AJB

"Error: Variable must be of type object" on new machine

AJB

Hello,

I've been using autoit for about a year now and overall it's been great despite my limited understanding of all of its features. I have several scripts that run on virtual machines that have been running smoothly for several months without any issues. Recently, I had to create new virtual machines and migrate my scripts over and now I am getting errors that I can't seem to repeat, but seem to happen at least once a day with all of my executables that were flawless before.

The error that I keep getting is:

Autoit Error

Line [this number varies per script] (File "[path to my executable]"); Error: variable must be of type object.

I  never received this error before until I moved everything to the new VMs, and when I rerun my scripts after clearing the error everything seems to work and run fine until hours later or sometimes the next day. I am assuming that that the root cause may be in some kind of settings on the VM itself since it is happening nearly across the board, but I have no idea where to even look. These are running on Windows 7, which is what they were running on before I had any errors.

The only consistent include used in these scripts is  IE.au3

Has anyone run into a similar problem or can maybe point me in the right direction. I am at the point of pulling hair out trying to resolve this. I have even rewritten and re-compiled the scripts to see if somehow the executables got corrupted, but that didn't help.

Thank you.

JLogan3o13

@AJB the error is telling you exactly what is wrong - you're calling a variable that is not an object. Unfortunately, more than that is impossible if you do not post your script.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

seeker0718

Hello,

I have a similar problem but I received this error when moved from Windows 7 / IE7 / 32bit to Windows 7 / IE11 / 64 bit machine.

The script selects one of  4 dropdown options in the loop and randomly the third or fourth gets this error when in FireBug you can see all of them and if

_IEFormElementOptionSelect() is not called, Console write will print all of them

Here is the code:

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "myform")
$tp = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "target")
If @error = "0" Then
    $cc = 0
    _IEAction($tp, "focus")
    For $t In $tp
        $cc = $cc + 1
        ConsoleWrite("count: " & $cc & @CRLF)

If $cc = 1 Then
            ConsoleWrite(_IEPropertyGet($t, "outerhtml") & @CRLF)
            ConsoleWrite("innerText: " & $t.innerText & @CRLF)
            ;If ($t.innerText) <> "" Then
            _IEFormElementOptionSelect($tp, "Coldstore", 1, "byText")
            ;EndIf
            Sleep(1000)
        ElseIf $cc = 2 Then
            _IEFormElementOptionSelect($tp, "Windows File Share/SMB", 1, "byText")
            ;EndIf
            Sleep(1000)
        ElseIf $cc = 3 Then
            _IEFormElementOptionSelect($tp, "Internal SD card", 1, "byText")
            ;EndIf
            Sleep(1000)
        ElseIf $cc = 4 Then
            ;If $t.innerText <> "" Then
            _IEFormElementOptionSelect($tp, "none", 1, "byText")
            ;EndIf

EndIf
    Next
EndIf

Output:

count: 1
<option value="coldstore">Coldstore
innerText: Coldstore
count: 2
--> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Error from function _IEPropertyGet, $_IESTATUS_InvalidObjectType
innerText:
innerText:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3" (1115) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:
For $oItem In $oItems
For $oItem In $oItems^ ERROR

You can see that I commented check for an empty string.

If I uncomment it, I won't receive the error "Variable must be of type "Object".:" but I won't be able to select all options in loop in the dropdown.

The output will be with the 2 options available and 2 empty strings:

count: 1
<option value="coldstore" selected="">Coldstore
count: 2
<option value="wfs">Windows File Share/SMB
innerText: Windows File Share/SMB
innerText: Windows File Share/SMB
count: 3
--> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Error from function _IEPropertyGet, $_IESTATUS_InvalidObjectType
innerText:
count: 4
innerText:

Any help will be appreciated!!!!!!

