICreate("Search Flower Name",320, 480) $input = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 60, 360, 209, 25) $idss = GUICtrlCreateButton("Search", 130, 400, 73, 65) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Func Searchf() Global $Fname = GUICtrlRead($input) For $iNo = 0 To UBound($aFlowers[0][0]) - 1 ; if $Fname = $aFlowers[$iNo][0] then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "","Flower nfo", ""& $aFlowers[$iNo][1] &"") pic() EndIf Next EndFunc While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $nMsg = $idss Searchf() EndSwitch WEnd func pic() For $iNo = 0 To UBound($aFlowers[0][0]) - 1 GUICtrlCreatePic($aFlowers[$iNo][2], 20, 30, 280, 280) Next EndFunc here is the flower.txt file
      |Hibiscus|Hibiscus is a hardy perennial which grows in variety of colors, sizes and fragrances. Actually they are tropical flowers which require ample sunlight and moisture to grow well. These flowers start blooming in late spring and continuously bloom through July and August.|C:\T-in\IMG\2.jpg |Lilies|There are different types of lily flowers which bloom in August including water lilies, tiger lilies and gold band lilies. Tiger lilies generate orange flowers having black spots. This lily blooms in delayed July and beginning of August. Gold band lily produce exotic white blooms. All varieties of lilies need enough space to grow and protection from summer sun.|C:\T-in\IMG\1.jpg |Turtlehead|Growing in humid areas, turtleheads are small flowers which bloom from July to September. They mostly produce flowers of white and pink color.|C:\T-in\IMG\3.jpg |Hydrangea|These are ever green bushes which produce flowers in different colors including white, purple, blue and pink. They are easy to grow bushes and can grow 3 to 10 feet tall. They require morning sun to grow but they should be protected from noon and afternoon sun.|C:\T-in\IMG\4.jpg |Dahlias|August proves to be the peak blooming season for dahlias. Dahlias come in colors like white, orange, yellow, red and purple. They can tolerate all types of soil and require full sun to grow.|C:\T-in\IMG\5.jpg am still trying to learn about how the ubound work and the _filereadtoarray