Get .Net WinForm Application ToolTip Control

I turned to Autoit from AHK just because it support WinForm Application so well. The problem often haunts me that all the application in my job is WinForm. And it indeed help my work so much. Great thanks in advance.

However, I can't get the ToolTip text in the application of my company. Specifically,now I want to get the information about some data, however the information is all displayed in the tooltip on the scatter diagram which is made of those data.

Is there any advice ? Relative topics I have searched can't get any information about the winform tooltip...

• Moderators

@Sucre what information do you get when you hover over the tooltip with the AutoIt Window Info tool (in the same directory where you installed AutoIt)? What is the name of the application, or a screenshot of what you're seeing?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

5 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

@Sucre what information do you get when you hover over the tooltip with the AutoIt Window Info tool (in the same directory where you installed AutoIt)? What is the name of the application, or a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thank you~

I can't get information about the ToolTip with the Autoit Window Info, because I just can't put the mouse cursor on the ToolTip. I only can hover over the Data Point on the chart, then ToolTip shows the text, and when my mouse move, it disappears at once. I want to set hotkey to get the ToolTip when my mouse hover over the point. Do I make myself clear?

I'm sorry I can't give you more information because of the strict security regulations in my company. The application is a control system of the production. If no solution, I also express my understanding.Thank you!

23 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

I think my problem is very simple, just like  find Tooltip window , the only difference is that my software is WinForm. and so that the answer get nothing of the application, in my judgement.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By endtro
      I have a weird problem with a ToolTip function.
      It seems that I can't reliably remove a tooltip from the screen if I originally created it by setting a tooltip text via variable, not a straight up string.

Here's a simple script that I used for testing:

After I remade the script into this, it started working just fine (stopped working after I fixed the array comparison):

Basic idea of the script:
      You press F1 and a tooltip with some useful info shows up by the mouse cursor. It follows the cursor around until you press F1 again, then it copies the info to the clipboard and hides the tooltip.

It almost seems like if I created a tooltip using a variable to set the text, then ToolTip("") most of the times just repeats the previous use of ToolTip function. If you try to add Sleep(1000) before ToolTip("") in the first draft of the script, you'll see what i mean (if it works the same for everyone, that is).

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello guys, please i need your help
      am trying to work with CreateWindowEx api, i created the window with it controls, also i setup the call back function
      i'am using WinMSGLoop to focus with the keyboard.
      here i have a problem, i hope that you can help me.
      on the controls i used the UDF that comme with the autoit, such as _GUIButton_Create, _GUIListBox_Create....
      but i can't find a STATIC control UDF, for that i used this

local $h_ssrvlbl = _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx(0, "STATIC", "الخادم", BitOr($WS_VISIBLE, $WS_CHILD, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN), 250, 10, 100, 20, $hWnd)
      as you can see here, there is an arabic text, so here is the problem, the arabic text isn't show normally, what is the problem here?
      also i have  an other question about keyboard focus, when i used WinMSGLoop, it worked, but if i press alt+tab to switch windows or focus an other window and return back to my window, the focus of control is kill.
      can any one help me to solve that please?
      my code will be as file here with the include files
      i hope can any one help me here
      thanks in advance

speed Test win.zip
    • By shelly
      Here is the below code for handling pop-up when window is  inactive ..but I don't know how to change sleep and when i run this script it runs sometimes and sometimes it stops .
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{SPACE}")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{DOWN}")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{ENTER}")
      --- these 3 lines never worked while TAB lines works sometimes but not in accurate way
      I am new too AutoIt .. help me out why this script behaves in strange way
      ControlFocus("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1")
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog", "", "Internet Explorer_Server1","1")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{TAB}")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog", "", "Internet Explorer_Server1","the request is send")
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{TAB}")
      Sleep(3000)
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{SPACE}")
      Sleep(3000)
      Sleep(3000)
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{DOWN}")
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{ENTER}")

