Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RyukShini

Extracting colon delimiter from large file

7 posts in this topic

#Include <file.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>
Local $nobrainArray
$var = _FileReadToArray("example.txt", $nobrainArray)
$split = StringSplit($var, ":"); split by colon?
    _ArrayDisplay($split)

Its getting later and I am getting more and more tired so I think I should go to bed and give this another look tmr.
but if someone could help me i'd be grateful!

randomfirstname:randomlastname\nrandomfirstname:randomlastname\nrandomfirstname:randomlastname\nrandomfirstname:randomlastname\nrandomfirstname:randomlastname\nrandomfirstname:randomlastname\nrandomfirstname:randomlastname\nrandomfirstname:randomlastname\nrandomfirstname:randomlastname\n----------------------------------------------------------------------\n\nThe topic can be found here:\nhttps://www.websitehere.com\n\n\nYou can unsubscribe at any time here: https://www.websitehere.com/unsubscribe/Zm9ydW1zO2ZvcnVtczs0MzszOTc0MTA7Mzk3NDEwO25pa29sYXppbmRvQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ,,/\n\nIf you are not following any forums and wish to stop receiving notifications, uncheck the setting\n\"Send me news and information\" found in \'My Settings\' under \'Notification Options\'.\n',545627,'followed_forums','https://www.websitehere.com/topic/','forums','forums',43,'4745c9f0607baec3e8bc38f47d07f9bd'),(622776,49813,1457299052,1,'<a href=\'https://www.websitehere.com/!545627\'>Antepliemmo</a> posted topic <a href=\'https://www.websitehere.com\'>\n\n----------------------------------------------------------------------\n

As you can see this is very messy!
There is random first names and last names everywhere and then there is a lot of junk....
I am extracting all the names/last names for a buddy, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

Any help is appreciated, I'll keep working on this tomorrow again wish a fresh mindset!

Regards

Ryuk

10 minutes ago, kylomas said:

RyukShini,

Try this...

#include <array.au3>

local $aRSLT = stringregexp(fileread(@desktopdir & '\test10.txt'),'(?:\\n)?(\w+:\w+)(?:\\n)?',3)

_arraydisplay($aRSLT)

kylomas

You are just amazing man!
Can you explain this:

'(?:\\n)?(\w+:\w+)(?:\\n)?'

Thanks in advance.

Maybe look in the help file, under StringRegExp, to learn on your own?

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Another example.

#include <Array.au3>

;ConsoleWrite(StringRegExpReplace(FileRead(@ScriptName), "(?s)^.*#cs\v*|\v*#ce.*$", "") & @LF)

;$var = StringReplace(FileRead("example.txt"), "\n", @crlf) ; For use if "example.txt" file is available.
; or
$var = StringRegExpReplace(FileRead(@ScriptName), "(?s)^.*#cs\v*|\v*#ce.*$", "") ; For use in this example only where data is between #cs and #ce

$res = StringRegExp($var, '(?i)([a-z\h\-\.]+:[a-z\h\-\.]+)\\n', 3)

_ArrayDisplay($res)

#cs
randomfirstnameA:random de lastnameA\nrandomfirstnameB:randomlast-nameB\nrandomfirstnameC:randomlastnameC\nrandomBillie-JoD:randomlastnameD\nrandomfirstnameE:random lastnameE\nrandomfirstnameF:randomlastnameF Jr.\nrandomfirstnameG:randomlastnameG\nrandomfirstnameH:randomlastnameH\nrandomfirstnameI:randomlastnameI\n----------------------------------------------------------------------\n\nThe topic can be found here:\nhttps://www.websitehere.com\n\n\nYou can unsubscribe at any time here: https://www.websitehere.com/unsubscribe/Zm9ydW1zO2ZvcnVtczs0MzszOTc0MTA7Mzk3NDEwO25pa29sYXppbmRvQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ,,/\n\nIf you are not following any forums and wish to stop receiving notifications, uncheck the setting\n\"Send me news and information\" found in \'My Settings\' under \'Notification Options\'.\n',545627,'followed_forums','https://www.websitehere.com/topic/','forums','forums',43,'4745c9f0607baec3e8bc38f47d07f9bd'),(622776,49813,1457299052,1,'<a href=\'https://www.websitehere.com/!545627\'>Antepliemmo</a> posted topic <a href=\'https://www.websitehere.com\'>\n\n----------------------------------------------------------------------\n
#ce

11 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Maybe look in the help file, under StringRegExp, to learn on your own?

