Run only one function as admin

Go to solution Solved by UE_morf_boon,

Hi!
I have a program that has a specific function that renames the computer.
The entire program should be executed only on behalf of the current user, because some registry keys in the HKCU are being changed.
The current user does not have administrator rights, so #Requireadmin is not suitable as a solution.
The administrator accounts on the computers are different, so "RunAs" is not suitable.

Is there a way to trigger a UAC, when running a function?

The function code, if you need:

Func _RenamePC($Input2)
    Local $Name = GUICtrlRead($Input2)
    $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\root\cimv2")
    For $objComputer In $objWMIService.InstancesOf("Win32_ComputerSystem")
        $oReturn = $objComputer.rename($Name)
    Next
EndFunc

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Nevermind, solved the problem via "powershell".

Solution code:

Func _RenamePC($Name)
    ShellExecuteWait("C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe", "start-process -verb runas 'C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe' "& _
    "-argumentlist '$compcname = get-wmiobject win32_computersystem; foreach($comp in $compcname){$oreturn = "& _
    "$comp.rename(''"&$Name&"'')}"& _
    "'", "", "", @SW_HIDE)
EndFunc

Edited by UE_morf_boon
Fix solution
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting !

I was searching a method to execute a powershell script as Admin from a non admin AutoIT script, and so I adapted your example this way:

Func _executeElevatedPS()
    ShellExecuteWait("powershell.exe", "start-process -verb runas 'powershell.exe' "& _
    "-argumentlist '-executionpolicy unrestricted -File  C:\temp\wp.ps1'", "", "", @SW_HIDE)
EndFunc

Adding this:

Func _Set_Network_Private()
    ShellExecuteWait("powershell.exe", "start-process -verb runas 'powershell.exe' " & _
            "-argumentlist @('-executionpolicy unrestricted',' -command Get-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceAlias Ethernet | Set-NetConnectionProfile -NetworkCategory Private -Confirm:$false -PassThru')", '', '', @SW_SHOW)
EndFunc

from this post

It's the same logic, but executing multiple powershell instructions without an external .ps1 file

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ahha
      I seem to have lost my sense of how the Global scope works.  In this example $p is Global but I can't seem to set $p in function __One and then pass that version of $p to function __Two.  I thought you could set a Global to a new value from within a function and it would affect the Global value. 
      I've stared and played with this code for over an hour and I'm missing something really basic.  Help appreciated.
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y ; use this to debug in console window <--- LOOK Global $p = 999 MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "MAIN - $p = '" & $p & "'") __One() Exit Func __One() ;Global $p ;this seems to make no difference - comment it out to see - how does one affect the Global in a function? MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "Entering Func __One() - $p = '" & $p & "'") For $p = 1 to 3 MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "IN Func __One() - $p = '" & $p & "'") __Two() Next EndFunc Func __Two() MsgBox(0, "DEBUG", "Entering __Two() $p = '" & $p & "'") EndFunc  
    • By Doniel
      Hi there! 😃
      I've 2 simple scripts:
      Script 1 starts script 2 Script 1 gets executed with normal user rights (un-elevated) Script 2 contains an #RequireAdmin and therefor can only start elevated I want to read the output of script 2 with script 1 AND have the UAC of script 2 being activated as fullscreen Script 1 (Scripts location is the same as script 2 that I'm running with Run()
      Local $iPID, $sOutput $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "C:\Entwicklung\Autoit\Test\Temp.exe", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 0x2) ProcessWaitClose($iPID) $sOutput = StdoutRead($iPID) StdioClose($iPID) ConsoleWrite($sOutput) MsgBox(1, 1, 1) Script 2 (compiled as Temp.exe)
      #RequireAdmin ConsoleWrite("Return") MsgBox(1,1,"ADMIN") Now my problems are the following:
      Without the #RequireAdmin I can read the output with no problem, but not with the #RequireAdmin ($sOutput is empty) Using @SW_HIDE in the Run() command makes the UAC always start minimized (see attached picture) and the admin has to always manually click on the icon to enter his credentials since the UAC doesn't start in fullscreen. Here and on a few other sites they explain that the program launching the elevated program NEEDS to be activated in order to directly show the UAC fullscreen and not minimized. Using @SW_SHOW would get rid of the problem, BUT that leaves me with an ugly cmd.exe floating the whole time while the elevated script ist running. And my questions to that I'm seeking an answer for are:
      Problem 1: Is it just not possible to read from an elevated program with an un-elevated user/script? I also get the Access Denied if I press No on the UAC as an Output in $sOutput (Guess since its's still un-elevated) Problem 2: Is there a way to either make the floating black and blank cmd.exe being moved to the background and be non visible to the user OR to somehow bring the minimized UAC to the foreground/fullscreen? What I already tried and what didn't help me:
      $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "C:\Entwicklung\Autoit\Test\Temp.exe", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 0x2) While Not WinExists("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung") ConsoleWrite(1) WEnd WinActivate("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung") WinSetState("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung", WinGetText("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung"), @SW_SHOW) WinSetState("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung", WinGetText("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung"), @SW_MAXIMIZE) WinSetState("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung", WinGetText("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung"), @SW_ENABLE) The While-Loops helps a lot and also stops after a second or so (► Stops to write ones (1)). That means that the actual "window" of the UAC is found, but all the WinXXX functions don't do anything and the UAC stays minimized. I also tried to minimized/move the cmd.exe to the background with WinActivate() and WinSetState() with no success.
      $iPID = ShellExecute("C:\Entwicklung\Autoit\Test\Temp.exe", "", @ScriptDir, "open", @SW_HIDE) Using ShellExecute() instead of Run() completely solves the UAC to fullscreen problem BUT I haven't found a consistent way to read the output of ShellExecute(). Neither here on the forum nor somewhere else. If I'd be possible to read the output from ShellExecute() then all my problems would be solved at once!
      Also tried a few more things and playing with some parameters but everything with no success.
      I'd really love some help and support here from you.
      Thanks in advance!

