ur

how to split string by space but escape spaces inside quotes

ur

I have a string like this:

"Video or movie"    "parent"    "Media or entertainment"    "1" "1" "1" "0" "0"

I would like to split it by the spaces but the space inside the quote(both double and single quotes) should be ignored. So the splitted strings should be:

"Video or movie"
"parent"
"Media or entertainment"
"1"

SadBunny

Something like this?

#include<Array.au3>

Local $x = '"Video or movie"    "parent"    ''Media or entertainment''    "1" "1" "1" "0" "0"'

Local $a = StringRegExp($x, '["''].*?["'']', $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH)

_ArrayDisplay($a)

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

AutoBert

This is a other possible solution:

#include <Array.au3>

$sText='"Video or movie"    "parent"    "Media or entertainment"    "1" "1" "1" "0" "0"'
$aText=StringSplit($sText,'"', $STR_ENTIRESPLIT)
For $i=$aText[0] To 1 Step -1
    If StringStripWS($aText[$i],8)='' Then _ArrayDelete($aText,$i)
Next
$aText[0]=UBound($aText)-1
_ArrayDisplay($aText)

ur
1 hour ago, SadBunny said:

Something like this?

#include<Array.au3>

Local $x = '"Video or movie"    "parent"    ''Media or entertainment''    "1" "1" "1" "0" "0"'

Local $a = StringRegExp($x, '["''].*?["'']', $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH)

_ArrayDisplay($a)

This is no splitting if I give the string as below

$string = "ERwin-PC ERwin-PC\erwin Notallowed1!"

ur
1 hour ago, AutoBert said:

This is a other possible solution:

#include <Array.au3>

$sText='"Video or movie"    "parent"    "Media or entertainment"    "1" "1" "1" "0" "0"'
$aText=StringSplit($sText,'"', $STR_ENTIRESPLIT)
For $i=$aText[0] To 1 Step -1
    If StringStripWS($aText[$i],8)='' Then _ArrayDelete($aText,$i)
Next
$aText[0]=UBound($aText)-1
_ArrayDisplay($aText)

Capture.PNG

mikell
6 minutes ago, ur said:

This is no splitting if I give the string as below

$string = "ERwin-PC ERwin-PC\erwin Notallowed1!"

Obvious. This string contains no quotes ^^

#include<Array.au3>

Local $x = "ERwin-PC ERwin-PC\erwin Notallowed1!" 
msgbox(0,"", $x)
Local $a = StringRegExp($x, '["''].*?["'']', 3)
_ArrayDisplay($a)

Local $x = '"ERwin-PC ERwin-PC\erwin Notallowed1!" '
msgbox(0,"", $x)
Local $a = StringRegExp($x, '["''].*?["'']', 3)
_ArrayDisplay($a)

ur

Yeah, but my requirement is to split the string with space as delimiter and to skip the splitting if the space is inside the quotes...

ur

Don;t know whether it is best one but I came up with this.

Func SplitSpaceNotInQuotes($sString)
    $aString = StringSplit($sString, "", 2)
    _ArrayDisplay($aString)
    $iStart = 0
    For $i=0 to UBound($aString)-1
        if ($aString[$i]="""" or $aString[$i]="'") and $iStart=1 then $iStart = 0

if ($aString[$i]="""" and (Mod(UBound(StringSplit(_ArrayToString($aString,"",$i), """")),2) = 0)) or ($aString[$i]="'" and (Mod(UBound(StringSplit(_ArrayToString($aString,"",$i), "'")),2) = 0)) then
            $iStart=1
        EndIf
        if $iStart = 1 then
            if $aString[$i]=" " then $aString[$i]="æ"
        EndIf
    Next
    $sStringModified = _ArrayToString($aString,"")
    MsgBox(0,"",$sStringModified)
    For $b=1 to UBound($aString1)-1
        $aString1[$b]=trimQuotes($aString1[$b])
        $aString1[$b]= StringReplace ( $aString1[$b], "æ", " ")
    Next
        return $aString
EndFunc

SadBunny

Ah, ok, how about this then...

#include<Array.au3>

Local $x = 'So this is    Christmas... "Video or movie"    "parent"    ''Media or entertainment''    "1" "1" "1" "0" "0"'

Local $a = StringRegExp($x, '["''].*?["'']|[^ ]+', $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH)

_ArrayDisplay($a)

• Like 1

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

jchd

Does this work for you?