Doing that now, sorry that was only my laziness talking!
Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Kiran_L
      By Kiran_L
      Hi guys,

I am trying to read a pdf file with unstructured data. I dontot know how to handle pdf activities in AutoIt,
      Can you help me with any UDF to open the PDF and read the doc.

Thanks for your time.

• KimberlyJillPereira
      By KimberlyJillPereira
      I could only extract the first 20 from table into Microsoft Excel by using Array Extract but I want to extract until the end what I mean is until the second page. How to do it? Please revert. Thanks.

• Aphotic
      By Aphotic
      Just wanted to share my functions for managing a GUI with lots of controls and many screens.
      I personally feel that it is very efficient and keeps line count to a minimum.
      And if it's not, I'll learn a better solution!
      Note: There are some conditional veriables such as $changes and $cont that are modified by the main loop in this particular script; they are meant as an example, please don't try too hard to understand why they're used.
      *Usage*
      This allows you to re-state a handful of buttons in one line when doing slight GUI changes:
      ToggleCTRL($GUI_DISABLE, $dALO, $dAAF, $dRLA) (A few buttons on a certain screen)
      ToggleCTRL($GUI_DISABLE, $dSAV, $dCAN) (Save/Cancel buttons)
      AND
      A single line solution to switching a GUI "screen":
      GuiMod("MAIN", $GUI_HIDE)
      GuiMod("DETAILS", $GUI_SHOW)
      GuiMod("PLANS", $GUI_HIDE)
      Another way I've used this to my advantage is as follows:
      Say a GUI has 3 or 4 main screens, and 3 or 4 "form" screens.
      When switching to a form screen, save the main screen that it was on to a variable; then once the user is done with the form, either submitting or cancelling, you can call the variable to revert back to the main screen it was on.
      Func _GuiMod($i, $tog, $act = True) Switch $i Case "MAIN" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW And $changes Then $changes = False ControlClick($GUI, "", $LOGfg) Else EndIf If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 535, 445) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $TAB, $LOGfl, $LOGfc, $LOGfi, $LOGfg, $LOGta, $LOGvd) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $LOGtp, $LOGse) Case "DETAILS" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 535, 475) Local $cont = True If $tog = $GUI_SHOW And $act Then If Not UpdateDetails() Then $cont = False _GuiMod("MAIN", $GUI_SHOW) EndIf EndIf If $cont Then _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dUID, $dICU, $dACC, $dCOF, $dNAM, $dCO2, $dIPW, $dEMA, $dEDI, $dLOG, $dMOD) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dUPD, $dINP, $dAPL, $dALO, $dAAF, $dPLL, $dLOL, $dAFL, $dSAV, $dCAN, $dRPL) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dRLA, $dACT, $dAC2, $dRET, $dDEL, $dADD, $dMQC) EndIf Case "ADD-INPUT" _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nCOMi, $nCO2i, $nNAMi, $nNAMb, $nEMAi, $nPREc, $nACCc, $nICUi, $nADDi, $nNOTi) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nAPLb, $nALOb, $nAAFb, $nPLAl, $nLOCl, $nAFFl, $nRPLb, $nRLAb, $nADDb, $nCLEb) Case "PLANS" If $tog <> $GUI_SHOW Or Not $changing Then If $act Then _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dMOD, $dLOG, $dUPD, $dDEL) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dINP, $dAPL, $dALO, $dAAF, $dPLL, $dLOL, $dAFL, $dSAV, $dCAN, $dRPL, $dRLA) EndIf Case "CHANGE" _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dITL, $dITC, $dAML, $dAMC, $dSCB, $dCCB, $dEAB) If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then GUICtrlSetState($dRET, $GUI_DISABLE) Else GUICtrlSetState($dRET, $GUI_ENABLE) EndIf Case "NEW" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 465, 475) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $TAB, $nCOMl, $nCOMi, $nCO2l, $nCO2i, $nNAMl, $nNAMi, $nEMAl, $nEMAi, $nPREl, $nPREc) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nACCl, $nACCc, $nPAEb, $nICUl, $nICUi, $nADDi, $nAPLb, $nALOb, $nAAFb, $nPLAl, $nLOCl) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nAFFl, $nRPLb, $nNOTl, $nNOTi, $nADDb, $nCLEb, $nLAST) Case "ACCESS" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 465, 330) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $ACCd1, $ACCd2, $TYPla, $TYPli, $TYPad, $TYPde, $TYPmu, $TYPmd, $ACCla, $ACCli) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $ACCde, $ACCmu, $ACCmd, $ACCdl, $ACCdi, $ACCal, $ACCai, $ACCaa, $taRET) Case "TPi" _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpOPEb, $tpCREr, $tpLINr, $tpCO2i, $tpEMAi, $tpEMAl, $tpCREb, $tpCOPb, $tpCOPi, $tpCTOi, $tpCGOb) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpUFLi, $tpUFLb, $tpICUi, $tpPLAi, $tpLINb, $tpDLIb, $tpUFMi, $tpSCAl, $tpCFAr, $tpCBAr) Case "TPC" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPL", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPH", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPD", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpCO2l, $tpCO2i, $tpCOPl, $tpCOPi, $tpCREb, $tpCOPb, $tpSEPl, $tpCTOl, $tpCTOi, $tpCGOb, $tpLAST) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpIDNl, $tpIDNi, $tpIDNn, $tpSCAl, $tpEMAi, $tpEMAl, $tpCFAr, $tpCBAr) Case "TPL" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPC", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPH", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPD", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpUFLl, $tpUFLi, $tpUFLb, $tpICUl, $tpICUi, $tpPLAl, $tpPLAi, $tpLINb, $tpDLIb, $tpUFMl, $tpUFMi, $tpIMAb, $tpIMRb) Case "TPH" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPC", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPL", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPD", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpUFLl, $tpUFLi, $tpUFLb, $tpUFMl, $tpUFMi, $tpCOCl, $tpCOCi, $tpCOGb) Case "TPD" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPC", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPL", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPH", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpDIDl, $tpDIDi, $tpDIDb) EndSwitch EndFunc Func _ToggleCTRL($tog, $c0 = 0, $c1 = 0, $c2 = 0, $c3 = 0, $c4 = 0, $c5 = 0, $c6 = 0, $c7 = 0, $c8 = 0, $c9 = 0, $c10 = 0, $c11 = 0, $c12 = 0) For $i = 0 To @NumParams GUICtrlSetState(Eval("c" & $i), $tog) Next EndFunc  
      By 31290
      Hi everyone
      Hope you're doing great today.
      Well, I have a little question about extracting a certain string from a file name to make comparison after treatment.
      Let's get into the details:
      First of all, I gather and store a machine BIOS Version by running this:
      RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "wmic bios get SMBIOSBIOSVERSION >> C:\Drivers\Tag.txt" & @CRLF, "", @SW_HIDE, "$STDOUT_CHILD") _FileWriteToLine("c:\Drivers\BIOS_Version.txt", 1, "", 1) $sContent = FileRead ("C:\Drivers\BIOS_Version.txt") $sContent = StringRegExpReplace($sContent, " ", "") Result is, for example, A10
      Then, I download the latest available BIOS version from the Dell related model website and the filename of the latest BIOS is stored in a $sBIOSName variable.
      Result is for example, E5440A14.exe
      What i can't figure out is how to extract the Bios name stored in the $sBIOSName knowing that each model this app would run won't have the same number of chars.
      Indeed, I have some OPL790AXX.exe / OPL7010AXX.exe / E5470AXX.exe etc...
      I imagine something like getting the whole string, left trimming it to the first A found count 2 chars on the right and store them to have the possibility to make the check between A10 and A14 (as the number of char of filenames is never the same)
      Hope this is clear  If not, don't hesitate to ask for more.
      Thanks in advance for the help

• wakillon
      By wakillon
      TinyPicSharer :

A simple and handy tool for capture window or picture by mouse grab and an uploader for 10 Pic Hosters !
      You can also Resize, Convert, Optimize, add WaterMark to your images easily.
      (optimization with jpegtran.exe, optipng.exe, gifsicle.exe command line tools)
      In plus it can extract images from Docs (pdf, doc, docx, odt, odp, ppt, pptx, pps, ppsx)
      (Doc extraction with b2xtranslator and pdfextract.exe command line tools)
      Just Drag'n drop a picture/doc on the Host Logo for load it.
      I have replaced Curl by WinHttp functions and TrIDLib.DLL by my own FileGetType function.

Previous downloads : 1343

Update of 8 June 2013
      source and executable are available in the Download Section
      See Tray menu for options.
      Double click on his tray icon for restore the gui.

>zlib.au3, WinHttp.au3, >WinAPIEx UDF are needed. ( Thanks to Ward, trancexx, Yashield )
      Hope you 'll find it usefull !