• By PeterVerbeek
      This topic give you access to an AutoIt functions library I maintain which is called PAL, Peter's AutoIt Library. The latest version 1.26 contains 214 functions divided into these topics:
      window, desktop and monitor GUI, mouse and color GUI controls including graphical buttons (jpg, png) logics and mathematics include constants string, xml string and file string dialogues and progress bars data lists: lists, stacks, shift registers and key maps (a.ka. dictionaries) miscellaneous: logging/debugging, process and system info Change log and files section  on the PAL website (SourceForge).
      A lot of these functions were created in the development of Peace, Peter's Equalizer APO Configuration Extension, which is a user interface for the system-wide audio driver called Equalizer APO.
    • By meety
      My au3 script program needs administrator privileges on win10 to be executed correctly, because it needs to be added to the boot---Script code:RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", @ScriptName, "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath)
      I need to let the program automatically get administrator privileges, so I use a function of #RequireAdmin. Although the program can be added to the boot, but does not execute after system boot up? why is that?
      What should I do?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Update:
      I found that after using the #RequireAdmin function, the program cannot be executed after system boot up.
      An example is given below. after it is compiled, it will not be executed after system boot up in the following two ways.
      1. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\
      2. RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", @ScriptName, "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath)
      why is that?
      example
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #RequireAdmin
      Func test()
          MsgBox(0, "", "this is test message")
      EndFunc   ;==>test
      test()

• By Dan_555
      Hi, here are few functions for the ListBox.
      I have searched the forum, but most of the functions are for listview, so i took one example code from melba23 (clear selection) and
      wrote few more functions. (Because my current project needs them).