Local $s = '"Video or movie"  no_quotes  "parent"  ''action or drama''   "Media or entertainment"    "1" ''2" "3"'' "0" "0"'
Local $a = StringRegExp($s & " ", '(?|(".*?") +|(''.*?'') +|([^ "'']+) +)', 3)
_ArrayDisplay($a)

• Like 1

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

ur

Thanks  SadBunny and jchd..

Your codes are working for me..

Can you guide me how to learn this Regular Expression syntax.

jchd

The help file under StringRegExp is a concise primer, then use RegExp site to exercise and debug. The definitive documentation is in PCRE website (refer to PCRE1, not PCRE2).

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

AutoBert
8 hours ago, ur said:

Yeah, but my requirement is to split the string with space as delimiter and to skip the splitting if the space is inside the quotes...

exactly this does my example for your demo data:

92_ArrayDisplay.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      I got that func
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, "HERE") EndFunc and I call this func like that
      makeHelpImgGUI("Image",1190, 800,$SETTINGS_JPG)  
      so what is the problem in the parameter where is - "HERE" I need value of img but passed as string
      so $img = $SETTINGS_JPG and how make it "SETTINGS_JPG"

I tried something like that but not work
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $name_str = String($img) $name_str = StringTrimLeft ($name_str, 1 ) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, $name_str) EndFunc  
    • liagason
      By liagason
      Hello everyone,
      How can I display in ascending  sequence some numbers stored in a string variable?
      $str = "18,03,48,23" MsgBox(0,"test",$str) I would like it to display "03,18,23,48"
    • Rskm
      By Rskm
      Hi, I have the following line in a text file 'input.txt'. I know the line number - say '6'. I wish to replace the text 'WWW' in the below line with a random number (I can generate that with random()).
      WERIS  WWWJP   3.83  8.330  1.000                1097.RAXX 
      The WWW is a 3 digit integer (could be any number between 0 to 999), I can use stringtrimleft and get the numerical value of WWW in this file
      so, basically, I know the string to replace (ie; WWW stored in a variable), I know the line number to work on and the file location/name and the replacement variable (through random()). My requirement is to fill that 3 spaces with my random number (which Is a integer between 1 and 999)
      please put ur suggestions

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello Members of this best Forum
      i have a question please
      for example if i have a long string
      and i want to extract a text between two tag
      what i can do to make that?
      note :
      i know that there is a
      StringRegExp function
      it's do that work
      but it result is be as an array
      i want the result to be a string
      is there any function on autoit can do that?
      Thanks in advance.
    • mistersquirrle
      By mistersquirrle
      Hello!

I wrote myself a script to follow Google Maps Polyline encoding steps: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/utilities/polylinealgorithm, and that works (although I think that it's a bit janky), but now I'm having issues getting the output.

When I run the script, all the points come out correctly in the console, and even when they're the only things that I log, it displays them fine. However, I'm adding each point into a variable to return all of them at once at the end, fully formatted, and it's only taking the very first point. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, as it seems fine.

When run with the default value, it should output this at the end: Custom Polygon: _p~iF~ps|U_ulLnnqC_mqNvxq`@
      But instead I'm just getting this: Custom Polygon: _p~iF

I know that it's reaching the string combination lines because it's logging the data before it (and even if a put log AFTER the $sPolygon &= $aPoints[0], it's logged fine).

