Valnurat

Finding all active windows

5 posts in this topic

Hi.

How can you find all active windows and show then in a listview?

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

@Valnurat look at WinList in the help file.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

WinGetState: retrieves the state of a given window.

Which is great, except the OP asked how to find all active windows, not the state of a single window...

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

1 hour ago, JLogan3o13 said:

@Valnurat look at WinList in the help file.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Trisha
      By Trisha
      I tried (using AutoIt) to automate a scenario where i  have to open IE with specific URL on my extranet(Xen Desktop or Citrix ) ,from there i need to download  file and then through WinSCP; I  have to move that file to another location that can be access from my Local system using VMWare.
      I did as far as the above step. Now i want to navigate from my extranet to my local desktop system. But i am not able to move  from there.Mouse click is also not working.Please find the below screenshot highlighted in YELLOW.

• bbk4163
      By bbk4163
      Hi, 
      I am getting "array variable has incorrect number of subscripts dimension range exceeded" error while executing exe. Not sure what is wrong here. 
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> SelectWindowBasedOnTitle() Func SelectWindowBasedOnTitle()     $winList = WinList()     $wTitle = CheckWindows($winList)    IF $wTitle == "Choose File to Upload" Then             IE()    ElseIf $wTitle == "Open" Then             Chrome()    Else             FireFox()    EndIf EndFunc Func CheckWindows($aArray)     For $i = 1 To Ubound($aArray) - 1         If WinActive($aArray[$i][1]) Then $wTitle= $aArray[$i][0] ;MsgBox(0, "Window Check", $aArray[$i][0] & " is active.")     Next     Return $wTitle EndFunc Func Example()     $wText = WinGetText("[ACTIVE]") EndFunc Func IE()     ControlFocus("Choose File to Upload","","Edit1")     ControlSetText("Choose File to Upload","","Edit1",$CmdLine[1])     ControlClick("Choose File to Upload","","Button1") EndFunc Func Chrome()     ControlFocus("Open","","Edit1")     ControlSetText("Open","","Edit1",$CmdLine[1])     ControlClick("Open","","Button1") EndFunc Func FireFox()     ControlFocus("File Upload","","Edit1")     ControlSetText("File Upload","","Edit1",$CmdLine[1])     ControlClick("File Upload","","Button1") EndFunc  
    • TheWizEd
      By TheWizEd
      How do I work with 2D arrays.  I've tried this but get errors.
      Local $aTest[4][4] = [[1,2,3,4],[5,6,7,8],[9,10,11,12],[13,14,15,16]]
      ;$aTest[0][] = [10,11,12]  ; Error at []
      Local $sTest = ""
      For $i = 0 To UBound($aTest)-1
        Local $aExtract = _ArrayExtract($aTest,$i,$i)
        $sTest = $sTest & MyTest($aExtract)
      Next
      Func MyTest($aTemp)
        _ArrayDisplay($aTemp)
        ; Error at    v $aTemp
        Return String($aTemp[0]) & " - " & String($aTemp[1]) & " - " & String($aTemp[2]) & @CRLF
      EndFunc

• Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      Hi.
      If I use this code:

#include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $sServiceTAG = "9S1Y3J2" Local $oIE = _IECreate("http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/product-support/servicetag/" & $sServiceTAG & "/warranty?ref=captchasuccess",Default,0,0) _IELoadWait($oIE) Local $oTds = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "td") For $oTd In $oTds If StringStripWS($oTd.innertext, 7) = "NBD ProSupport" Then $sShipdate = StringStripWS($oTd.NextElementSibling.InnerText, 7) ExitLoop EndIf Next _IEQuit($oIE) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Warranty", $sShipdate) My messagebox is empty, but if I use the link first:
      http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/product-support/servicetag/9S1Y3J2/warranty?ref=captchasuccess
      and then use my code I get results.
      Can someone help so I don't need to use the link first.
    • Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      Hi.
      I have this:
      november 08, 2015
      How can I convert it to:
      08/03/2015
      I don't see any convert option from month name to a number.
      Thank  you