These functions work only on a Multi-selection ListBox . 
      Edit: Only 1 function does not work with single selection box.
      The functions do: Clear Selection, Delete Selected items, Invert Selection, Move selected items up and down.
       The example code has 2 Listboxes. The selected items on the left ListBox can be moved up and down. The right Listbox has buttons for the other functions.
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListBox.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $singlesel = 0, $iMsgBoxAnswer = 0 ;MsgBox features: Title=Yes, Text=Yes, Buttons=Yes and No, Icon=Question, Modality=Task Modal $iMsgBoxAnswer = MsgBox(8228, "Choose Listbox selecton type", "Yes for single, No for multi selection box") If $iMsgBoxAnswer = 6 Then $singlesel = 1 ;Yes Local $BL_1,$BL_2,$BR_1,$BR_2,$BR_3,$BR_4,$BR_5,$BR_6 Global $hForm1 = GUICreate("Listbox test", 349, 287) $LB_1 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 6, 40, 157, 244, BitOR($LBS_NOTIFY, $LBS_MULTIPLESEL, $WS_HSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL)) If $singlesel = 1 Then $LB_2 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 179, 40, 157, 244, BitOR($LBS_NOTIFY, $WS_HSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL)) Else $LB_2 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 179, 40, 157, 244, BitOR($LBS_NOTIFY, $LBS_MULTIPLESEL, $WS_HSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL)) $BR_3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Reverse Sel", 272, 22, 68, 17) EndIf $BL_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Up", 20, 3, 35, 18) $BL_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Down", 60, 3, 35, 18) $BR_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Up", 200, 3, 35, 18) $BR_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Down", 240, 3, 35, 18) $BR_4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Clear Sel", 217, 22, 52, 17) $BR_5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Delete", 175, 22, 40, 17) $BR_6 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Populate", 290, 3, 50, 18) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) For $x = 0 To 50 If $x <= 10 Then GUICtrlSetData($LB_1, $x & " test", 0) GUICtrlSetData($LB_2, $x & " Test", 0) Next While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $BL_1 $a = Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_1, -1) If $a > -1 Then WinSetTitle($hForm1, "", "Moved items: " & $a) Case $BL_2 $a = Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_1, 1) If $a > -1 Then WinSetTitle($hForm1, "", "Moved items: " & $a) Case $BR_1 Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_2, -1) Case $BR_2 Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_2, 1) Case $BR_3 Listbox_ReverseSelection($LB_2) Case $BR_4 Listbox_ClearSelection($LB_2) Case $BR_5 Listbox_DeleteSelectedItems($LB_2) Case $BR_6 ;Populate GUICtrlSetData($LB_2, "") ; Clears the listbox For $x = 0 To 50 GUICtrlSetData($LB_2, $x & " Test", 0) Next EndSwitch WEnd ;note $hLB_ID - is the Listbox id Func Listbox_DeleteSelectedItems($hLB_ID) Local $aSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems($hLB_ID) ;Get selected items Local $i, $slb = 0, $y, $x If $aSel[0] = 0 Then ;If the array is empty, there is no selection, or it is a single selection listbox For $x = 0 To _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hLB_ID) - 1 $y = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSel($hLB_ID, $x) If $y = True Then $slb = 1 _GUICtrlListBox_DeleteString($hLB_ID, $x) ;Perform a delete on single sel. LB ExitLoop EndIf Next EndIf If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_BeginUpdate($hLB_ID) For $i = $aSel[0] To 1 Step -1 ;Loop backwards and delete the selected items _GUICtrlListBox_DeleteString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i]) Next _GUICtrlListBox_EndUpdate($hLB_ID) EndIf EndFunc ;==>Listbox_DeleteSelectedItems Func Listbox_ClearSelection($hLB_ID) ;Removes the selection from multi and single selection ListBox Local $aSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems($hLB_ID) ;Code from Melba23 - Autoit Forum Local $slb, $x, $y If $aSel[0] = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_SetCurSel($hLB_ID, -1) $slb = 1 EndIf If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_BeginUpdate($hLB_ID) For $i = 1 To $aSel[0] _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i], False) Next _GUICtrlListBox_EndUpdate($hLB_ID) EndIf EndFunc ;==>Listbox_ClearSelection Func Listbox_ReverseSelection($hLB_ID) ;Logically, this function works only on multi-selection listboxes Local $i Local $aCou = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hLB_ID) Local $cSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCaretIndex($hLB_ID) ;Save the caret _GUICtrlListBox_BeginUpdate($hLB_ID) For $i = 0 To $aCou _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $i, Not (_GUICtrlListBox_GetSel($hLB_ID, $i))) Next _GUICtrlListBox_SetCaretIndex($hLB_ID, $cSel) ;Restore the caret _GUICtrlListBox_EndUpdate($hLB_ID) EndFunc ;==>Listbox_ReverseSelection Func Listbox_ItemMoveUD($hLB_ID, $iDir = -1) ;Listbox_ItemMoveUD - Up/Down Move Multi/Single item in a ListBox ;$iDir: -1 up, 1 down ;Return values -1 nothing to do, 0 nothing moved, >0 performed moves Local $iCur, $iNxt, $aCou, $aSel, $i, $m = 0, $y, $slb = 0 ;Current, next, Count, Selection, loop , movecount $aSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems($hLB_ID) ;Put selected items in an array $aCou = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hLB_ID) ;Get total item count of the listbox If $aSel[0] = 0 Then $y = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCurSel($hLB_ID) If $y > -1 Then _ArrayAdd($aSel, $y) $aSel[0] = 1 $slb = 1 EndIf EndIf ;WinSetTitle($hGUI, "", $aSel[0]) ;Debugging info Select Case $iDir = -1 ;Move Up For $i = 1 To $aSel[0] If $aSel[$i] > 0 Then $iNxt = _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1) ;Save the selection index - 1 text _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1, _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i])) ;Replace the index-1 text with the index text _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i], $iNxt) ;Replace the selection with the saved var $m = $m + 1 EndIf Next For $i = 1 To $aSel[0] ;Restore the selections after moving If $aSel[$i] > 0 Then If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1, 1) Else _GUICtrlListBox_SetCurSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1) EndIf EndIf Next Return $m Case $iDir = 1 ;Move Down If $aSel[0] > 0 Then For $i = $aSel[0] To 1 Step -1 If $aSel[$i] < $aCou - 1 Then $iNxt = _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1) _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1, _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i])) _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i], $iNxt) $m = $m + 1 EndIf Next EndIf For $i = $aSel[0] To 1 Step -1 ;Restore the selections after moving If $aSel[$i] < $aCou - 1 Then If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1, 1) Else _GUICtrlListBox_SetCurSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1) EndIf EndIf Next Return $m EndSelect Return -1 EndFunc ;==>Listbox_ItemMoveUD