Here's my full code (problem is lines ~209 - 234, search "$sPolygon &= $aPoints[1]"):
      #include <Array.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> _PolyGUI() Func _PolyGUI() #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $hInputGUI = GUICreate("Lat Long encoder", 403, 301, 192, 124) GUISetFont(8, 400, 0, "Consolas") GUICtrlCreateLabel("Input polygon points here, format as:", 8, 8, 263, 19) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "Consolas") GUICtrlCreateLabel("Lat Long - Single point", 8, 24, 142, 17) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Lat Long, Lat Long, Lat Long - Multiple points", 8, 40, 280, 17) Local $sPoints = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 64, 385, 201, BitOR($ES_WANTRETURN, $WS_VSCROLL)) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "38.5 -120.2, 40.7 -120.95, 43.252 -126.453") GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Consolas") $bOK = GUICtrlCreateButton("bOK", 16, 272, 123, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "Consolas") $bCancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("bCancel", 304, 272, 75, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "Consolas") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hInputGUI) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $bCancel Exit Case $bOK $sPoints = GUICtrlRead($sPoints) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hInputGUI) _GetPoly($sPoints, True) ExitLoop EndSwitch Sleep(10) WEnd EndFunc ;==>_PolyGUI ;https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/utilities/polylinealgorithm ;https://app.dsmobileidx.com/api/DescribeSearchForLinkId?linkId=469787 ; Note that this will only really work inside the US (this side of the World), as it's assuming any negative is the Longitude ;https://gist.github.com/ismaels/6636986 - decoder ;Using: 41.83162 -87.64696 ; Expected: sfi~F np}uO ; Actual: sfi~f np}uo ; If we remove 32 from the last ASCII code, since the last bit chunk is 0, we get the correct case/ characters ; We need to run this logic back through all the indexes though and do this to all that that <= 63 ;LinkId=469787 ; Expected: q{`aHpa_iVi[kp@}`Aa{@e[eCoqBbAyc@iRy{@g_@mz@|gA{eAh~@Vf~Etv@gB~p@gQ`^yg@~p@ekAldA{KfFxIrJ^pO~Mtl@dPrJnUz[nSpo@wf@fc@yw@n@ob@ ; Actual: s{`aHpa_iVg[kp@}`Aa{@g[gCmqBbA{c@iRy{@e_@kz@|gA{eAh~@Td~Evv@gB|p@gQb^wg@|p@ekAndA{KfFvIpJ`@rO~Mrl@dPrJnU|[lSpo@wf@dc@yw@n@mb@ ; I assume that this is because of bad data, the points have repeating 9's and 0's, which looks fishy. The polygon is (very) close, but not quite the same. Func _GetPoly($sPoints, $bLog = False) Local $timer = TimerInit(), $sConsole[11] Local $sPolygon = "" ; Step 1, take the initial signed value: Local $aCoords = StringRegExp($sPoints, "(-*?\d*\.\d*) (-*?\d*\.\d*)", 3), $aPoints[2] ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aCoords) If $bLog Then _Log(_ArrayToString($aCoords)) For $c = 0 To (UBound($aCoords) - 1) Step 2 ;~ If $bLog Then _Log($c) If $c = 0 Then $aPoints[0] = $aCoords[$c] $aPoints[1] = $aCoords[$c + 1] Else $aPoints[0] = $aCoords[$c] - $aCoords[$c - 2] $aPoints[1] = $aCoords[$c + 1] - $aCoords[$c - 1] EndIf If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 1, take the initial signed value:") _Log(" " & $aPoints[0]) _Log(" " & $aPoints[1]) EndIf ; Step 2, multiply each by 1e5, and round $aPoints[0] = Round($aPoints[0] * 1e5, 0) $aPoints[1] = Round($aPoints[1] * 1e5, 0) If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 2, multiply each by 1e5, and round") _Log(" " & $aPoints[0]) _Log(" " & $aPoints[1]) EndIf ; Step 3, convert Decimal to Binary, using two's complement for negatives. Padded to 32 bits $aPoints[0] = _NumberToBinary($aPoints[0]) $aPoints[1] = _NumberToBinary($aPoints[1]) If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 3, convert Decimal to Binary, using two's complement for negatives. Padded to 32 bits") _Log(" " & $aPoints[0]) _Log(" " & $aPoints[1]) EndIf ; Step 4, left-shifted 1 bit $aPoints[0] = StringTrimLeft($aPoints[0], 1) & "0" $aPoints[1] = StringTrimLeft($aPoints[1], 1) & "0" If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 4, left-shifted 1 bit") _Log(" " & $aPoints[0]) _Log(" " & $aPoints[1]) EndIf ; Step 5, if negative, invert binary If $c = 0 Then If $aCoords[$c] < 0 Then $aPoints[0] = _InvertBinary($aPoints[0]) If $aCoords[$c + 1] < 0 Then $aPoints[1] = _InvertBinary($aPoints[1]) Else If $aCoords[$c] - $aCoords[$c - 2] < 0 Then $aPoints[0] = _InvertBinary($aPoints[0]) If $aCoords[$c + 1] - $aCoords[$c - 1] < 0 Then $aPoints[1] = _InvertBinary($aPoints[1]) EndIf If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 5, if negative, invert binary") _Log(" " & $aPoints[0]) _Log(" " & $aPoints[1]) EndIf Local $aChunks[2][6], $0x20 For $i = 0 To 1 $0x20 = "1" ; This is out BitOR flag, 0x20 BitOR'd onto our 5-bit chunks is always 1*****, except the last chunk $sConsole[5] = "" ; Clearing console variables $sConsole[6] = "" $sConsole[7] = "" $sConsole[8] = "" $sConsole[9] = "" For $j = 0 To 5 ;There will always be 6 chunks ; Step 6 & 7, break into 5-bit chunks, and reverse order $aChunks[$i][$j] = StringTrimLeft($aPoints[$i], StringLen($aPoints[$i]) - 5) ; This splits into 5-bit chunks in reverse order, doing 6 & 7 in one operation ;~ If $bLog Then _Log(" " & $aPoints[$i]) ;~ If $bLog Then _Log(" " & StringLen($aPoints[$i])) ;~ If $bLog Then _Log(" " & StringTrimLeft($aPoints[$i], StringLen($aPoints[$i]) - 5)) ;~ If $bLog Then _Log(" " & $aChunks[$i][$j]) ; Here we consume the original binary string, so the next loop gets the correct next 5-bit chunk $aPoints[$i] = StringTrimRight($aPoints[$i], 5) $sConsole[5] &= $aChunks[$i][$j] & " " ; Once consumed, if the remaining length isn't enough for another bit chunk, switch 0x20 to 0 (no following chunks) If StringLen($aPoints[$i]) <= 5 Then $0x20 = "0" ; Step 8, BitOR 100000 (0x20) to our 5-bit chunks (effectively) $aChunks[$i][$j] = $0x20 & $aChunks[$i][$j] $sConsole[7] &= $aChunks[$i][$j] & " " ; Step 9, converting the chunk from Binary back to Decimal $aChunks[$i][$j] = _BinaryToDec($aChunks[$i][$j]) $sConsole[8] &= $aChunks[$i][$j] & " " ; Step 10, adding 63 to decimal values $aChunks[$i][$j] += 63 $sConsole[9] &= $aChunks[$i][$j] & " " If StringLen($aPoints[$i]) < 5 Then ExitLoop Next If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 6 & 7 (part " & $i & "), break into 5-bit chunks, and reverse order") _Log(" " & $sConsole[5]) _Log("- Step 8 (part " & $i & "), BitOR 100000 (0x20) to our 5-bit chunks (effectively)") _Log(" " & $sConsole[7]) _Log("- Step 9 (part " & $i & "), converting the chunk from Binary back to Decimal") _Log(" " & $sConsole[8]) _Log("- Step 10 (part " & $i & "), adding 63 to decimal values") _Log(" " & $sConsole[9]) EndIf Next Local $aASCII[0] For $i = 0 To 1 Dim $aASCII[0] ; Reset ASCII array For $j = 0 To (UBound($aChunks, 2) - 1) ; For both chunk sets ReDim $aASCII[UBound($aASCII) + 1] ; Add an index for the ASCII array If $aChunks[$i][$j] = "" Or $aChunks[$i][$j] <= 63 Then ; If the chunk is not useful $l = $j For $k = $l To 1 Step -1 If $aChunks[$i][$k] = "" Or $aChunks[$i][$k] <= 63 Or $aASCII[$k] <= 63 Then $aASCII[$k - 1] -= 32 If $aASCII[$k - 1] <= 63 Then _ArrayDelete($aASCII, $k - 1) Else ExitLoop EndIf Next ExitLoop EndIf $aASCII[$j] = Int($aChunks[$i][$j]) Next ;Step 11, convert each value to ASCII equivalent For $k = UBound($aASCII) - 1 To 0 If $aASCII[$k] <= 63 Or $aASCII[$k] = "" Then ReDim $aASCII[UBound($aASCII) - 1] Else ExitLoop EndIf Next $aPoints[$i] = StringFromASCIIArray($aASCII, 0, -1, 0) Next If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 11, convert each value to ASCII equivalent, finished") If $aCoords[$c] <= 0 Then ;@CRLF & " " & If $bLog Then _Log($aPoints[1]) _Log($aPoints[0]) _Log("Next set") EndIf $sPolygon &= $aPoints[1] $sPolygon &= $aPoints[0] Else If $bLog Then _Log($aPoints[0]) _Log($aPoints[1]) _Log("Next set") EndIf $sPolygon &= $aPoints[0] $sPolygon &= $aPoints[1] EndIf Next If $bLog Then _Log("Custom Polygon: " & $sPolygon) _Log(TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF) EndIf Return $sPolygon EndFunc ;==>_GetPoly Func _NumberToBinary($iNumber) Local $sBinString = "" ; Maximum 32-bit # range is -2147483648 to 2147483647 If $iNumber < -2147483648 Or $iNumber > 2147483647 Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") ; Convert to a 32-bit unsigned integer. We can't work on signed #'s $iUnsignedNumber = BitAND($iNumber, 0x7FFFFFFF) ; Cycle through each bit, shifting to the right until 0 Do $sBinString = BitAND($iUnsignedNumber, 1) & $sBinString $iUnsignedNumber = BitShift($iUnsignedNumber, 1) Until Not $iUnsignedNumber ; Was it a negative #? Put the sign bit on top, and pad the bits that aren't set If $iNumber < 0 Then Return '1' & StringRight("000000000000000000000000000000" & $sBinString, 31) ; Always return 32 bit binaries If StringLen($sBinString) < 32 Then Return StringRight("0000000000000000000000000000000" & $sBinString, 32) Return $sBinString EndFunc ;==>_NumberToBinary Func _BinaryToDec($sBinary) Local Const $aPower[8] = [128, 64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1] Local $iDec If StringRegExp($sBinary, "[0-1]") Then If StringLen($sBinary) < 8 Then Do $sBinary = "0" & $sBinary Until StringLen($sBinary) = 8 EndIf $aBinary = StringSplit($sBinary, "", 2) For $i = 0 To UBound($aBinary) - 1 ;~ $aBinary[$i] = $aBinary[$i] * $aPower[$i] $iDec += $aBinary[$i] * $aPower[$i] Next Return $iDec Else Return SetError(0, 0, "Not a binary string") EndIf EndFunc ;==>_BinaryToDec Func _InvertBinary($iNumber) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & $iNumber) Local $sNumber $aNumber = StringSplit($iNumber, "") For $i = 1 To $aNumber[0] If $aNumber[$i] = 0 Then $aNumber[$i] = 1 ElseIf $aNumber[$i] = 1 Then $aNumber[$i] = 0 Else Return SetError(0, 0, "Not a binary number") EndIf $sNumber &= String($aNumber[$i]) Next Return $sNumber EndFunc ;==>_InvertBinary Func _Log($data) ;~ Local Static $LogEnable = True ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & "." & @SEC & " " & $data) LogData(@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & "." & @SEC & " " & $data, "logs/LOGFILE.txt") EndFunc ;==>_Log Func LogData($text, $File = "logs/LOGFILE.txt") Global $LogFile = "" If $LogFile = "" Then $LogFile = FileOpen($File, 9) OnAutoItExitRegister(CloseLog) EndIf FileWriteLine($LogFile, $text) EndFunc ;==>LogData Func CloseLog() If $LogFile <> "" Then _Log("Closing LoD script" & @CRLF) FileClose($LogFile) EndIf EndFunc ;==>CloseLog  
      I've tried:
      $sPolygon &= $aPoints[0] & $aPoints[1] ;---- $sPolygon = $sPolygon & $aPoints[0] & $aPoints[1] ;---- $sPolygon = $sPolygon & String($aPoints[0] & $aPoints[1]) ;---- $sPolygon = String($sPolygon) & String($aPoints[0]) & String($aPoints[1]) ;---- $sPolygon &= $aPoints[1] $sPolygon &= $aPoints[0] ;----  
      I'm sure it's something basic that I'm overlooking, but I don't understand why it's not combining the strings. 
      Also, unrelated, why doesn't $LogFile = FileOpen($File, 9) create the directory/ file if they don't exist? 9 should be $FO_CREATEPATH (8) + $FO_APPEND (1)?
      Thanks!