Edited by Melba23
Added code tags

Melba23

seeker0718,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

When you post code please use Code tags - see here how to do it.  Then you get a scrolling box and syntax colouring as you can see above now I have added the tags.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• MMedina
      By MMedina
      Hello all, 
      Been looking for and playing around with a script that would prompt me for a UserName and Password then Map a network drive.
      I have included the code: 
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=your_icon.ico #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y #obfuscator_parameters=/striponly #NoTrayIcon #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Connect To Your Drive", 265, 135) $username_id = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 88, 16, 153, 21) $password_id = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 87, 44, 153, 21, $ES_PASSWORD) GUICtrlCreateLabel("&Username", 24, 16, 52, 17) GUICtrlCreateLabel("&Password", 26, 46, 50, 17) $connect = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Connect", 24, 80, 217, 33, BitOr($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_BUTTON, $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $connect $username = GUICtrlRead($username_id) $password = GUICtrlRead($password_id) If $username = '' Or $password = '' Then MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Empty username or password') ContinueLoop EndIf If DriveMapGet("X:") <> '' Then ; very fast MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'The device is already assigned') ContinueLoop EndIf GUISetCursor(15,1) DriveMapAdd("X:", "\\Server\share\filestore\" & $username, 0, $username, $password) ; slow If @error Then Switch @error Case 1 $err_message = 'Undefined / Other error. Windows API return code: ' & @extended Case 2 $err_message = 'Access to the remote share was denied' Case 3 $err_message = 'The device is already assigned' Case 4 $err_message = 'Invalid device name' Case 5 $err_message = 'Invalid remote share' Case 6 $err_message = 'Invalid password' EndSwitch GUISetCursor(2) MsgBox(16, 'Error', $err_message) Else ; everything OK Exit EndIf EndSwitch WEnd  
      When I attempt the build I get the following:
       Obfuscator support has been discontinued and is replaced by Au3Stripper using "#Au3Stripper_" directives.
      ! The directive to run Au3Stripper is: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y  ; Default is n
      ! #Au3Stripper_Parameters options are: 
      /pe  : Replace and reference to a Global Const variable with its actual value.
      /tl  : Create Au3Stripper.Log with a trace of all actions.
      /debug: add Debug information to Au3Stripper.Log.
      /so : This is the default when no parameters are provided. same as /sf + /sv
      /sf : Strip all unused Func's
      /sv : Strip all unused Global var records.
      /mo : Just merges the Include files into the source and strips the Comments.
            This is similar to aut2exe and helps finding the errorline.
      /mi : Sets the maximum Iterations Au3Stripper will perform. Default is 5.
      /rm : Rename Variables and Functions to a shorter name.
      /rsln: Replace @ScriptLineNumber with the actual line number.
      /Beta: Use Beta Includes.
      - Icon not found:  your_icon.ico ==> Changing to default ICON.
      >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS.au3
      +>18:28:11 AU3Check ended.rc:0
      >Running Au3Stripper (18.708.1148.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Au3Stripper cmdline:
      - 0.22 Iteration 1 Strip Functions result: Output  1050 lines, stripped 0 Func lines and 234 Commentlines
      - 0.61 Iteration 2 Strip Variables result: Output  88 lines and stripped 962 lines
      - 0.63 Iteration 3 Strip Variables result: Output  58 lines and stripped 30 lines
      - 0.64 Iteration 4 Strip Variables result: Output  52 lines and stripped 6 lines
      - 0.66 Iteration 5 Strip Variables result: Output  51 lines and stripped 1 lines
      +> Source    1285 lines 48435 Characters.
      +> Stripped  999 Func/Var lines and  234 comment lines, Total 46893 Characters.
      +> Saved     95% lines 96% Characters.
      +> Au3Stripper v18.708.1148.0 finished created:C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS_stripped.au3
      +>18:28:12 Au3Stripper ended.rc:0
      >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS_stripped.au3
      +>18:28:12 AU3Check ended.rc:0
      >Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS_stripped.au3" /out "C:\Users\Migue\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU495C.tmp.exe" /nopack /comp 2
      +>18:28:13 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\Migue\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU495C.tmp.exe. rc:0
      !>18:28:13 Problem copying file from: C:\Users\Migue\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU495C.tmp.exe To :C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS.exe
      +>18:28:14 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
      >Exit code: 0    Time: 3.046

When I attempt to run the executable I get the following:

Many thanks in advance
    • rm4453
      By rm4453
      I have a table I am parsing, to find specific vehicle information. I am unable to get _ArrayFindAll to return the only valid result with my test data.
      Below is a sample of the table's HTML:
      <td class="textCenter">2010</td> <td>TOYOTA</td> <td>TACOMA 4X4 DB</td> <td></td> <td>BLACK</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textCenter">6</td> <td>GAS</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter">4X4</td> <td class="textCenter">Y</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">80,975</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$16,800</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 308 --> <td class="textCenter">2010</td> <td>TOYOTA</td> <td>TACOMA 4X4 RG</td> <td></td> <td>BLACK</td> <td class="textCenter">R</td> <td class="textCenter">4</td> <td>GAS</td> <td class="textCenter">5</td> <td class="textCenter">4X4</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">95,224</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$9,500</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 309 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>BUICK</td> <td>REGAL</td> <td>CXL RL4</td> <td>BLACK</td> <td class="textCenter">4</td> <td class="textCenter">4</td> <td>GAS</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter"></td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">SR</td> <td class="textCenter">L</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">102,694</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$5,000</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 310 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>CHEVROLET</td> <td>AVALANCH 4X4 CR</td> <td>LS</td> <td>GRAY</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textCenter">8</td> <td>E</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter">4X4</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">64,759</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$16,300</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 311 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>CHEVROLET</td> <td>EQUINOX AWD 4C</td> <td>LT W/2LT</td> <td>BLACK</td> <td class="textCenter">S</td> <td class="textCenter">4</td> <td>GAS</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter">AWD</td> <td class="textCenter">Y</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">SR</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">91,896</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$4,400</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 312 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>CHEVROLET</td> <td>TAHOE 4X4 V8</td> <td>LTZ</td> <td>WHITE</td> <td class="textCenter">S</td> <td class="textCenter">8</td> <td>C</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter">4X4</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td>N</td> <td class="textCenter">MR</td> <td class="textCenter">L</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">126,982</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$17,800</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 313 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>CHEVROLET</td> <td>1500 SLV 4X4 EX</td> <td>LT</td> <td>GRAY</td> <td class="textCenter">X</td> <td class="textCenter">8</td> <td>GAS</td> <td class="textCenter">O</td> <td class="textCenter">4X4</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">60,303</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$18,100</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 314 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>CHEVROLET</td> <td>1500 SLV 4X4 EX</td> <td>LT</td> <td>SILVER</td> <td class="textCenter">X</td> <td class="textCenter">8</td> <td>E</td> <td class="textCenter">O</td> <td class="textCenter">4X4</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">89,403</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$15,900</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 315 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>CHEVROLET</td> <td>1500 SLV 4X4 EX</td> <td>LTZ</td> <td>BLUE</td> <td class="textCenter">X</td> <td class="textCenter">8</td> <td>E</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter">4X4</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter">L</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">53,087</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$17,700</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 316 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>CHEVROLET</td> <td>3500 CUTAWAY</td> <td>WORK VAN</td> <td>WHITE</td> <td class="textCenter">S</td> <td class="textCenter"></td> <td></td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter">4X2</td> <td class="textCenter"></td> <td>N</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">202,477</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$2,700</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 317 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>CHRYSLER</td> <td>TOWN &amp; COUNTRY</td> <td>TOURING</td> <td>BLACK</td> <td class="textCenter">4</td> <td class="textCenter">6</td> <td>E</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter">4X2</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter"></td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">198,541</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$1,900</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 318 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>DODGE</td> <td>DURANGO AWD V6</td> <td>CREW</td> <td>BLUE</td> <td class="textCenter">S</td> <td class="textCenter">6</td> <td>GAS</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter">AWD</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">SR</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">176,036</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$2,800</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 319 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>FORD</td> <td>FOCUS</td> <td>SE</td> <td>SILVER</td> <td class="textCenter">4</td> <td class="textCenter">4</td> <td>GAS</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter"></td> <td class="textCenter">Y</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">101,929</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$3,100</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 320 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>FORD</td> <td>FUSION FWD 4C</td> <td>SEL</td> <td>WHITE</td> <td class="textCenter">4</td> <td class="textCenter">4</td> <td>GAS</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter"></td> <td class="textCenter">Y</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">SR</td> <td class="textCenter">L</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">78,290</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$5,500</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 321 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>FORD</td> <td>F150 4X4 CR</td> <td>XLT</td> <td>BLACK</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textCenter">8</td> <td>GAS</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter">4X4</td> <td class="textCenter">Y</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">70,909</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$16,000</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 322 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>FORD</td> <td>MUSTANG V6 CPE</td> <td>V6 PREMIUM</td> <td>BLACK</td> <td class="textCenter">2</td> <td class="textCenter">6</td> <td>GAS</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter">4X2</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter">L</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">92,531</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$2,700</td> </tr> <tr><!-- 323 --> <td class="textCenter">2011</td> <td>GMC</td> <td>ACADIA FWD</td> <td>SLE</td> <td>RED</td> <td class="textCenter">4</td> <td class="textCenter">6</td> <td>GAS</td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td class="textCenter"></td> <td class="textCenter">A</td> <td>CD</td> <td class="textCenter">HT</td> <td class="textCenter">C</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">79,199</td> <td class="textRight" nowrap="nowrap">$10,700</td> A picture of the table test data is attached here:

Here is the _query function, and all other relevant code that I can share.

Func _query($aSel, $aUrls) $oIE = _login() If $oIE = "Return" Then Return EndIf $j = 0 While $j < UBound($aSel) - 1 $i = 1 $aucID ;Unable To Share What This Is Other Than Var Name. _IENavigate($oIE, "Something" & $aucID[0] & "Something") _IELoadWait($oIE, 100, 2000) $oObj = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 3) $cars = _IETableWriteToArray_ProgressBar($oObj, True, "Processing Requested Information!") ;<---- Modified Version See Post For It: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/195335-solved-how-to-add-a-progress-bar-to-_ietablewritetoarray/?tab=comments#comment-1400699 $carsYear = _filter($cars, 0, 0, GUICtrlRead($year)) $carsMake = _filter($carsYear, 0, 1, GUICtrlRead($make)) Global $carsModel = _filter($carsMake, 0, 2, GUICtrlRead($model)) $i = 0 $engine = GUICtrlRead($engine) If $engine <> "" Then While $i < StringLen($engine) $carsEngine = _filter($carsModel, 0, 6 + $i, StringLeft($engine, 1)) ;_ArrayDisplay($carsModel, "Cars Model Before Array Delete") $x = 1 While $x <= UBound($carsModel) _ArrayDelete($carsModel, $x) $x += 1 WEnd ;_ArrayDisplay($carsModel, "Cars Model After Array Delete") ;_ArrayConcatenate($carsModel, $carsEngine) ;_ArrayDisplay($carsModel, "Cars Model After Concatenate") $engine = StringTrimLeft($engine, 1) $i += 1 WEnd Else Dim $carsEngine[1][16] EndIf _ArrayConcatenate($carsEngine, $carsModel) _ArrayDisplay($carsEngine, "Cars Engine") Dim $carsDriveTrain[1][16] Dim $carsDriveTrain2[1][16] $driveTrainVal = GUICtrlRead($driveTrain) If $driveTrainVal = "4x4" Or $driveTrainVal = "awd" Then $carsDriveTrain = _filter($carsEngine, 0, 9, "4") $carsDriveTrain2 = _filter($carsEngine, 0, 9, "a") ;~ _ArrayDisplay($carsDriveTrain, "Drive Train Before") ;~ If @error Then ;~ MsgBox("", "", "Cars Drive Train Error: " & @error) ;~ EndIf ;~ _ArrayDisplay($carsDriveTrain2, "Drive Train2 Before") ;~ If @error Then ;~ MsgBox("", "", "Cars Drive Train 2 Error: " & @error) ;~ EndIf _ArrayConcatenate($carsDriveTrain, $carsDriveTrain2) _ArrayDisplay($carsDriveTrain, "Drive Train After Concat") ElseIf $driveTrainVal = "" Then _ArrayConcatenate($carsDriveTrain, $carsEngine) Else $carsDriveTrain = _filter($carsEngine, 0, 9, $driveTrain) EndIf Dim $carsOdom[1][16] $min = GUICtrlRead($odomMin) $max = GUICtrlRead($odomMax) For $i = 0 To UBound($carsDriveTrain) - 1 If $carsDriveTrain[$i][14] > $min And $carsDriveTrain[$i][14] < $max Then _ArrayAdd($carsOdom, $carsDriveTrain[$i]) MsgBox("", "", "ADDED!") EndIf Next _ArrayDisplay($carsOdom, "Cars Odom") $j += 1 WEnd _IEQuit($oIE) EndFunc ;==>_query Func _filter($tofilter, $xpos1, $ypos1, $str) ;~ If UBound($tofilter, 1) <= 1 Then ;~ $endx = 0 ;~ Else ;~ $endx = UBound($tofilter, 1) - 1 ;~ EndIf ;~ $cars = _ArrayFindAll($tofilter, $str, $tofilter[$xpos1][$ypos1], $tofilter[$endx][$ypos1], 0, 1, $ypos1, False) $cars = _ArrayFindAll($tofilter, $str, Default, Default, 0, 1, $ypos1) Dim $carsFiltered[1][16] = [["a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g", "h", "i", "j", "k", "l", "m", "n", "o", "p"]] ;_ArrayDisplay($carsFiltered) $i = 0 $uBound = UBound($cars) - 1 While $i < $uBound $filtered = _ArrayExtract($tofilter, $cars[$i], $cars[$i], 0, 15) ;_ArrayDisplay($filtered, "_filter Array of Filtered") _ArrayConcatenate($carsFiltered, $filtered) $i += 1 WEnd _ArrayDelete($carsFiltered, 0) Return $carsFiltered EndFunc ;==>_filter  
      If you know of a more efficient way of doing this please let me know would be more than happy to chew down my inefficiency while learning! (It's like my grandpa used to say, "The only criticism I can't use is that which is not given to me.")