• By buymeapc
      Hello,
      I was looking for a way to use the CLR functions to check a SQL 2016 database state, but I've been unable to find an example that I can get to work. Any help would be appreciated. Here's what I have, which always errors when I try to set the connection string and I'm not sure why. Thanks!
      #include ".\Includes\CLR.au3" #include ".\Includes\CLR Constants.au3" JustATest() Func JustATest() Local $oAssembly = _CLR_LoadLibrary("System.Data") ConsoleWrite("$oAssembly: " & IsObj($oAssembly) & @CRLF) Local $oSQLConn = _CLR_CreateObject($oAssembly, "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection") ConsoleWrite("$oSQLConn: " & IsObj($oSQLConn) & @CRLF) $oSQLConn.ConnectionString = "Server=serverip;Database=dbname;UID=user;PWD=aaaa;" $oSQLConn.Open EndFunc Edit: I am using ptrex's CLR UDF from here:
    • By ptrex
      WHAT : is .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR) Framework
      The Common Language Runtime (CLR) is a an Execution Environment . Common Language Runtime (CLR)'s main tasks are to convert the .NET Managed Code to native code, manage running code like a Virtual Machine, and also controls the interaction with the Operating System.
      As part of Microsoft's .NET Framework, the Common Language Runtime (CLR) is managing the execution of programs written in any of several supported languages. Allowing them to share common object-oriented classes written in any of the languages.
      HOW : To access the CLR environment you need to create an Appdomain Object - _CLR_GetDefaultDomain()
      An AppDomain provides an isolated region in which code runs inside of an existing process.
      Application domains provide an isolation boundary for security, reliability, and versioning, and for unloading assemblies. Application domains are typically created by runtime hosts, which are responsible for bootstrapping the common language runtime before an application is run.
      WHEN : Would you use CLR Runtime Hosts
        1. To access  .NET Class Libraries :
      System System.Collections System.Data System.Drawing System.IO System.Text System.Threading System.Timers System.Web System.Web.Services System.Windows.Forms System.Xml   2. Accessing custom build .Net Assemblies :
        Some Examples (but there are a ton out there)
      AutoItX3 - The .NET Assembly for using AutoItX JSonToXML libr. XMLRPC Libr. .NETPDF libr. .NETOCR Libr WInSCP Libr.  ...   3. To Compile .Net Code into an Assembly
        4. To Run C# or VB.net Code
        5. To Mix AU3 and .Net functionality in your Application

WHERE :  To find documentation about CLR
      First of all you can find a lot on MSDN and here  : Post 4 & Post 6

EXAMPLES : Multiple examples included in Zip !!
      Example : “System.Text.UTF8Encoding”

Example : “System.IO.FileInfo”

Example : “System.Windows.Forms”

Example : AutoItX3 Custom .NET Assembly AutoItX

Example : Compile Code C# and Code VB

Example : Compile Code C# at Runtime

WHO : Created the CLR.au3 UDF
      All credits go to : Danyfirex / Larsj / Trancexx  / Junkew

TO DO : The library is still Work in Process …
      (Some of the GUI Controls are not yet working as expected...)
      Anyone is free to participate in contributing to get the bugs resolved and to expand the CLR.au3 functionality ...
      Enjoy !!
      DOWNLOADS :  (Last updated) 
      - added CLR Constants.au3 - Danyfirex
          - Global Constants added (Magic numbers)
      - added .NET CLR CreateObject vs ObjCreate Example.au3 - Junkew
               • 2 approaches give the same result (only valid for COM Visible Assembly)
               • Includes a function that shows you which Assembly Classes are COM Visible
      - added .Net Conventional COM Objects Examples - ptrex
      - added .NET CLR CreateComInstanceFrom Example - Danyfirex
          - You can use it for Regfree COM Assembly Access
          - System.Activator has 4 methods :
              • CreateComInstanceFrom : Used to create instances of COM objects.
              • CreateInstanceFrom : Used to create a reference to an object from a particular assembly and type name.
              • GetObject : Used when marshaling objects.
              • CreateInstance : Used to create local or remote instances of an object.
      - added .NET Access SafeArrays Using AccVarsUtilities Example - LarsJ
      - added SafeArray Utilities functions in Includes - LarsJ 
      - added .NET Access Native MSCorLib Classes - System - ptrex
          Multiple System Class Examples :
               • System.Random
               •  System.DateTime
               •  System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter
               •  System.IO.FileInfo
               •  System.Int32
               •  System.Double
               •  System.Speech
               • System.Web