The Item an I am using to test the filter is:

• rm4453
      By rm4453
      Hello,

I am currently writing a program that parses a massive table from a website, and need a way to add a progress bar while parsing.
      I am currently using the function _IETableWriteToArray($oObj, True) to parse the array. I need the progress bar to update as the table is parsed, not just at the end of the parsing.
      Any help at all would be very much appreciated!

*EDIT --> The array I am left with after parsing is $array[0-50000][16]
    • xiantez
      By xiantez
      This script used to work on an older version of AutoIT. Currently I am running AutoIT v3.3.14.5 and it's failing.
      Func PublicIP() ;Post public facing IP address Local $url = 'https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=what+is+my+ip&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8' Local $getIPaddress = BinaryToString(InetRead($url)) Local $sStart = 'clamp:2">' Local $sEnd = '</div>' Local $ipaddress = _StringBetween($getIPaddress, $sStart, $sEnd For $i In $ipaddress MsgBox(0, 'External IP', "Your public IP address is " & $i) Next EndFunc ;==>PublicIP The console output shows:
      "C:\Users\user\Documents\AutoIT\Scripts\WSI Tools.au3" (197) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".: For $i In $ipaddress For $i In $ipaddress^ ERROR ->14:12:16 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1 +>14:12:16 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 1 Time: 9.811
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I have a goofy problem. I am hoping someone could shed some light. The example is not going around the text box. It is way off. 
      I have seen some post blaming IE 11, however I have IE11 on my desktop and it works fine.
      Is there anything I can do that might fix this? 

; Open a browser with the form example and get a reference to the form ; textarea element. Get the coordinates and dimensions of the text area, ; outline its shape with the mouse and come to rest in the center #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IE_Example("form") Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "ExampleForm") Local $oTextArea = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "textareaExample") ; Get coordinates and dimensions of the textarea Local $iScreenX = _IEPropertyGet($oTextArea, "screenx") Local $iScreenY = _IEPropertyGet($oTextArea, "screeny") Local $iWidth = _IEPropertyGet($oTextArea, "width") Local $iHeight = _IEPropertyGet($oTextArea, "height") ; Outline the textarea with the mouse, come to rest in the center Local $iMousespeed = 50 MouseMove($iScreenX, $iScreenY, $iMousespeed) MouseMove($iScreenX + $iWidth, $iScreenY, $iMousespeed) MouseMove($iScreenX + $iWidth, $iScreenY + $iHeight, $iMousespeed) MouseMove($iScreenX, $iScreenY + $iHeight, $iMousespeed) MouseMove($iScreenX, $iScreenY, $iMousespeed) MouseMove($iScreenX + $iWidth / 2, $iScreenY + $iHeight / 2, $iMousespeed)